Green stuff textured bases

Hi, sorry not sure if this is the correct place to ask but I wondered if someone more knowledgeable could help me out.

I am basing my custodes and purchased a textured roller to use with green stuff. All gone well but I'm not used to working with it, so can I glue models to the green stuff bases, or do I need to pin them?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks

I suggest you do pin them, the advantages are the following:

• You get a stronger attachment compared to gluing the model onto the base that has been build and painted separately.
  • You can easily change the base of the model by gently bending the pins straight underneath the base and pull off the model with the pins.

I further suggest you pin models with 1 mm brass wire and drill the holes with 1 mm drill bit on pin vice (don't use Dremel, you'll have less control then). Then you mark out the pin points on the base ans drill the base after finish painting it, and then you push the model's pins through and bend the pins unde the base.

If you're going to use paperclips (and lots of us do) make sure you're using cheaper, heavier duty cutters for them.

They'll put nasty little notches in your good cutters.

Rik

If you have those orange and black clipers from army painter don't worry about it. I clip paperclips with them and no dmg. 

A follow up as I pin my models. If you didn't opt to bend the pins under the base you can add a drop off glue to any part of the pin that is sticking out on the underside. One more way to get a little bit of security. It's probably overkill but makes me feel better. :D