Jet Bike Sounds

Aothaine

So.....does anyone else make sounds while playing matches?  

Jetbike SWOOSH followed by 12" move.

DAKKKA DAKKA DAKKA!  BOOOOOOM  CHAAAAAARGE STABBY STABBY STABBY!

I get a lot of weird looks during games.  Everytime I look back like; "What?  We're playing :cussing toy soldiers.  I embrace playtime."

No, clearly jetbikes go "NYOOM"

:D :lol:

I get a lot of weird looks during games.  Everytime I look back like; "What?  We're playing :cussing toy soldiers.  I embrace playtime."

Exactly. That's the proper way to look at it mate.

You good sir are a gentleman and a scholar, I tip my helm to you!

I think it depends on the race. I imagine both Aeldari and Drukhari to both be quite high pitched (but the latter having an unpleasant dissonance to it) whereas an Imperial vehicle might be deeper and more throaty (think jet engine with afterburner lit).

In seriousness: I imagine them sounding like (slightly) less deafeningly loud Cold War era turbojet engines (Rolls Royce Avon etc). Turbines just sound cool.

In not so seriousness: I'm working on a Slaaneshi jetbike lord (counts as jump-pack) and now I can't help but imagine it sounding a bit like...this.

Robin Williams apparently played Orcs and Eldar and was very entertaining.  I almost always make the sound of a marine dying in starcraft when I remove casualties.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPlAdbYA4ag  I also enjoy doing a terrible Ork Cockney accent during Blood Bowl.

I have a Bose BT speaker to play music during games and I have this sound ready to play for Adeptus Titanicus when making charges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzY099ihULs

Now with jetbikes I'd assume Eldar and Dark Eldar jetbikes would sound like Star Wars speeders but Custodes/30k jetbikes would have more a jet engine roar to me.