Death Guard v. Raven Guard - any tips?

Vorenus

They are in the "death guard" codex and do not have the <death guard> keyword and break Battleforged if you take them in the detatchment, yes.

And we are getting strats, warlord traits and relics, like everyone else. Which we already have. So we have to not take ones we have now to take new ones. That's an opportunity cost, not a free bonus. I would rather not get any of those and lose the ability to summon and just get two mono bonuses like doctrines and super doctrines and make the legion trait army wide. 2.5x free passives > opportunity costs.

You can have up to 3 relics, and DG have veeeery few stratagems to use, so you rarely have CP shortage as Nurgle.

New stratagems and relics are going to be the goldmine -- a warlord trait that meaningfully competes with ArchContam would be fine, though.

I don't believe it! You're telling me we only profit!? The -horror-

I think part of the problem is you're playing against the new space marine dex with a really old dex. Remember Death Guard were like the 2nd or 3rd codex to release in 8th. Also, Raven Guard seem particularly suited to fight against Death Guard who relies a LOT on characters. It sounds like you are slowly getting better with using Death Guard. I would just keep going at it. Make Papa proud and keep spreading that disease.