HH Dark Angels - new teaser series

Isual

Didn't like the look of them with the initial preview, but they look amazing in the RL pictures. They're knocking it out of the park with their DA-releases, not a single bad model so far. Our 30K Lion will be bloody amazing if the same dude sculpts him.

Edit: I keep forgetting about the bombard. So maybe not all the releases are amazing, but I'll forgive them for that one.

Simon Egan (who did many of the primarchs, Sanguinius for example) is the only primarch sculptor at FW these days, so it wouldn't be the same guy who did any of the DA stuff anyway.

As for the bombard, it isn't a DA-exclusive unit, so I wouldn't feel too upset there!

I wonder if us getting HH Lion will make GW delay bringing back Lion to 40k. Like they think people will only buy 1 of them ( which is a real possibility, as I want to own the Lion, but I don't need 2), so they space out how close they come out... by years probably. I hope not. I want 40k Lion so bad for my Dark Angels. And I don't think people would let me use HH Lion as some sort of Rouboute Guilliman Dark Angel Proxy lol

I wonder if us getting HH Lion will make GW delay bringing back Lion to 40k. Like they think people will only buy 1 of them ( which is a real possibility, as I want to own the Lion, but I don't need 2), so they space out how close they come out... by years probably. I hope not. I want 40k Lion so bad for my Dark Angels. And I don't think people would let me use HH Lion as some sort of Rouboute Guilliman Dark Angel Proxy lol

Hard to say. If I recall correctly from events, 30k Lion was almost ready to go as of early last year, so they're probably just holding off for a reveal of him. That's far sooner than any returning 40k Lion would be, so I'm sure it wouldn't affect anything in 40k, especially as GW plan stuff years in advance. Edited by Darkwrath121

Didn't like the look of them with the initial preview, but they look amazing in the RL pictures. They're knocking it out of the park with their DA-releases, not a single bad model so far. Our 30K Lion will be bloody amazing if the same dude sculpts him.

Edit: I keep forgetting about the bombard. So maybe not all the releases are amazing, but I'll forgive them for that one.

Simon Egan (who did many of the primarchs, Sanguinius for example) is the only primarch sculptor at FW these days, so it wouldn't be the same guy who did any of the DA stuff anyway.

As for the bombard, it isn't a DA-exclusive unit, so I wouldn't feel too upset there!

Good to know, it'll be a great model either way, I like Simon's work.

Hard to say. If I recall correctly from events, 30k Lion was almost ready to go as of early last year, so they're probably just holding off for a reveal of him. That's far sooner than any returning 40k Lion would be, so I'm sure it wouldn't affect anything in 40k, especially as GW plan stuff years in advance.

Fair enough. Although I will say I was/am getting my hopes up just a little bit that the rumors of 9th edition in the Summer are true and Lion is the loyal Primarch that launches with it. So if that did happen HH Lion and 40k Lion would likely be coming out in the same fiscal year.

Hard to say. If I recall correctly from events, 30k Lion was almost ready to go as of early last year, so they're probably just holding off for a reveal of him. That's far sooner than any returning 40k Lion would be, so I'm sure it wouldn't affect anything in 40k, especially as GW plan stuff years in advance.

Fair enough. Although I will say I was/am getting my hopes up just a little bit that the rumors of 9th edition in the Summer are true and Lion is the loyal Primarch that launches with it. So if that did happen HH Lion and 40k Lion would likely be coming out in the same fiscal year.

According to what i have heard here and there GW should put the storyline on hold for quite some time after Psychic Awakening.

So i doubt they move on with the Fallen plot and bring us the Lion right at the start of 9th edition (which is supposed to be more of a 8.5th edition).

What is the weapon on their left hand ? :huh.:

This is going to come off incredibly rude, but I'm guessing you skipped the article to look at the pictures?

Because the article flat-out says what it is:

The squad are all armed with a Terranic greatsword and a plasma-caster. The latter is a weapon that’s unique to the Dark Angels and is a smaller version of regular plasma weaponry, fitted into the vambrace to allow the Inner Circle Knights to fight unencumbered in combat.
Edited by Gederas

What is the weapon on their left hand ? :huh.:

This is going to come off incredibly rude, but I'm guessing you skipped the article to look at the pictures?

Because the article flat-out says what it is:

The squad are all armed with a Terranic greatsword and a plasma-caster. The latter is a weapon that’s unique to the Dark Angels and is a smaller version of regular plasma weaponry, fitted into the vambrace to allow the Inner Circle Knights to fight unencumbered in combat.

Yes i did skipped the article, thanks.

"(So want rules for 40k as well... Deffo counts as DWK right!?)"

That's what I'm doing. Mace of Absolution close enough to Terranic Greatsword! lol. Then I'm not sure if I'll magnetize a Deathwing Knight shield onto them, or just keep one seperate that I Blue Tack on for games.

Edited by Aztek

Yup, I'm with some of you; these are DW Knights just waiting to happen. Half my DWKs have swords too, now the maces will be in the minority.

A smidge busy atm with those big shoulder shields but a quick visit from the hobby knife and there are five more Cactusphracti.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz