The Great Devourer approaches!

The Pounder

Thanks WarriorFish!

Zoanthropes are one of my favourite units! They look amazing and form the anchor for my Swarm!

Fair play on adding some core units, can never have enough cannon fodder!

Atm I’m torn between finishing my brood of Hive Guard or the Termagants. Plenty of time to decide!

• 1 month later...

So this week I’ve been working on some Hive Guard for my Nids.

Got another 3 done so that finishes the Brood, I just love these models and they perform well on the table (probably the first name on my lists)

Here’s July’s vow complete plus the other 3!

51319997131_9e2718c69e_c.jpgTyranid Hive Guard

51320716694_3a1321534b_c.jpgTyranid Hive Guard

51319995451_1ca799ebc8_c.jpgTyranid Hive Guard

Thanks for looking!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks WarriorFish! Hopefully it’ll do some work for me! That said usually the more effort I put in to the paint job, the more likely the model is to be destroyed early on!!

Cheers Xenith, that’s exactly what I was going for!

I’ve got some time this evening and weekend so hopefully I can make a dent in the Termagants!

New Model Syndrome is naturally attracted to size: more money, bigger, more time spent, the more you like the model etc... all make the model a shining light for the moth that is NMS :P

Doing some Termagaunts should be a nice change of pace for you, variety is the spice of life as the saying goes and having a good number of little gribblies to field is always a good option :)

Yeah, NMS is definitely a thing for me!

You’re definitely right, I need more little critters. I seem to have gone Nidzilla unintentionally!!

Something I’ll slowly address moving forward. Once I’ve finished the Termagants I’ll post a pic of my Swarm.

I find the little bugs to be nice to paint, maybe I'm biased as I like them and always planned to use a lot but as far as painting goes they're pretty simple and quick. It makes them a nice stopgap project between others - the trick is not to think of them in terms other than models. Otherwise painting up 15 at a time is a bit less fun... :laugh.:

Looking forward to seeing the full swarm together, I've been thinking that it'd be smart to record the models while you're getting them out if you haven't already. I was trying to play with a list yesterday but couldn't remember what my Warrior load outs were :tongue.:

I think that’s the right way of looking at it. Use the larger models as treats!

I can’t paint more than 3 or 4 models at a time! I find it a bit of a slog!

I’m going to get everything out once the Termagants are done so that’ll be the perfect time for a Swarm pic.

I painted four Termagaunts last month for the Bug's Life event - it was a nice number I found. Usually you do more for the cheaper and smaller models but it really turned them into a nice mini-project I could piggle away on and complete without too much effort or time. I'd recommend it if you need a boost to getting the hordes done :tu:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I’ve finished my first Brood of Termagants!

While I was packing them up I remembered to take a few pics of the whole Swarm!

51415906711_5141721230_c.jpgTyranids Swarm

51416171508_7af0c09459_c.jpgTyranids Swarm

51416890345_d7771bb6d1_c.jpgTyranids Swarm

51416181813_a6dcc157fb_c.jpgTyranids Swarm

51416181393_ca118a3bbf_c.jpgTyranids Swarm

They’re not very neat individually but I think the effect of them all together is quite intimidating!

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the Carnifex for this month!

I only have 8 Genestealers to go then I’m done with my Nids until the Codex drops!

51509420719_d8c9bbb6c4_c.jpgTyranids Carnifex

51507907292_eaac855411_c.jpgTyranids Carnifex

51509420174_a0f7d6102e_c.jpgTyranids Carnifex

Next up for the Tyranids will be the Genestealers!