Undivided Renegade Knight - Petey returns to Chaos

PeteySödes

Here's where i ended up:

gallery_2327_16015_565816.jpg

gallery_2327_16015_946444.jpg

Been working on a bunch of the less glamorous bits not worth photos yet too but thats the face so far. I think im going to leave it for the moment and see what the top carapace does to it as well as finishing the surrounding area. Thanks for the feedback so far!

The tears could possibly be made to look a bit more "fresh"/liquid'y/gloss. It looks like dried tears as is.

Yea I do think i want it more staining and just creepy. I'm liking how its actually sort of ambiguous as to whether is living(dead) flesh or some inorganic material. Either way though gloss anything will have to go last because ill have to finish it with some type of varnish.

I do love the notes though, so keep em coming. At this point i'm really butterflying around the various parts to make sure they come together right so I'll be coming back to it. :)

Ooooo... I like that armour scheme! Very nice greyish Chinadoll white. I would recommend doing a bit more with the black oozing from the eyes, right now it looks like some scene chick with her mascara running. Add some brown or tan for an oil look, or perhaps even a little blackened blood. I do echo attempting a crackle effect on the faceplate as well, like a broken doll.

This is turning out great, Petey.

Hey nothing wrong with spikes and arrows, I just wanted to see if I could do it!

Yea like I said I’ll very very likely be adding more. I’m hoping to get the torso and surrounding area mostly done this weekend and can see where it lands. Easier to add than remove in most cases!

• 1 month later...
Those EYES!!! With the tears/ruined mascara makeup/bio mechanical weeping feel and glossy glassy orbs; gives me a real Geiger vibe. Soooo cool for one focal piece of many on this awesome centerpiece of a model. Will she be armed with the typical lancer and shield type armament for her class? Edited by Yosef Hausakluif

Those EYES!!! With the tears/ruined mascara makeup/bio mechanical weeping feel and glossy glassy orbs; gives me a real Geiger vibe. Soooo cool for one focal piece of many on this awesome centerpiece of a model. Will she be armed with the typical lancer and shield type armament for her class?

Thanks! Castigator class actually. The warblade hasn't gotten much work since it last appeared here but the bolt cannon is progressing and likely will be in my next update!

Stunning! And I can’t get over that porcelain mask like face. The runes also look great across the armor plating. You are doing those freehanded?

I am yea! I’m using oils and it’s a really great way to do it since I can let it set a bit then go over and clean it up with thinner etc. I’ve been pretty happy though so far with my circles though, I was pretty stressed to do those freehand haha.

It’s been hard to simulate the messy blood look while avoiding it being sloppy. I’m still adding other colors on there too. So far it’s a dark rust red oil, cleaned up (and sometimes messed up purposely) with thinner, then I’ve gone over a bunch of spots with blood for the blood god and VGC dried blood, it looks pretty layered like they had to refresh the runes in places and I’m digging it.