3k Alpha Legion Coils

CajunJynx

This is the primary list I have been using for AL lately, I’ve found it pretty well balanced with lots of target saturation, ranged, and staying power.

The rhino DT for the heavy support squad is a Tax so I’m not locked into infiltrate as my mutable tactic, typically I deploy the squad in cover and run the rhino around melta-ing things.

++ Crusade (Legiones Astartes: Age of Darkness Army List) [3,000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Praetor, Legion [205pts]: Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, On Foot, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol, Power Dagger

Primus Medicae [130pts]: Combi-Bolter, On Foot

. Cataphractii Pattern Terminator Armour: Terminator Armour

. Consul

. . Primus Medicae

. Power Weapon: Power Axe

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment [60pts]

. Apothecary, Legion: Jump Pack, Power Armour

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainsword

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought [185pts]: Twin-linked Lascannon x 2

The Rewards of Treason [725pts]

. Firedrake Terminator Squad: 4x Dragonscale Storm Shield, 4x Firedrakes, 4x Thunder Hammer

. . Firedrake Master: Dragonscale Storm Shield, Master-crafted Thunder Hammer

. . Spartan Assault Tank, Legion: Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield, Quad Lascannon Sponsons x2, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

+ Troops +

Assault Squad, Legion , Compulsory [300pts]: 9x Assault Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Combat Shields, Melta Bombs, 2x Power Axe

. Assault Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol, Power Dagger, Power Fist

. Standard Wargear

. . Chainsword or Combat Blade: Chainsword

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [210pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Dagger, Power Fist

Tactical Squad, Legion , Compulsory [210pts]: Bolters, 9x Tactical Space Marines, Legion

. Additional Wargear: Additional Chainswords/Combat Blades

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion

. Tactical Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour, Bolter, Power Dagger, Power Fist

+ Fast Attack +

Land Speeder Squadron, Legion [50pts]

. Land Speeder, Legion: Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Support Squad, Legion Volkite Culverin [270pts]: Hardened Armour, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Space Marines, Legion, Volkite Culverin

. Rhino Armoured Carrier, Legion: Multi Melta

. Sergeant, Legion: Artificer Armour

Sicaran Arcus Strike Tank [240pts]: Armoured Ceramite

. Twin Arcus launcher: Skyspear Warheads

+ Allegiance +

Legion and Allegiance: Traitor

. XX: Alpha Legion:

Rite of War: The Coils of the Hydra

+ Lords of War +

Alpharius [415pts]

++ Total: [3,000pts] ++

Yup, it's a nice list, alright. 

Maybe a tad light on ranged anti-tank, but given your mobility options as XXth Legion, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

The one thing I always try to avoid is having a Death Star that expensive ... but yeah, it'll wreck face.

Yup, it's a nice list, alright.

Maybe a tad light on ranged anti-tank, but given your mobility options as XXth Legion, that shouldn't be much of a problem.

The one thing I always try to avoid is having a Death Star that expensive ... but yeah, it'll wreck face.

It really does eat everything. It’s my favorite list. Well balanced, adaptable, and quick.

Great Alpha Legion list, I like how you've made it flexible rather than an auto-infiltrate army like I often see. 

I've had mixed mileage out of Arcus, on paper they look brilliant but when I take them they get targeted and rarely remove their point value or perform well. The 36" is limiting. My guess is you need more than one if you expect them to deliver. 

I'd consider dropping the Arcus for one of the new decked out Deredeo's or even a standard Mortis with Las. This will also leave you with enough points to throw in a second speeder; either as a squadron or a separate unit.

You're number of infantry units is already overwhelming, having more small units such as speeders will really compliment this list. 

Either way, this is flavoursome and competitive. 

Great Alpha Legion list, I like how you've made it flexible rather than an auto-infiltrate army like I often see.

I've had mixed mileage out of Arcus, on paper they look brilliant but when I take them they get targeted and rarely remove their point value or perform well. The 36" is limiting. My guess is you need more than one if you expect them to deliver.

I'd consider dropping the Arcus for one of the new decked out Deredeo's or even a standard Mortis with Las. This will also leave you with enough points to throw in a second speeder; either as a squadron or a separate unit.

You're number of infantry units is already overwhelming, having more small units such as speeders will really compliment this list.

Either way, this is flavoursome and competitive.

Thanks for the input, honestly I have never had this specific Arcus fail to make more than its points back, from hiding behind cover and tanking all the shooting, I love when an opponent focuses on the Arcus and ignores the rest of the army moving into a great flanking position, that by itself has won me games. This specific Arcus is getting a reputation at my shop for being immortal with the insane amount of saves I have made due to night fighting or tucking it behind a low ruin.

I do like the new deredeos, and sometimes even swap this one with an anvilus deredeo, depending on if I feel I’ll need more points in exactly the scenario you described. This is my “template list”, the backup/backbone I use as a starting point.

Thanks for the input!

Edited by CajunJynx