Chaos knights and Iron Warriors

Cpt.Danjou

Ok so I am going to get me a knight, but I have problems with what colours it will have. The fluff behind it is that is a Dreadblade who has sworn servitude to the Iron Warriors millennia ago. Will Knights who have been part of an Chaos army start follow the colour scheme of the rest of the army, or do they keep some of their original colours. My knowledge of Knights is not the best. 

My plan for my army is to have three detachements in the future, One knight, one pure Iron warriors, and then my Nurglified Iron warriors with Death guard rules. I think the DG models are really cool and fun to paint. 

My IW will be the traditional colours, steel and and gold with chevrons as much as I can muster to do. My Dg are a bit more dirty, rusty and mutated,as you can see in the link I provided below. What are your thoughts on a Chaos knight, its own colours, traditional IW or the sort of rusty and worn look my Plague Marines have, with a hint of IW.

The knight will probably not have any rules for allegiance to any special god, do they have it? All the weapons will be magnetized  so I can switch them around.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357324-iron-warriors-with-a-flu/

Ok so I am going to get me a knight, but I have problems with what colours it will have. The fluff behind it is that is a Dreadblade who has sworn servitude to the Iron Warriors millennia ago. Will Knights who have been part of an Chaos army start follow the colour scheme of the rest of the army, or do they keep some of their original colours. My knowledge of Knights is not the best.

My plan for my army is to have three detachements in the future, One knight, one pure Iron warriors, and then my Nurglified Iron warriors with Death guard rules. I think the DG models are really cool and fun to paint.

My IW will be the traditional colours, steel and and gold with chevrons as much as I can muster to do. My Dg are a bit more dirty, rusty and mutated,as you can see in the link I provided below. What are your thoughts on a Chaos knight, its own colours, traditional IW or the sort of rusty and worn look my Plague Marines have, with a hint of IW.

The knight will probably not have any rules for allegiance to any special god, do they have it? All the weapons will be magnetized so I can switch them around.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357324-iron-warriors-with-a-flu/

With the Chaos Knight. They would be a bit more open, that you can do what you'd like.

For my own Chaos Knight that are part my own Iron Warriors. I went with a red colour scheme, but I would add the FW transfer to show then as been part of the IW. I would see them having that bit of respect from the IVth legion compared to say a Renegade Guard.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1808043.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1301374.jpg

Dan from the White Dwarf team done one as part of his IW for the tale of four gamer in 2017. It was in a Black colour scheme & using the FW Black Shield transfer for his Knight.

Chaos-Beard from Tabletop tactic original had his in the metallic scheme but has since then re-painted his to red.

Also it might be worth checking out the Mortis transfer, that could be his own marking?

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Legio-Mortis-Transfer-Sheet

As food for thought: a similar thing would be the Incarnadine from First Heretic. It was a Robot that was elevated to honourable member of the Word Bearers. It kept its Mechanicum Colors, but carried the symbol of the Serrated Suns Chapter on its head and scrolls at the shoulder. 

If you're looking for something more close to the fluff, look into House Perdaxia. They're a Vassal House of Legio Fureans and thus share their scheme. Fureans was an allied Legio of the IVth Legion.

I believe House Rajha also shares a similar scheme. They were present on Paramar battling alongside Legio Fureans and facing Loyalist Iron Warriors.

Edit: here, check this out

https://m.facebook.com/groups/594161178036821?view=permalink&id=649691102483828

Edited by DuskRaider

If you're looking for something more close to the fluff, look into House Perdaxia. They're a Vassal House of Legio Fureans and thus share their scheme. Fureans was an allied Legio of the IVth Legion.

I believe House Rajha also shares a similar scheme. They were present on Paramar battling alongside Legio Fureans and facing Loyalist Iron Warriors.

Regarding fluff, our codex talks about the Iron Warriors crashing onto a knight world and using scrapcode to subjugate some knights sent to remove them.

Regarding fluff, our codex talks about the Iron Warriors crashing onto a knight world and using scrapcode to subjugate some knights sent to remove them.

Yeah and the pilots are replaced with the chaos lord's lieutenants. So you could put Chaos Knights in IW legion colours with the pilot's personal heraldry. 

• 2 weeks later...