NiftyVT's Blood Angels!

NiftyVT

I just bought the final two space hulk terminators (I was missing the librarian and the assault cannon), really glad to have the whole set. So far I’ve only painted the assault ones since I focused on getting my assault termies painted, but I’m looking forward to diving in with the regular dudes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, your models look amazing. Would it be possible for you to share the recipe for the librarian armor? Thanks.

Sorry I missed this. All with airbrush. Prime with Vallejo Surface Primer Ultramarine. Then zenathal with Magic Bue and edge highlight with your choice. Then I pin wash with my usual Dark Brown enamel just like the red guys.

Great works, love me some termies. The Eradicators look awesome with your dark red and that enchanted blue colour - Is that Teclis blue now?

Thanks! And if that 30k leak has any truth to it I would expect even more termies lol! and a bunch of beakies to walk along with them or jump pack around with them :whistling:

I think its just Vallejo Ultramarine primer, followed by Vallejo Air Ultramarine Blue followed by Vallejo Air Magic Blue. I missed the Ultramarine Blue step in my previous post.  I could have just as easily done the last 2 blues over black or any other dark purple/blue. I dont remember what base coat I started with. All via airbrush. Blue helmets are the same colors.

Ok, I need to finish those dreads! If I dont get a chance this week then I will next week because I took off work due to having leave thats going to disappear unless I use it. Hobby staycation! 

I should finish up the brush work on the dreads tomorrow and I want to get them glossed and ready for decals tomorrow too.

Edit: Decals drying! Next up is to seal them in with more gloss, sponge chip them to match and then oil wash! Might finish the dreads up tomorrow!

Edit 2 (The next day): Sealed the transfers down early this morning and I plan to oil wash them when I get home from adulting for a bit.

Edited by NiftyVT

BOOM! Dreads done. In the first picture the lighter red dread with the green base rim I decided to not repaint (only plastic box dread btw). This has a special place in my heart as I won a young bloods painting comp with it many moons ago (like when the plastic dread first came out!). All the metal box dreads I got at the tail end of 2nd edition or sometime during 3rd edition. One of them the paint was almost stripped just from use during play! :teehee: Bases are Dragon Forge Design and there is one old GW one in there too. They originally either didnt have a base or had one of those really old super flat round bases. In general they are of table top paint quality and once I sat down and started painting they didnt really take long to go from airbrushed to finished. 

First picture is the group shot including the accompanying ARMory. :whistling:

51265965102_7e97eced20_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

51265965097_558f242f9a_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

51265965092_ccc1827128_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

The Dreadnoughts are well-painted, detailed, and weathered. I applaud your efforts.

Thanks, the paint job is pretty straight forward and they came together faster than I thought. Next up are my 10 Sanguinary Guard . . .that have been assembled and unpainted since their initial release! I have already primed and sprayed them Vallejo Metal Color Airbrush Color copper and set them out on my desk.

• 2 weeks later...

Brush work is done on the Sang Guard. Only thing left is the enamel wash and bases!

Next up is this mash up of randoms. . . remember when Centurions came out? . . .Well, thats how long these 3 have been sitting on my shelf primed Army Painter Red. :whistling:  

The Destroyers should be quick. I just plan on picking out metal bits, doing a little sponge chipping and then a enamel wash to dirty them up a little. I might paint the eyes red if I feel like it. 

51291743542_85f25a3ce9_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

Just need to  fancy up the Sang Guard bases and they are done!   And while I had the textured basing paste out for the Sang Guard I did all the marines pictured above and about 10 other random marines that were on my shelf.

I am also 1/4 done blocking in the silver on the next batch. Those Mk2 destroyers. . .so. . .many. . .rivets! :ph34r.:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WIP shot of some more back log work. These have been sitting around primed since they were originally released. The landraider chassis is old but I threw on the flamers a few years ago. I have 3 landraiders and for some reason I had 2 crusaders built out so I changed one to the flamers because I never see myself playing with 2 of the same versions and the big flamers are just plain awesome.:biggrin.: These are going to get a little sponge weathering, like the box dreads, then a gloss followed by my usual enamel work. No decals, simple and quick to get them out of the backlog.

51577785693_20529a45ba_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

Interested to see how you tackle them! I think we have yet to see your vehicles of this size here (I know I'm omitting the battle-barge :P ) And your works are really eductional in terms of effort-to-outcome ratio. 

Interested to see how you tackle them! I think we have yet to see your vehicles of this size here (I know I'm omitting the battle-barge :tongue.: ) And your works are really eductional in terms of effort-to-outcome ratio. 

I finished a big tank over on my Mechanicum thread but other than that and my Knights I have ZERO fully painted BA tanks (I do have a Storm Raven thats complete). I havent painted my BA stuff because mainly I dont use it all that often so they have been half done for, in some cases, decades. :whistling:  But I do use my drop pods all the time but I havent even finished painting them either. :teehee: Speaking of drop pods I will probably do them, 3, next.

On the 3 tanks above: I finished up the sponging and they are over in the airbrush booth waiting on gloss. 

If anyone notice in my picture of the Redeemer raider that it was missing the flamers side armor panels. Well, I noticed too and I had absolutely no idea where they were and was basically just going to write them off as lost to time (and many house moves). Then I decided to rummage! After rummaging through all my unorganized plastic storage drawers (yep, not in the space marine specific bits boxes because it just can never be easy to find the one thing you are looking for) I found them! They were, of course, in two different drawers in two separate towers (they are those small 3 drawer plastic organizers and I have 6 of the 3 drawer towers in total). My rummage had then convinced me to spend another couple hours organizing all the things into themed drawers. Like a drawer just for spare bases, knight/ad mech stuff, space marine stuff, none GW mini bits/unbuilts, gaming aids (like templates and other doodads), tools I dont use that often (actually organized so I can find things when I do need to use the weird stuff. . .madness! :teehee:), transfers/similar (like those old Imperial guard antenna flag stickers), green stuff and sculpting things, basing materials, more often used paints (regularly used are on the desk in tiered racks), super less often used paints (Original goblin green anyone? Sunburst yellow? Snakebite Leather? There in there! :wub: ) and I was left with a handful of random things after I sorted everything out. In total I went from 14 or so junk drawers to 1. So much better. :biggrin.:

Once I gloss and enamel those side armor bits and get them glued on the Redeemer will be ready for the final matte coat.

Very nice grimy feel!

I'd say it lacks a bit of colour light here and there. What would you say for painting the various lenses bright green? I think it would make nice contrast with the dark grime

Edited by Majkhel