Vanguard Vets/SIA questions

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Are Vanguard Vets the only vets able to use jump packs (and Watch Captains can too)? Kind of getting around to seeing what troops I have and start getting points together. This is another question off topic though instead of making a new thread. When deciding which SIA to use, are they free to use? I see people saying something about one costing something. What do they cost if they do cost? I can't seem to find it in the books.

Watch Captains can along side Librarians and Chaplains, just need to add the relative pts/power from the back of the book. Vanguard Vets are the only non HQ that can take them, either in their separate elite team or within the Veterans team.

The only cost was the increased weapon costs(Usually +2 points) compared to normal marines versions of the same weapon but that is no longer the case in CA2019. Our weapons cost the same as the Space Marine codex now. When you are going to use the ammo just amend the bolter weapons profile with the ammo spec. The only other cost I can think of is that one of them reduces the range of the weapon.

The only cost was the increased weapon costs(Usually +2 points) compared to normal marines versions of the same weapon but that is no longer the case in CA2019. Our weapons cost the same as the Space Marine codex now. When you are going to use the ammo just amend the bolter weapons profile with the ammo spec. The only other cost I can think of is that one of them reduces the range of the weapon.

I think he meant you can't use the bolter discipline with them, and have to choose one or the other (which is stupid now in the light of SM doctrines, but alas, whining of people upset DW got one strong point that wasn't even OP for a few weeks got GW to do one of their knee-jerk nerfs)...

I think he meant you can't use the bolter discipline with them, and have to choose one or the other (which is stupid now in the light of SM doctrines, but alas, whining of people upset DW got one strong point that wasn't even OP for a few weeks got GW to do one of their knee-jerk nerfs)...

Yeah it was good while it lasted and made us the elite super soldiers we are supposed to be. It was nothing compared to higher level codexes the Space Marines currently enjoy.