Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Gorgon Armoured Assault Transport returns

Forge World Gorgon Imperial Guard

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Plasmablasts

Plasmablasts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 894 posts

The guns on the back bug me somehow.

I guess they're stubbers or autocannons or whatever, but they don't look like 40k stubbers or autocannons. They look like they're taken from an actual WW1/2 scale model kit. I get that that's the inspiration for the model, but it's being taken much too literally.

Kreig weapons all look like ww1/2 kit over cadian standard

It’s also, I believe, a relatively venerable model, predating the recent proliferation of heavy stubbers on main-studio GW kits.

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,366 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard
Jack the price up by £50 and then they'll wonder why none's buying it.

Iron Father Imeran Byon

Iron Father Imeran Byon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 525 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

As Doctor Perils said: the model is already out of stock. Nobody's wondering why nobody is buying it ;)

• DuskRaider, BeatTheBeat and Captain_Krash like this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 19,845 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'm honestly really surprised it already sold out. It's really expensive even for FW standards and it looks kinda bland too. Either they had low stock which I can't imagine or there was some huge hidden demand somewhere lol

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,366 posts

As Doctor Perils said: the model is already out of stock. Nobody's wondering why nobody is buying it ;)

Question is how many they actually had in stock. That they pulled this in the first place means it wasn't selling like hot cakes.

There aren't that many Imperial Militia or DKoK players out there.

Redcomet

Redcomet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 245 posts

Still a nice model and good to see it back but... it's £175 now. A year ago it was £125. That's quite a jump.

Thats crazy

crimsondave

crimsondave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 104 posts

The reason they quit selling it to start with was the mold was wore out and the quality became garbage.  They made a new mold which, I'm sure, played a part in the price increase.  These things were selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay.  Like $500 and up.

Edited by crimsondave, 06 December 2019 - 10:01 PM.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,516 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

In ye olde days they didnt make too many Superheavies and similar big kits at once, id assume theyd lay in a few more for a re-release but not more than a few dozen i expect. Lord knows if i had a use for one and any money idve jumped on it too though :D 

Lexington

Lexington

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,394 posts
  • Faction: The Aurora Chapter
Aw, yay, I love this venerable old monster.
gallery_23421_8142_1088.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,111 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I’m glad it sold out. Hopefully it’ll encourage them to invest in bringing back some other missing pieces of the range. It was nice to see the galaxy brains on Facebook predicting it will flop we’re eating crow.
  • Felix Antipodes, DuskRaider and Master Commander Ajax like this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Biscuittzz

Biscuittzz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard/Grey Knights

As Doctor Perils said: the model is already out of stock. Nobody's wondering why nobody is buying it msn-wink.gif

Question is how many they actually had in stock. That they pulled this in the first place means it wasn't selling like hot cakes.

As Doctor Perils said: the model is already out of stock. Nobody's wondering why nobody is buying it msn-wink.gif

Don't underestimate the amount of non-players or even non-DKoK players who buy models because they like them.

• Felix Antipodes and Gederas like this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,027 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

This thing is awesome and I'm glad it's made a comeback. I love the old FW IG tanks, I know they're swines to assemble but they look so cool.

Now bring back the old Chaos Dreadnoughts and you have my money, FW...

• jeremy1391 likes this

ztbmByp.png

"Painting with this stuff is like trying to copy the Mona Lisa using Napalm." -DuskRaider on Typhus Corrosion.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 620 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
The Gorgon was one of those models that I will most likely never own but was sad to see go. It’s always encouraging to see OOP models return to the range.

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forge World, Gorgon, Imperial Guard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users