Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chaos knights and Iron Warriors

Chaos Knight Iron warriors

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Cpt.Danjou

Cpt.Danjou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Ok so I am going to get me a knight, but I have problems with what colours it will have. The fluff behind it is that is a Dreadblade who has sworn servitude to the Iron Warriors millennia ago. Will Knights who have been part of an Chaos army start follow the colour scheme of the rest of the army, or do they keep some of their original colours. My knowledge of Knights is not the best. 

My plan for my army is to have three detachements in the future, One knight, one pure Iron warriors, and then my Nurglified Iron warriors with Death guard rules. I think the DG models are really cool and fun to paint. 

My IW will be the traditional colours, steel and and gold with chevrons as much as I can muster to do. My Dg are a bit more dirty, rusty and mutated,as you can see in the link I provided below. What are your thoughts on a Chaos knight, its own colours, traditional IW or the sort of rusty and worn look my Plague Marines have, with a hint of IW.

The knight will probably not have any rules for allegiance to any special god, do they have it? All the weapons will be magnetized  so I can switch them around.

http://www.bolterand...ors-with-a-flu/

Iron-Daemon Forge

Iron-Daemon Forge

++PRODITOR VESANUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,160 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Ok so I am going to get me a knight, but I have problems with what colours it will have. The fluff behind it is that is a Dreadblade who has sworn servitude to the Iron Warriors millennia ago. Will Knights who have been part of an Chaos army start follow the colour scheme of the rest of the army, or do they keep some of their original colours. My knowledge of Knights is not the best. 

My plan for my army is to have three detachements in the future, One knight, one pure Iron warriors, and then my Nurglified Iron warriors with Death guard rules. I think the DG models are really cool and fun to paint. 

My IW will be the traditional colours, steel and and gold with chevrons as much as I can muster to do. My Dg are a bit more dirty, rusty and mutated,as you can see in the link I provided below. What are your thoughts on a Chaos knight, its own colours, traditional IW or the sort of rusty and worn look my Plague Marines have, with a hint of IW.

The knight will probably not have any rules for allegiance to any special god, do they have it? All the weapons will be magnetized  so I can switch them around.

http://www.bolterand...ors-with-a-flu/

With the Chaos Knight.  They would be a bit more open, that you can do what you'd like.

For my own Chaos Knight that are part my own Iron Warriors.  I went with a red colour scheme, but I would add the FW transfer to show then as been part of the IW.  I would see them having that bit of respect from the IVth legion compared to say a Renegade Guard.

med_gallery_13342_13449_1808043.jpg

med_gallery_13342_13449_1301374.jpg

Dan from the White Dwarf team done one as part of his IW for the tale of four gamer in 2017.  It was in a Black colour scheme & using the FW Black Shield transfer for his Knight.

Chaos-Beard from Tabletop tactic original had his in the metallic scheme but has since then re-painted his to red.

Also it might be worth checking out the Mortis transfer, that could be his own marking?

https://www.forgewor...-Transfer-Sheet

• Sagentus and Cpt.Danjou like this

"perhaps the Ruinous Powers favour you....?"

Iron-Daemon Forge Facebook page
Iron-Daemon Forge Instagram

gallery_48988_15465_7633.pnggallery_48988_15465_13373.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pnggallery_29004_9303_25996.jpggallery_29004_9303_6178.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_15808_10055.pnggallery_48988_15808_16184.png

IW 5th Grand Company record since 04: Games play 1090
White Dwarf August 2013 Army of the Month.
Now accepting Games Workshop commission, from painting to converting (UK/Europe only for the time being) PM me or send a email. Note - New web site coming soon.

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 859 posts
  • Faction: Stonebreakers
My renegade knight has its own colour scheme. However, I have tried to tie it to my Iron Warriors visually. I think such a compromise sounds like a good idea for your knight.

http://www.bolterand...89651-dsc04684/
  • Cpt.Danjou likes this

MasterDeath

MasterDeath

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 241 posts

As food for thought: a similar thing would be the Incarnadine from First Heretic. It was a Robot that was elevated to honourable member of the Word Bearers. It kept its Mechanicum Colors, but carried the symbol of the Serrated Suns Chapter on its head and scrolls at the shoulder. 

Cpt.Danjou

Cpt.Danjou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

Those knights are awesome, and the IW allegiance is clearly seen on both of them. Thank you for the advice and inspiration.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,544 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
If you're looking for something more close to the fluff, look into House Perdaxia. They're a Vassal House of Legio Fureans and thus share their scheme. Fureans was an allied Legio of the IVth Legion.

I believe House Rajha also shares a similar scheme. They were present on Paramar battling alongside Legio Fureans and facing Loyalist Iron Warriors.

Edit: here, check this out

https://m.facebook.c...649691102483828

Edited by DuskRaider, 10 December 2019 - 09:30 PM.

• Tipsy Techpriest likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Mallios

Mallios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 96 posts
  • Faction: CSM

If you're looking for something more close to the fluff, look into House Perdaxia. They're a Vassal House of Legio Fureans and thus share their scheme. Fureans was an allied Legio of the IVth Legion.

I believe House Rajha also shares a similar scheme. They were present on Paramar battling alongside Legio Fureans and facing Loyalist Iron Warriors.

Regarding fluff, our codex talks about the Iron Warriors crashing onto a knight world and using scrapcode to subjugate some knights sent to remove them.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,682 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Regarding fluff, our codex talks about the Iron Warriors crashing onto a knight world and using scrapcode to subjugate some knights sent to remove them.

Yeah and the pilots are replaced with the chaos lord's lieutenants. So you could put Chaos Knights in IW legion colours with the pilot's personal heraldry. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Cpt.Danjou

Cpt.Danjou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 106 posts

A start of my IW Knight.

gallery_118516_14862_137782.jpg

gallery_118516_14862_415645.jpg

• El_Dicko, Dr_Ruminahui and MegaVolt87 like this

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+