Grumbles with the Made to Ord(O)er Culexus assassin

chapter master 454

My Made to Order arrived to my joy, 5 fresh blood thirsty murder masters. 5 because I got 2 Culexus Assassins that they were showing because I have a spare Culexus head that was just thankfully the alternate version to what they were showing. The Order arrives and low and behold, the version they were selling was NOT the version they were displaying. The Vindicare, Calidus and Eversor are correct but the Culexus isn't...

The most petty of things but for someone like me who likes collecting variants of old models and things, it annoys me greatly that they were showing the wrong version to what they were selling. (and I even did extensive visual research into what both helmets look like from that angle!).

Carry on brothers...needed a small rant about how GW literally can't display the correct thing they are selling!

Off to 3rd party I suppose.

As an exciting conclusion to the story: nothing.

Their reply was it arrived as they would expect, sorry that it didn't match images from the store, it has been passed along to relevant head of departments for review.

Translation: Nothing will happen.

Disappointed. Now to see if I can find the correct culexus head available anywhere...

Considering I ordered 2 Culexus Assassins and both are the same (so both wrong head) I don't think anyone else will have had a different experience, everyone will have gotten the long tail helmet instead of the stub version.

Only answer is going to Ebay and find ether a bid for a head OR the more likely answer is just to find a cheap auction, get that with some luck and basically just strip the "professional paint job" off the thing and if needed, pop the head off and put it on the new body (and it seems strangely common to find people that clipped the fingers off...might just be where I am looking).

VERY disappointing.

Not quite your situation but I also had a recent let down by GW customer service. The spring inside my 35$ fine detail cutter broke from basic use and I was told “sounds like they had a good run, time for a replacement!”

Gee, thanks.

I hope you emailed them back saying you are getting a different brand replacement as their suggestion was very helpful lol

Which version are you looking for Chapter Master? I have a black primed, metal Culexus mini, I've never used. I'm happy to help a Frater out if I can.

=][=

As buying, selling, and trading are against B&C rules, please take any further discussion along this line to PMs.

=][=

My apologies Claws.

It's been handled.

My intent was to give it to a Frater in need.

No worries.

Exchanging things between Frater is perfectly fine if it's done via PM. I was just giving a friendly reminder.

I don't use my mod voice very often, so it sometimes comes across harsher than intended :)