Bloom Effects

I have been doing the usual wash effect with Citadel shades and wanted to move onto doing it with paint with my airbrush.

I have seen a few videos and have got some Vallejo names such as "Hexed Lichen" and "Imperial Blue" for the Purple and Blue respectively but I cannot seem to get a fixed colour for the orange part of the fade. Does anyone have the name of the colour they use for this part of the effect?

Thank you Firedrake, if there are only three of them that makes choosing a lot easier.  The video was using a golden colour instead of orange but didn't mention any of the orange colours you could swap it with.

I think the orange fire looks like it fits the best as the Heavy Orange is "Opaque" and I still want some of the under layers to show through.

If it was "golden" the other option would be Gold Yellow.  I think I'm right in saying the Game Colour range has 2 oranges and 3 yellows in it, so there's not much choice (thankfully, in this case!).

As you correctly say, the Extra Opaque Heavy Orange is thick and pretty opaque.

Are you talking about the bloom effect of a glowing light, or are you talking about the heat staining that happens on some metals subjected to high temperatures? The later is not called blooming, thermal bloom is an atmospheric effect.

Heat staining can use gold or a good brass/copper color as well to fake the effect, along with the purple and blue.

Our own Tibbs did a great discussion about how different the way miniature heat staining is painted versus the way it ctually occurs in the real world, if you want to take a gander: http://tibbsforge.com/heat-stained-metal/

Are you talking about the bloom effect of a glowing light, or are you talking about the heat staining that happens on some metals subjected to high temperatures? The later is not called blooming, thermal bloom is an atmospheric effect.

Heat staining can use gold or a good brass/copper color as well to fake the effect, along with the purple and blue.

Our of Tibbs did a great discussion about how different the way miniature heat staining is painted versus the way it ctually occurs in the real world, if you want to take a gander: http://tibbsforge.com/heat-stained-metal/

Why did one not read this earlier or think of it? Feel like stripping some assault cannons now...