Forge/Maulerfiend - what build?

So, here's the deal. Tomorrow, I'm going up to my FLGS to adopt a Fiend box. It's been sitting on their shelf all by its lonesome all this time, and it needs some friends, so I'm buying it, taking it home and building it for my Word Bearers. The question is... how should I build it? Should I go for the sheer visceral joy of having two Thunder Hammer equivalents and a swarm of mechanical tendrils, or perhaps the Thunder Hammer equivalents and a pair of magma cutters to make quick work of tougher foes? Maybe a set of Ectoplasma Cannons - three, of course - to burn through the enemy in the name of the Architect of Fate, or perhaps a pair of Hades Autocannons to cut through hordes like butter and a daemonic maw in case it gets into melee?

You might want to magnetize it so that you have a combination of choices.

But if you don't magnetize, it really depends what you want to do with it.  If you want melee, in the rules as they currently stand the tendrils are better than the meltacutters.  If you want shooting, the autocannons seem better given their greater range and greater rate of fire, and IMHO (my own forgefiend has the ectoplasm head, which seems to never do anything) the head ectoplasm isn't really worth it if you go autocannons, as you'll be wanting to keep the fiend more than 24" from the enemy anyway (the variable number of shots is, IMHO, too variable to justify having the forgefiend within small arms range of most enemies.

I magnetized my Forgefiend for all weapon choices. 

However, I could not figure out how to magnetize it for either a Forgefiend or Maulerfiend. The positioning of the legs between the two is pretty wonky, and I didnt want to go extreme with it. I love the Forgefiend personally, but most seem to prefer the Mauler. Pick one, and magnetize for its options. 

Forgefiends are unfortunately not good and are rarely going to impress. I'd go for the Maulerfiend personally (with the tendrils).

Yeah I am using mine as parts for a double gatling knight kit bash at some point. If templetes still existed there would be an argument for the plasma.... 

• 3 weeks later...

As a note, the paired Melta Cutters and the Tendrils are now the same cost, so the choice is less automatic. If you have a Disco Lord going in with them, Melta Cutters all around could actually be a decent choice since the Fiends would be hitting on 3's and the Disco Lord could make up for the lost Tendril attacks against hordes.