DC Intercessor build question

ServoBadger

I've only built the Intercessors in Dark Imperium before so this may be a stupid question, but...

One Intercessor can take a bolter, a bolt pistol AND a close combat weapon if I'm reading the data sheet right.

Can this actually be built without converting? I can't see how it's done using the Intercessor sprues and the BA upgrades?

Thanks.

Yeah it can. There's an arm where he's holding the Bolt rifle in a resting pose which is supposed to go with a pointing finger or such for the other arm but you could just give him a melee weapon for that arm. The pistol would be just holstered. Plenty of those bitz in the box.

It's not what I'd do though. Since everyone is equipped with Bolt rifles anyway I'd just leave it off in favour of a better pose.

Edited by sfPanzer

Shouldn't be a problem. However you could also just ask the TO beforehand. Or if you are really worried about WYSIWYG being this strict you could always just shave off the hands from a Bolt rifle and glue it to the hip or base of the model.

...I’ve never once encountered someone saying that a space marine cant use his bolt pistol since it wasn’t shown on the model. I personally try to have holstered bolt pistols on my dudes since I’ve grown to like the bling on them over the classic “naked” space marine look, but that’s me.

It definitely can’t hurt to check with the organizers, but WYSIWYG is meant to allow an opponent to look at your units and understand what they can do just by looking at them. Squad A of Intercessors has bolt rifles while Squad B of intercessors has stalker rifles. Tactical squad Alpha has plasma and Combi-plasma while Tac Squad Bravo has flamer Combi flamer and a power sword etc...

...yes but it’s a single model in the squad regardless of size. Classic DC all can take CQWs and/or special pistols and/or Bolters.

You have to wait for 9th Ed and new Codex with new Primaris models for that.  Then you can kiss your oldmarine Death Company figures goodbye.