Kill team annual

MoshJason

I could say so much about GWs publishing practices but I'll leave it at this.

Having seen the kill team rules I'm underwhelmed. No way to spec a more shooty kill team with only 2 gunners, and both the sacred rites and acts of faith are absent. Both seem like odd omissions, considering the AdMech get canticles in their basic rules, Guard get orders etc. The fan list is far better :\

Yeah... I was disappointed by the lack of AoF / Order Traits/ Rites. It occurs to me that there might be a WD article in the month that the full release drops, that puts more tools in our toolbox.

Also disappointed we didn't get a faction mission.

On the plus side, our Blackstone companions got Sororitas keywords; this was expected for Taddeus, Pious and Gotfret, but Janus Draik surprised me. Unfortunately, no update to Knosso.

Tried to make a Kill Team, but ended up with two: a penitent one and a holy one. The penitent team is likely to get smoked before they make it into combat, but they just look cool.

My Penitent team includes:

Repentia Superior Lvl 1      30 pts

Pious Vorne                        15 pts

Sisters Repentia x 2           26 pts

Arco-Endurant                    14 pts

Arcoflagellant                     13 pts

The Repentia Superior would take the optional bolt pistol, but that still leaves only 2 of 6 models with ranged capacity. In scenarios where I couldn't take a commander, I'd take Gotfret and drop the Endurant back down to a regular Flagellant so that I could take an extra Flagellant.

As for the holy / shooty kill team, still working on that one. It's harder because the Canoness leaves fewer points for the rest of the  team than the Repentia Superior. Also, we don't have regular Crusaders for Gotfret to lead.

I was gonna join a campaign with a Sister team now that there's finally rules, but frankly I'd just be in for a voluntary beating given how the rules (or lack thereof) turned out :(

As for shooty teams, a Sister Superior works for a shooty as well in addition to Gunners. Though too bad you can't take more than one, but at least one combi-Superior would work nicely. Of course if she's also your leader, actually being out there to shoot things is risky. Regardless, it's an odd limitation on upgradeable models on top of everything else. Last I checked you could spam enough special weapons for something like Guard that you'd pretty much remove Sisters from the table on turn two.

I'm playing my first game with sisters next week and my opponent told me what he's likely to bring (Guard with max Plasma) and I'm not really sure what to do against it. 

I'd say bring a bunch of heavy bolters but two isn't exactly impressive.

I'm going house rule it and add some retributors or dominions to the unit options - Scions and AdMech can both take double or triple (respectively) the number of special weapons that sisters can and they're fairly closely matched capability wise.

That said the arco flagellants will be fun if they get in to combat.

I'm playing my first game with sisters next week and my opponent told me what he's likely to bring (Guard with max Plasma) and I'm not really sure what to do against it. 

I'm going house rule it and add some retributors or dominions to the unit options - Scions and AdMech can both take double or triple (respectively) the number of special weapons that sisters can and they're fairly closely matched capability wise.

Can we even take Heavy Bolters? I heard we were limited to Storm Bolters and Flamers.

Arcos do seem like they'd rip through a guard list, but only if they can get there. I might paint up all three and try them out. 

Can we even take Heavy Bolters? I heard we were limited to Storm Bolters and Flamers.

Arcos do seem like they'd rip through a guard list, but only if they can get there. I might paint up all three and try them out. 

You have the option to take every heavy weapon except for multi-metlas, which is fine, but you only get the two gunners and sister superior.

I'm not sure why they excluded the multimelta to be honest, they're powerful sure but not more than plasma spam...

You have the option to take every heavy weapon except for multi-metlas, which is fine, but you only get the two gunners and sister superior.

I'm not sure why they excluded the multimelta to be honest, they're powerful sure but not more than plasma spam...

Okay. Looks like there was some bad info out there.

Yeah, I'd definitely have taken two multimeltas if they were an option. As is, I am thinking (and this is all metal, so less options available):

Sister Superior with Combi-Flamer

Heavy Flamer Gunner, Demo(?)

Stormbolter Sister, Medic

Regular Sister, Comms

Which is 44 pts, giving you another 6 Sisters at 100.

If we could take more than 2 gunners, the medic would be an old hospitallier model, but we need a comms to be able to boost our one stormbolter, and blessed bolts seems to be the only thing in our list that can take out Primaris before they mulch us.

Edit: sidenote, you can take Thaddeus, but he won't give you war hymns, as that still only effects Astra Militarum.

Edited by MoshJason