Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NiftyVT's Blood Angels!

Blood Angels blog

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

DistractionTacMarine

DistractionTacMarine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I just bought the final two space hulk terminators (I was missing the librarian and the assault cannon), really glad to have the whole set. So far I’ve only painted the assault ones since I focused on getting my assault termies painted, but I’m looking forward to diving in with the regular dudes
  • Xenith likes this

Feedbacker

Feedbacker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts

Hi, your models look amazing. Would it be possible for you to share the recipe for the librarian armor? Thanks.

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Hi, your models look amazing. Would it be possible for you to share the recipe for the librarian armor? Thanks.

Sorry I missed this. All with airbrush. Prime with Vallejo Surface Primer Ultramarine. Then zenathal with Magic Bue and edge highlight with your choice. Then I pin wash with my usual Dark Brown enamel just like the red guys.

jeremy1391

jeremy1391

++ LIBRITOR VALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,420 posts
  • Faction: Knights/imperial fists
Awesome plog!

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,144 posts

Great works, love me some termies. The Eradicators look awesome with your dark red and that enchanted blue colour - Is that Teclis blue now?

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Great works, love me some termies. The Eradicators look awesome with your dark red and that enchanted blue colour - Is that Teclis blue now?

Thanks! And if that 30k leak has any truth to it I would expect even more termies lol! and a bunch of beakies to walk along with them or jump pack around with them whistling.gif

I think its just Vallejo Ultramarine primer, followed by Vallejo Air Ultramarine Blue followed by Vallejo Air Magic Blue. I missed the Ultramarine Blue step in my previous post.  I could have just as easily done the last 2 blues over black or any other dark purple/blue. I dont remember what base coat I started with. All via airbrush. Blue helmets are the same colors.

Ok, I need to finish those dreads! If I dont get a chance this week then I will next week because I took off work due to having leave thats going to disappear unless I use it. Hobby staycation! 

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
I should finish up the brush work on the dreads tomorrow and I want to get them glossed and ready for decals tomorrow too.

Edit: Decals drying! Next up is to seal them in with more gloss, sponge chip them to match and then oil wash! Might finish the dreads up tomorrow!

Edit 2 (The next day): Sealed the transfers down early this morning and I plan to oil wash them when I get home from adulting for a bit.

Edited by NiftyVT, 22 June 2021 - 02:01 PM.

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

BOOM! Dreads done. In the first picture the lighter red dread with the green base rim I decided to not repaint (only plastic box dread btw). This has a special place in my heart as I won a young bloods painting comp with it many moons ago (like when the plastic dread first came out!). All the metal box dreads I got at the tail end of 2nd edition or sometime during 3rd edition. One of them the paint was almost stripped just from use during play! teehee.gif Bases are Dragon Forge Design and there is one old GW one in there too. They originally either didnt have a base or had one of those really old super flat round bases. In general they are of table top paint quality and once I sat down and started painting they didnt really take long to go from airbrushed to finished. 

First picture is the group shot including the accompanying ARMory. whistling.gif

51265965102_7e97eced20_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

51265965097_558f242f9a_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

51265965092_ccc1827128_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

• Bjorn Firewalker, Jolemai, cretacianborn and 2 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,497 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Dreadnoughts are well-painted, detailed, and weathered. I applaud your efforts.
  • NiftyVT likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

The Dreadnoughts are well-painted, detailed, and weathered. I applaud your efforts.

Thanks, the paint job is pretty straight forward and they came together faster than I thought. Next up are my 10 Sanguinary Guard . . .that have been assembled and unpainted since their initial release! I have already primed and sprayed them Vallejo Metal Color Airbrush Color copper and set them out on my desk.

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Brush work is done on the Sang Guard. Only thing left is the enamel wash and bases!

Next up is this mash up of randoms. . . remember when Centurions came out? . . .Well, thats how long these 3 have been sitting on my shelf primed Army Painter Red. whistling.gif  

The Destroyers should be quick. I just plan on picking out metal bits, doing a little sponge chipping and then a enamel wash to dirty them up a little. I might paint the eyes red if I feel like it. 

51291743542_85f25a3ce9_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

• Warhead01, Jolemai, Spyros and 1 other like this

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Just need to  fancy up the Sang Guard bases and they are done!   And while I had the textured basing paste out for the Sang Guard I did all the marines pictured above and about 10 other random marines that were on my shelf.

I am also 1/4 done blocking in the silver on the next batch. Those Mk2 destroyers. . .so. . .many. . .rivets! ph34r.png

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,346 posts

looking great!

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

10 Sang Guard complete! It was a long time coming for these guys but I finally got them done. Off to that next batch! 

51309283202_2f42d60aa1_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

• Leonaides, Bjorn Firewalker, Spyros and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,497 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Fine work on the Sanguinary Guard.
  • NiftyVT likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Fine work on the Sanguinary Guard.

Thanks! They were a true speed paint when I did the brush work and then I leaned hard on the enamel wash to do the heavy lifting.whistling.gif

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts
Almost done the brush work on the next batch!

NiftyVT

NiftyVT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 336 posts

Destroyers and Centurions plus random termi complete!

51395845934_45be3e2a9e_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

51395377493_e24061136c_c.jpgUntitled by nifty, on Flickr

• Leonaides, Spyros and Rhavien like this

Shovellovin

Shovellovin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 475 posts

Excellent work. I really like your reds. Looking forward to seeing more. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood Angels blog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users