Undivided Renegade Knight - Petey returns to Chaos

PeteySödes

The armour is definitely turning out cool. I'd suggest trying to lose some of the chunkiness at the rear of the pauldrons (unless they're unfinished, in which case ignore me).

The more you do, the more you make it look Slaaneshi, lol. Mind you that's not a bad thing and I think the Cerastus design lends itself well to the more elegant design that the God of Excess is known for. I'd even say the black with purple fase to pinkish flames would look awesome.

I'm in love with this project, Petey!

Thanks everyone, happy it's interesting!

The armour is definitely turning out cool. I'd suggest trying to lose some of the chunkiness at the rear of the pauldrons (unless they're unfinished, in which case ignore me).

The more you do, the more you make it look Slaaneshi, lol. Mind you that's not a bad thing and I think the Cerastus design lends itself well to the more elegant design that the God of Excess is known for. I'd even say the black with purple fase to pinkish flames would look awesome.

I'm in love with this project, Petey!

Yea its still in progress but i always appreciate the opinions! As for the Slaaneshiness of it Im thinking the horror angle of paint will maybe soften that aspect. If not though no worries, i set out to do a thing and that thing keeps evolving as i go and explore so if thats where we end up so be it right? :D

Colorwise I'm thinking the dirty black with some wards in a deep deep red or maybe just a lighter base color for a subtle look, silver trim with some greens reflecting from the jungle floor. Face is the only thing i'm sure of being a porcelain with black eyes and some weathering/cracking. I want to keep the armor as dark as i can keep it visually interesting to make the face really pop being that its a good focus.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got some non-test painting in!

Starting with the cockpit so i can assemble the torso properly! It's difficult to get the tone right, I want it to be grim and moody but not boring. I think i'm hitting the tones though, trying to get a lot of the mood with the cockpit being kind of scummy and detailed but washed out enough that it wont distract from her. Likewise, making sure her colors pop enough to be interesting but not ruin the atmosphere by making her too vibrant. I think using some pigments etc once the paintjob is done will settle it down in a nice space.

If i can get her done this weekend ill be super happy, I think its doable.

gallery_2327_16015_277963.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_426852.jpg

Yes Petey! This is absolutely amazing. It's stuff like this that I come to Bolter & Chainsword for!

That blank face is a fantastic stylistic choice. So creepy and dispassionate.

Really dig the mirror of the knight head and the pilots head. The cabling is fantastically well done on both.

Hah I did it and actually followed through with a short term goal :P

Pretty happy how this turned out, been juggling so many aspects on this thing i was a needed win to finish something. Now the question is, how many people will actually look in the throne when its done...

:sweat:

gallery_2327_16015_175373.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_276243.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_1134385.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_394826.jpg

Wowza, if the rest of the knight is going to be as well painted as the pilot, you're going to have an amazing model. She looks amazing and really has some awesome details that I didn't fully appreciate before it was painted up. I am really impressed by how alive she looks for a sitting model, nice contrast with the cockpit machinery.

Thanks everyone! I think I want to continue painting some while I’m in the mood vs continuing in the armor pieces for the time being. I think the base and legs would be good next, though I haven’t quite figured out a tabard/hanging flag bit as is “traditional”.

Base is going! Finished a few modeling details and started to paint! Basically needed to clean up the edges of the base to get that "plinth" look in order to facilitate some probable truly stupid display for later. ;)

gallery_2327_16015_76153.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_289988.jpg

So thats just a prime with a zenithal grey to use as a guide (which i promptly ruined because i wanted so weirder colors haha who cares it'll look good right?) I'm particularly happy how it looked on the smaller details i experimented with like the fracturing wood:

gallery_2327_16015_428901.jpg

You never know how it'll look until you prime when you're using like 7 different colored materials and mediums haha.

And finally with a bit of paint! The fig looks like butts with just a sloppy basecoat but the idea is to glaze it with several colors and eventually heavily texture it. The stonework will get a final zenithal highlight and drybrush and will glaze the bricks randomly as well for some variance. Im pretty excited, i love doing terrain and diorama work and its been since last Adepticon since i was able to do it.

gallery_2327_16015_1241953.jpg

So far so good though and so much fun stuff to do yet!

I've been meaning to respond to this for a little while... great work on the pilot, brother! Although she kinda reminds me of Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers, lol.

I'm quite excited to see what you do with the Knight proper. Now that I'm tackling a Cerastus myself I see what a pain in it with the interior and whatnot, I'm not thrilled with having to completely assemble the model post-paint. I look forward to more updates!

Hah you’re not the first to say that and I was honestly completely blind to it when I was making her. Not that the comparison bugs me but now that I see it I think it’s mostly that front angle with the combo of the expression and the robe color. With the cockpit assembled the angles prevent a lot of it and it’s not as obvious haha. Edited by PeteySödes