NiftyVT's Blood Angels!

NiftyVT

Really nice work! How did you paint the hair? I dig your color choice, as I find a blond Mephiston looks somehow strange.

I actually painted the hair at the same time and with the same colors as his face! The difference is the face is layered up with Golden Flesh followed by a few other layers including some turquoise and blues mixed in. While the hair I stopped with the golden flesh and did a few extra layers of the golden flesh on the hair. All of the layers are super thin glazes and it took a bunch of passes.

Colors for the face: Vanilla White, Pink Flesh,Deep Red,Turquoise Blue, Golden Flesh,Prussian Blue. All from a mix of Scale75, Vallejo and Vallejo Artist.

• 2 weeks later...

So many men! Do they work in 30k and 40k?

For the most part yes. I just have to mix where they go squad/unit type wise. For example no squads of 10 plasma guns in 40k. . . unless your a primaris. :rolleyes:   

For the most part yes. I just have to mix where they go squad/unit type wise. For example no squads of 10 plasma guns in 40k. . . unless your a primaris. :rolleyes:   

I think you can get squads of 4 plasma+combi plasma in veteran squads - 2 of those might be a way to use them in 40k.

I think you can get squads of 4 plasma+combi plasma in veteran squads - 2 of those might be a way to use them in 40k.

Yeah, I have lots of options for vets (I have at least 10 of each special weapon and a large selection of different power weapons). . . but currently a big fat 0 storm shields lol

Great job on Mephiston! You've really managed to capture the darkness inside him with this heavily shaded face and dark burgundy robes. Well done! :smile.:

Thanks! I really do like the way he turned out. I need to suck it up and pull out all my latest BA and get a nice group shot. I do need to fill out my BA with some of the Primaris vehicles though. Currently have none except a single Redemptor dread. I want at least 2 Impulsors, 1 Repulsor and 2 Invictors. That should round out the armory nicely. But that will have to wait until after I finish up my Indomitus box. . .maybe 2 of them if I cant resist the made to order. :biggrin.:

My current batch of 30ish old marines is coming along nicely. All of the colors are blocked, black is highlighted and metals are done. Just need to run through painting all the eyes and highlighting the armor a little. Then its time for a gloss, transfers and enamels. 

Yep, I need some of those new Gladiator tanks! Fingers crossed for a BA variant with twin BUURRRRRTTT cannons!  

Edit! They just previewed the twin BUURRRTS!!

Edit2: Yeah, going to grab a Repulsor and some Impulsors if the shop I am picking up my Indomitus from has them in stock. :biggrin.:

Edited by NiftyVT

Well, the shop I got my Indomitus from didnt have any tanks in stock so no hovery goodness for me yet.

Anyways, I am building minis like mad (as I suspect many of you are) and trying to decide if I am going to paint the BA first or the Crons. Leaning toward BA right now. =)

Finished the airbrush work on my Indomitus marines plus 5 random plastic sniper scouts I found while rummaging lol. Started blocking in all the black today. They are well on their way to completion! I'll get some WIP pics up tomorrow.

Impressive! You have quite an endurence painting so many basic bodies that fast. I'm already stressed by the 10 assault intercessors :D

I saved a TON of time by being lazy and not putting transfers on the ground pounders. Only the assault marines got transfers. I figured that I wouldnt actually use the normal on foot guys all that often so why waste the transfers and time. But the assault marines are in every list so they got the extra attention.

That black banner looks awesome!

Alos nice addition of Fleash Eaters proto-mark on the Bladeguard.

Thanks! The BA Forgeworld transfers are awesome!

Everything is so shiny right now I had a hard time getting my phone to focus. :teehee: