Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1350 for a holidays tournament

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Dawn (DA Successors)

Hey everyone.

So, on the 21st there will be a local tournament. Nothing fancy. Lots of very non competitive people, some competitive players, and couple of "that guys" with so many eldar/dark eldar planes that you'd think they would much rather be playing gothic or star wars armada or something.

The lists have to be at 1350, with all dataslates aside from troops limited to a maximum of 1. Also, the list has to have one batallion, and a has a max of 2 detachments.

Considering what I have in terms of models at the moment (which I actually got in a picture today! during some free time at the appartment. Here is a picture!)

Hidden Content

this is what I have in mind.

Batallion Detachment

Vanguard Detachment

1349 pts, 9cp

HQs

Azrael

Master with Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, Storm Bolter (Warlord, Master of Maneuver)

Lieutenant with Jump Pack, Heavenfall Blade, Plasma Pistol

TROOPS

10 Tacticals, Combi Plasma & Chainsword, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon

ELITES

Apothecary

Company Ancient with Chainsword

5 Deathwing Terminators, Assault Cannon

HEAVY SUPPORT

10 Devastators, Heavy Bolter, 3x Missile Launcher, Armorium Cherub

My idea is simple.

Split the tactical squads, putting all the plasma on one side, bolters on the other. Park the 3 triple plasma combat squads in the center, and screen the area with the other tacticals, which can also act as objetive grabers in a group. Put the plasma side around Azrael, the Ancient and the Apothecary. The idea is for them to move firing overcharged plasma, with the 4++ to help them survive, the Ancient to give them an extra shot when they die, and the Apothecary to hopefully bring back some of them after they blow up/get shot.

The Devastators go up a hill or building as fire support. They birng some flakk missiles and helfire shells for mortal wounds, and some anti tank firepower since the list is kinda lacking in that otherwise. THe cherub is there for a cheap extra wound, as I expect this squad to get fired at a lot.

Then, I have the Terminators. They go with both jump pack characters. The master takes the warlord trait, so as to help them and the lieutenant make their charges. They also help the termiantors make their shots (specially the assault cannon), so as to get some more efficiency out of deathwing assault (since it is expensive). Once in melee, the two characters should crush whatever I throw them at, with the synergy of their rerrolls, and the strength of their weapons. And they are not tied down to the place they fall in, like the terminators.

"Fiat lux!"
- Battle cry of the Wings of Dawn, a Dark Angel's Successor Chapter

gallery_26154_15777_630.png

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
Came up with an alternative list I might be able to put together by the due date.

Just a Batallion. Still, 1350 pts, and with 9cp

HQs

Azrael (Warlord (Brilliant Strategist))
Master in Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer, Bolt Pistol
Lieutenant in Jump Pack, Heavenfall Blade, Plasma Pistol
Lieutenant, Chainsword, Bolt Pistol

TROOPS
5 Tacticals, Combi Plasma, Plasma Gun

ELITES
Company Ancient, Chainsword
Deathwing Terminator Squad

FAST ATTACK
5 Ravenwing Bikers, Combi Melta, 2x Melta Guns, Attack Bike with Multi Melta
Ravenwing Darkshroud with Heavy Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT
5 Devastators, 3x Plasma Cannons

The idea is to pair all th infantry together for a large plasma group, under the rerrolls, 4++ and final shot aura abilities of the characters.

Then, down the side, I drive down the bike squad, covered by the shroud, and bolstered by the jump pack characters. You have them going at 20", with a 4++, still firing and with double rerrolls.

When they approach melee, I drop down the Deathwing Terminators, firing off with the boosted attacks by the character's auras.
"Fiat lux!"

Fierce Bear

Fierce Bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 159 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
How did you get on Berzul?

Did the Az, Tact mobile Plasma Castle perform?

And you Ravenwing, were they effective?

It's going to be interesting once we get the doctrines next month, this Plasma Tacticals might be better still...

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
Sorry to say, the event was cancelled last minute due to personal reasons by the TO.

I'm sorry I failed to come back here and mention it. The event is being rescheduled for january. I hope I don't miss it, though. It might land on a date when I won't be available due to my wife's vacation (we are going away for two weeks to visit some national parks here in our country).

I DO expect this list to perform, though. I've had good fortune as of late with my plasma--, not enough to call it a CASTLE. Lets say, plasma keep?
"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

Ok, so the tournament is back up, it seems. Last week of january, or so they say over at my community.

In any case, that might just mean I get to use the PA4 rules on my list. Whether that is the case or not, here is the case or not, I think the list I'll play will be this one:

1350 Points, with 9 Command Points

One Battalion Detachment

One Vanguard Detachment

HQs
Master in Jump Pack, with a Thunder Hammer and a Storm Bolter (Brilliant Strategist)
Lieutenant in Jump Pack, with the Heavenfall Blade and a Plasma Pistol
Chaplain, with a Bolt Pistol (Litany of Hate, Stoic Prosecution, Recitation of Focus)

TROOPS
5-man Tactical Squad, with a Combi Plasma and a Chainsword, and a Plasma Gun

ELITES
Company Ancient, with a Chainsword
5-man Deathwing Terminator Squad, with an Assault Cannon

Dreadnought, with a Close Combat Weapon with an underslung Storm Bolter, and a Twin Lascannon

FAST ATTACK
5-man Ravenwing Biker Squad, with a Combi Melta, two Meltaguns, and Chainswords,

>> Joined by an Attack Bike with a Multi Melta
Ravenwing Darkshroud, with a Heavy Bolter

HEAVY SUPPORT
5-man Devastator Squad, with a Heavy Bolter, and a Missile Launcher

It follows a tried and true principle of my lists, which is to form up a small "keep" of plasma with the tactical squads, and press the advance with the bikes. So, 15 marines carrying 6 plasma guns go together, with the Dreadnought for added close combat and anti tank weaponry (and eventually for Wisdom of the Ancients), and an Ancient so I can fight even as I get shot down (and I will, as this small group is vulnerable and poses a severe threat at 30"/15", now). They get led by a Chaplain, so I can use Stoic Prosecution as I reposition my units, and Recitation of Focus on the Dreadnought when I am standing still.

The Devastators take the high ground, as a small and unassuming group. Not much of a threat all in all, once my CPs run out, but a good source of mortal wounds while I manage to keep them stocked with helfire shells and flakk missiles. If they get blown away, though, it's not that big of a loss, and they could serve to distract my opponent, even. Being in cover and at 54" of range of the missile launcher, might just make someone waste shots at them as my other units advance.

And, in terms of advancing, the (kind-of) ravenwing attack squadron I bring is where the hurt is at. I'm betting big on them, with as much bodies as I can bring, the -1 to be hit, and two characters to buff them as they go around the board. The idea being to try and get some dual reroll meltas with extended range, into position, as soon as possible; before dropping the Deathwing right in my opponent's face, for that 6" charge with the master and lieutenant added for greater effect.

"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
Ok, the event has been set for February the 8th, in the end.

I have a chance to try the list, tomorrow, versus some other Astartes.

I might try trading out the Company Ancient, the Terminators, and some storm bolter here or there, to put in a DW Ancient with the FnP banner and a wl trait, and some 5 dw knights, just to try em out.
"Fiat lux!"

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts
I tend to take a Librarian with the Deathwing Knights for righteous repugnance normally it's Ezekiel coz he can choose 3 and with 2+ 4++ he looks after himself his ws & BS are 2+

In smaller point games he's quite survivable wandering round without a bodyguard especially if you've DWK'S dropping in, the 2+ then in cover makes a huge difference.

Anyways try it instead of the chaplain in your test games

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
I like Ezekiel, but I am unsure of how to use this with this list. I feel that he will lack mobility.

At the same time, Aversion is always nice to have. Might see about how to fit a Librarian.
"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
How is this?

Master in Jump Pack, with Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolter (Brilliant Strategist)
Lieutenant in Jump Pack, with Heavenfall Blade and Bolt Pistol
Librarian in Terminator Armor, with Force Stave (Smite, Mind Worm, Aversion)

5-man Tactical Squad, with Chainsword and Combi Plasma, and a Plasma Gun

Company Ancient with a Chainsword
Deathwing Ancient with the FnP 5+ banner (-1 CP)
5-man Deathwing Knights Squad
Dreadnought, with a Missile Launcher and a Twin Lascannon

That is 1350 points, with 9cp (down to 8 due to the extra relic)
"Fiat lux!"

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts
I tend to run Ezekiel around a bit anyways terminator libby is a flexible choice coming down with the knights, I've been trying out a phobos librarian recently and have found the -1 to hit him relic useful if you don't fancy that then your master has a storm bolter which you can replace with a relic or give him the -1.

I've occasionally used the target characters warlord trait with it but if your list is set then brilliant strategist is solid the character one is best used against guard, you can get 2 warlord traits now and the Librarian is Deathwing any of them any use?

Of the 6 powers I've kind of settled on Righteous repugnance, Aversion or Mind wipe but my main opponents normally have something big and nasty that even the possibility of getting it double nerfed would have a big impact.

On another note does anyone ever bother to take Trepidation, engulfing fear its like having a psychic table with only 4 entries.

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

I tend to run Ezekiel around a bit anyways terminator libby is a flexible choice coming down with the knights, I've been trying out a phobos librarian recently and have found the -1 to hit him relic useful if you don't fancy that then your master has a storm bolter which you can replace with a relic or give him the -1.

I've occasionally used the target characters warlord trait with it but if your list is set then brilliant strategist is solid the character one is best used against guard, you can get 2 warlord traits now and the Librarian is Deathwing any of them any use?

Of the 6 powers I've kind of settled on Righteous repugnance, Aversion or Mind wipe but my main opponents normally have something big and nasty that even the possibility of getting it double nerfed would have a big impact.

On another note does anyone ever bother to take Trepidation, engulfing fear its like having a psychic table with only 4 entries.

Well, I am still not entirely familiar with all the new rules, so I am not sure how to go about it. I picked Brilliant Strategist since the Master will start on the board to aid the bikes before tje Deathwing arrive, and the list consumes plenty of CP.

As for the powers, I habe never used them. We indeed seem to have a 4-powers list, for all intents and purposes.
"Fiat lux!"

SnakeChisler

SnakeChisler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,944 posts

Aversion is the number one power

Righteous repugnance gives you re-roll to hit and wound useful if you have Deathwing Knights or ravenwing Knights casting level is a bit high

Mind wipe I take if there is big stuff such as an Imperial Knight its difficult to cast and get off but against big stuff the threat of a permanent Nerf tends to make your opponent careful with movement

Relic wise I'd probably pay for a relic on your warlord for the -1 to hit

the -1 stacks with aversion 

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
Yeah.

I am wondering if I would not be better served with bringing regular terminators over knights to this.

With Tactical Doctrines being available now, having 40 shots on the deepstrike, all of S4 at AP-1, sounds pretty good. Soecially as I plan on bringing them all along my Master nd Leiutenant.

With 6 bikers and 5 terminators, I could dish out a potential 64 shots in the second turn, at 24 inches from mid-field, rerolling 1s to hit and wound. Mathhammer tells me that, against MEQs (like the Chaos Space Marines of Slaneesh that I am facing tonight), it should add to about 15 dead models. That goes up to 38 ahainst GEQs.

That is a whole bunch of noise marines and cultists dead, before I charge in.
"Fiat lux!"

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Yeah.

I am wondering if I would not be better served with bringing regular terminators over knights to this.

With Tactical Doctrines being available now, having 40 shots on the deepstrike, all of S4 at AP-1, sounds pretty good. Soecially as I plan on bringing them all along my Master nd Leiutenant.

I wouldn't run regular Terminators without some defensive support like Azrael (or Ancient after PA4 released).

Sure you dish 40 shoots for -2CP at Turn 2, but after that you're only doing 20 shoots if the squad was not targeted by the opponent (with a 5++ you're asking for troubles).

signature.jpg
Dark Angels = Painting Thread /// Gaming Thread

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

Yeah.

I wouldn't run regular Terminators without some defensive support like Azrael (or Ancient after PA4 released).

Sure you dish 40 shoots for -2CP at Turn 2, but after that you're only doing 20 shoots if the squad was not targeted by the opponent (with a 5++ you're asking for troubles).

The idea is indeed to drop them with the Ancient for the 5+++

I plan on running a 5-man bike squad, with meltas, and a multi melta attack bike, under a Darkshroud, with a Smash Master and a Jump Pack Lieutenant. Use them as a forward offensive force. If I go with DWKs, I'd try and get them into the fray with Combined Assault, if not, I'd drop them farther back for Deathwing Assault. In either case, I'd throw an Ancient there with the Pennance of Rememberance.

... If I decide to go DWKs, I'd maybe give the Ancient a warlord trait as well, to join in. Perhaps Master of Maneuver, to then manage to assist the knights in moving after combat, while the bikes and jump characters turbo boost away.

"Fiat lux!"

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

Yeah.

The idea is indeed to drop them with the Ancient for the 5+++

I plan on running a 5-man bike squad, with meltas, and a multi melta attack bike, under a Darkshroud, with a Smash Master and a Jump Pack Lieutenant. Use them as a forward offensive force. If I go with DWKs, I'd try and get them into the fray with Combined Assault, if not, I'd drop them farther back for Deathwing Assault. In either case, I'd throw an Ancient there with the Pennance of Rememberance.

... If I decide to go DWKs, I'd maybe give the Ancient a warlord trait as well, to join in. Perhaps Master of Maneuver, to then manage to assist the knights in moving after combat, while the bikes and jump characters turbo boost away.

I didn't saw you were fielding the Ancient, fair enough.

I'm sure you have noticed by now that i'm not quite fond of fielding the Ancient along Terminators using Combined Assault : the Ancient will have very poor odds of doing his 9'' charge on his own (with Master of Maneuver reroll it's a 50% chance) so you'll probably have to put a Knight or two outside of the Combat to still be inside the Ancient bubbles. But if you're feeling lucky by all means go for it :)

Looking forward your feedback about meltas, with our improved range they could be tasty.

signature.jpg

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

In a 5-man squad, the line you have to keep to make the charge work makes it inefficient. Still, you could drop the knights outside of 6", the ancient outside of 9", and the aura for master of maneuver will get them. Then, when the charge goes off, just make sure to keep one knight within 6" of the Ancient.

If we assume the ancient will be at beyond 9", you need to leave one Knight beyond 3" of the enemy to maintain the aura of the Ancient. Now, given the size of the bases for a Terminator, i do think you could get all 5 in, by having the straggler fight from the second rank of the unit. Keep one knight within 1" from the enemy, then one knight within 1" of that knight, and I think (not sure) that you will still be within 6" of the ancient.

So, if the ancient gets HIS charge in, all is good. If not, you are still in the aura, and that still means 21 attacks on the charge with a 5-man squad.

I might be wrong though. I'd need to draw out the battle map for the situation of it.

"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
Did the math.

A 40mm TDA base is 1.57 inches.

So, one terminator makes it to 1 inch lf the enemy. His base ads 1.57 inches. Next terminator stands 1 inch appart from the first, and his base adds another 1.57 inches. Then its 6 inches on the aura.

1 + 1.57 + 1 + 1.57 + 6 = 11.04 inches from the enemy.

So when you land the ancient outside of 9, he has the ability to reacb the 5-man squad, and with all of them hitting.
"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

Well, my friend got food poisoning, so the game got cancelled last minute.

I have a chance to try my list against Tyranids in wednesday. Let's see how THAT plays out.

At the same time, I saw rhe Emperor's Children list my friend was bringing, and it included both a 20 man blob of Noise Marines and a 10 man squad of Terminators, all with combi plasmas.

I have been struggling with how to fend them off with my current list.

Best I can figure is that, noise marines are too low S to be that much of a problem, but the combi plasma thing is quite deadly. My bikes could probably withstand some of it with their jink saves and T5 and the -1 to be hit from the Darkshroud, but you are still looking at around 40 shots of plasma with Endless Cacophony. Meanwhile my tactical squads are vulnerable, but since it's three squads he would have to really split his fire.

I am thinking that the bikes could try and withstand the barrage of plasma with jink, dark shroud, and maybe even transhuman physiology. S that they can only be wounded on a 4+, and then roll their 4++ saves.  For the infantry side, maybe I can find a way of including Azrael for his 4++ aura save? With that, and again, using Transhuman physiology, I could mabe try and tank the barrage of shots with 4+ to be wounded, and the aura 4++ saves, and if I do get killed, the Ancient comes into effect and maybe I can reduce the number of terminators a bit for the second barrage of shots.

In any case, that is a big unit that can definetly wreck my army in one go.

Edited by Berzul, 21 January 2020 - 03:48 PM.

"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
I played the list against Tyranids, and I got my @$$ handed to me in bits and pieces.

Mostly due to seriously bad deployment, awfull rolls, and disaaterous positioning of the army across the battle.

A complete mess... Ill have to try again, to see how the list behaves when better managed.
"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

So, I've been wrecking my head all day trying to figure out how to improve my list with my current range of models.

So far I can tell that my list lacks more firepower in order to actually cause some good damage turn one, and can be overrun way too easily. This means that, even if I take first turn, I get knocked down too hard, after not being able to clear enough of the enemy to make a good dent in their damage output once they have a chance to counterattack.

I've considered changing my list into something like this:

1) Taking my 5-man + AA melta bikers, but without the Darkshroud. Just the bikes, with the Jump Master and the Jump Lt. This guys make a good team on their own, and boosting the rolls of the bikes is essential, since their damage output for both chaff and monsters/vehicles is good, but their rate of fire against the latter is very low. In lieu of the -1 aura to be hit, I could instead just try to better maneuver the bikes through cover, to try and get them safely into position.

2) Removing my plasma tacticals. I love them, but they underperform when facing such competitive opponents of late. I'll bring them out for casual games. Instead, I can grab my plasma guys, play them as veterans, and place 5 of them into a Drop Pod. With a range of 30" on the first turn when they drop, and by being able to spend 1CP to make them fire as if they had stood still, i could drop them turn 1 and fire 10 plasma shots at 15" with reroll 1s, at 3D per shot with WotDA.

3) Taking 4 teams of 5 tacticals with just bolters. Nothing more. Use them to cover the objectives, while spreading out throughout my deployment. The list I plan does not really have anything I would need to "cover" from assaulting armies, but I still need some bodies on the ground to grab objectives, and these guys will either distract from attacking something else, or survive to get me scoring points. Either way, it's a good use for them.

4) Taking a Whirlwind to better help me with objective holders in the enemy lines that are harder to reach. With a range of 78" and an AP of -1 in turn one, the 2D6 S6 shots of the whirlwind could come very much in handy. Also, I can place it literally on the corner of the table, and if my opponent wants to go after it, the trip back will be long enough to keep me safe for a while.

5) Reform my use of the terminators. Instead of playing them for deepstrike, playing them on the board at max survivability, to act as a pressing unit. I'm thinking of taking my 5 DWKs, adding the Ancient with the FnP¨5+ aura and Master of Maneuver, as well as Ezekiel and an Apothecary. Then placing them all pretty much front and center. The idea being that its a 5 man squad with 2+/3++/5+++ saves, that heals each turn, hits 21 times on the charge, can be boosted with righteous repugnance, and is guarded from smites by 2 denials a turn. All while being able to reroll the advances and the charges. So, the unit starts right up and close to the enemy, center of the board, and marches forward non stop. My opponent has to either move around the unit (losing control of the center of the board), engage with it, or try and blast it off the table. No matter what he does, it is a thorn that throws a wrench into whatever he may have planned.

With this I'd then put 20 tacticals on objectives, a whirlwind on the corner, and the knight formation front and center, with bikes hidden and ready to maneuver for a turn 2 or turn 3 strike. Turn one happens and I press him with the knights, while I start clearing the most unreachable objective with the Whirlwind. Plasma Bomb comes in and fires, and then gets supported by the bikes on turn 2 or 3.

The list itself would look like this:

1300 points (I have 50 left that I don't know what to use for)

9 CP

Battalion Detachment + Vanguard Detachment

Ezekiel (Aversion, Righteous Repugnance, Mind Wipe)

Master in Jump Pack, with Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolter

Lieutenant in Jump Pack, with Power Sword and Plasma Pistol (could turn the sword into the Heavenfall Blade)

5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Deathwing Knights Squad

Deathwing Ancient (Master of Maneuver), with the Pennant of Rememberance

5-man Company Veteran's Squad, with Chainswords and Combi Plasmas

> In a Drop Pod

5-man Ravenwing Bike Squad, with Chainswords, a Combi Melta, and two Meltaguns

> Plus an Attack Bike with a Multi Melta

Whirlwind, with Castellan Missiles

Edited by Berzul, 23 January 2020 - 03:05 PM.

"Fiat lux!"

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts
Damn it... So, the TO just published the tournament rules for list making.

1) It has to be 100% WYSIWYG. If not, you cannot participate.
2) The army has to be fully painted. If not, your opponent gets one free command reroll per phase, each turn (his, and yours).
3) (And it seems) PA 4 is not to be considered in effect.
4) No legends
5) No forgeworld

This throws a big wrench into my plans, and my backup plans, so I'm gonna have to

1) Take out the knights and the DW ancient
2) Take out one of the veterans, and the chainsword on one of the others

... The list, in order tp be WYSIWYG and fully painted, is now this.

+++ 1349 pts / 9cp +++

Company Master in Jump Pack, with a Thunder Hammer and Storm Bolter (Brilliant Strategist)
Lieutenant in Jump Pack, with Heavenfall Blade and Bolt Pistol
Librarian in TDA, with Force Stave (Aversion, Righteous Repugnance)

5-man Tactical Squad
5-man Tactical Squad
5-man Tactical Squad
5-man Tactical Squad

5-man Deathwing Terminators Squad, with Assault Cannon, and a Chainfist
4-man Company Veterans Squad, with three Chainswords, three Combi Plasmas, and a Plasma Gun
>> inside of a Drop Pod with a Storm Bolter as a dedicated transport
Venerable Dreadnought, with Missile Launcher and a Twin Lascannon

5-man Ravenwing Bike Squad, with bolt pistols, a Combi Melta, and two Meltaguns
>> added an Attack Bike with a Multi Melta

Whirlwind, with Castellan Missiles

+++ +++ +++

I guess I'll use the 20 tacticals to screen the bikes and whirlwind, and cap objectives while I move my bikes up thw board for a turn 3 (due to lack of the Full Throttle, or the extra range Doctrine, abilities) assault, with the DW dropping at 9" for a volley of shots with the support of the Master, before trying a charge in.

I'll still employ the veterans as a plasma bomb, but now I have one gun less, and no way to make em get rerolls on the drop. So, the effectiveness of the squad is severely diminished. Might have to play them more defensively. Perhaps adding one squad of tacticals to the pod, nd see about taking the chance to either screen the veterans post drop, or make a run for both plasma fire and objective grabbing, at the same time.

Edited by Berzul, 24 January 2020 - 01:10 PM.

"Fiat lux!"

Chaplain Elijah

Chaplain Elijah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts

2) The army has to be fully painted. If not, your opponent gets one free command reroll per phase, each turn (his, and yours).
4) No legends
5) No forgeworld

If i were you that would be 5 reasons for me to not waste my time in this event.

How many people are supposed to participate ?

• Berzul likes this

signature.jpg

Berzul

Berzul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,915 posts

4) No legends
5) No forgeworld

If i were you that would be 5 reasons for me to not waste my time in this event.

How many people are supposed to participate ?

Should be about 16-20 people.

Our gaming community still has a very small number of players overall in my city. So, you find one of two phenomena: Either a player has a collection filled with very competitive options, or they are playing just for fun or have recently started collecting.

As the TO has explained, the limitations set in place are for two main reasons: One, to try and get players to tone down a bit the ultra competitive lists that he knows some more hardcore players can and would make, making the event kind of an unbalanced affair; and two, to see about getting players to get motivated in painting their armies, as that will be rewarded in the events.

Again, my country and city simply does not have the number of active competitive players to make large scale events, or the number of players needed for an event with more open rules to just balance out the level of players from a large pool of them. So, in order to make the event larger, some restrictions are placed into effect.

In fact, the TO has set many more restrictions.

The entire list of restrictions is as follows:

1350 points

2 detachments max

One detachment must be a battalion (with exception for armies like Drukhari)

Mono Codex

No index

No legends

No forgeworld

No lords of war

Nothing over 12 wounds

Max 1 datasheet for each type of unit except troops

Datasheets that allow for multiple independent units are allowed, but if they are vehicles then one can only include one unit or model (for example, Leman Russes can be taken, but only one tank in the unit, and one unit in the army) — (Some exceptions for Drukhari, but I don't remember which exceptions were in place)

No proxies, 100% WYSIWYG

Fully painted armies or your opponent gets one Command Reroll for free each phase of each player turn

Games played on 4 by 4 boards, timed, with 60 minutes for each player by chess clock (the time includes deployment)

Eternal War style scenarios

ITC terrain rules

5 rounds max per game, no extensions

Edited by Berzul, 24 January 2020 - 06:27 PM.

"Fiat lux!"

bigtrouble

bigtrouble

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts

4) No legends
5) No forgeworld

5-man Ravenwing Bike Squad, with bolt pistols, a Combi Melta, and two Meltaguns

As someone else may have pointed out, combi-weapons on RWSgt are non-codex, index options. is that a problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users