Assassin support

Mobius0288

Wanted to reevaluate assassins. It seems they have gone up 10 points which makes taking 3 or 4 in a vanguard a bit more of an investment.

I think most would agree adding one is optimal, and that one is usually to flavor based on what you took.

My specific question is what do you guys think of the Callidus assassin with the new SM supplements out, along with GSC and other CP hungry factions? Do you think it has more of a place? or don't even bother with CP shenanigans and just focus on as much damage as possible?

I think the Calidus is one of the better assassins but they are hard to use well.

That said its still not a cheap investment for 1, never mind 3 assassins.

They still have a place and I see no reason to shelves them over a 10 point increase, I used to run one when they were in the 150 range.

I just don't think you can afford 3 of them and keep all the bases covered, it drains too much out of your limited points in a premium point army.

For the Calidus herself she will always make people think twice in games, she may roll a 4+ on her ability and it may cost them 1 or 2 cp over a game but people will hold back their cp until they can deal with her which gives us more time to land the critical blows we need before our loses render us ineffective.

Edited by Duke Danse Macabre

Recently I’ve used  the Callidus against tau, and I was lucky with the 4+ rolls

Ate him 4/5 CPs....and if you are not lucky with rolls, it can always be a kind of deterrent for the first couple of turns.

Generally I prefer the Vindicare, although when there is just one shot, hitting and wounding on 2+... somehow I roll ones...like a curse

I have used Vindicare a lot in my games since assassins rules were updated. Narrative behind using him and Inquisitor is that Inquisitor has tasked Vindicare to assasinate someone he's going to point later but then something goes wrong and my Deatwatch are summoned to rescue them. Haha:smile.:  Anyway, in every game since update Vindicare has killed all the crucial enemy characters I wanted dead and typically they are also worth more than double of his own points. So he's been very useful so far. Head Shot rule and Double Shot strategem make him grazy good actually.