Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are 40K flamers more destructive than modern flamethrowers?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Master Commander Ajax

Master Commander Ajax

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Black Castellans
Anything 40k is automatically ten times more outrageous than any modern equivalent!
  • Lord_Caerolion and bluntblade like this

They shall be my finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to me. Like clay I shall mould them, and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armour shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns will they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

Lord_Caerolion

Lord_Caerolion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,440 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Sobek

Not to mention covered in skulls.

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

"And then Horus landed on the Moon, which looked like the moon. Funny that, isn't it?"

You're hired.

Wulf Vengis

Wulf Vengis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 905 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
That's how you KNOW it's outrageously more effective than normal modern counterparts.

Getting mugged? No big deal.
The muggers gun has a skull bolted onto it? You're already doomed.
  • Lord_Caerolion likes this
The Lone Wolf Saga or The Lone Wolf Saga
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: Orlath83

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,784 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Modern flamethrowers eject a stream of ignited petroleum gel (i.e. napalm)

40K flamers eject a stream of ignited promethium gel (i.e. 40K "napalm")

Does the latter burn hotter than the former? To be effective against enemy Space Marines, I'm guessing that has to be the case?

Flamers can literally cremate people into ASH. Promethium makes IRL napalm jelly look like a fluffy bunny rabbit of incendiaries. I'd post pictures, but that'd get me banned, but to save you a google search napalm just makes people look like somebody forgot their chicken in the oven too long.

+Quod vult valde vult+

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,150 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
So, after all that's been posted, I guess the answer is a resounding yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users