Potential Female Space Marine Space Wolves Coming?

Aothaine

Reading Ashes of Prospero right now and there is an exchange between Arjac and a tribeswoman that ends with him thinking it is possible. Anyone know of any other books that are bringing this potential to thought? 

"Just give us strong, smart and brave lads and the Sons of Russ will endure." - Arjac

"Just sons? Perhaps there is more water that must learn to flow" - Tyra (Tribeswoman)

Arjac then thinks: The spirit of Fenris was in all of its people, elder and child, man and woman. He had seen first-hand that Roboute Guilliman had brought back miracle warriors from the time of the Allfather Abroad. Space Marines moulded from even sharper steel. If that was possible anything was. 

Use the search function that was a hot topic when the book was new.

Many conversations ended up being locked by mods.

It is worth the time finding them.

My apologies. I'm not trying to start up a new thread that will be locked. Just now started reading the book I got form secret Santa and I thought it was an interesting conversation between the characters. :D 

Use the search function that was a hot topic when the book was new.

Many conversations ended up being locked by mods.

It is worth the time finding them.

My apologies. I'm not trying to start up a new thread that will be locked. Just now started reading the book I got form secret Santa and I thought it was an interesting conversation between the characters. :biggrin.:

Each of us as players are Force Commanders.

The Warlord on the field is, at least according to Rules As Intended, us.

---

Games Workshop is the only entity that can declare FeMarines a thing or not.

If not done well enough to fly in the current lore, or at least, without the proper fluffstification (not my word), it will only make the situation worse.

If done right, it would slightly more than double GW's current customer base for the poster child army of WH40K.

I for one just hope that if they do it right and it works in terms of both in game and out of game lore, say perhaps, females need XXX chromosomes for some tech reason, and therefore it also allows males with XXY, then more Marines, period.

I'm game, if they don't break their own lore.

Also, SW's should be the ones to to it, and if anything, be the ones the big in game =I= starts to investigate for heresy and question whether or not the Wolves should be declared Excommunicate Tratoris for their efforts; that doesn't mean it'll happen, but we do know that at least someone in the Inquisition would want heads to roll as something this big wasn't asked for permission of them to do so. I know the Astartes don't have to; that's not the setting. The =I= wants to rule every single human, Astartes, and Primaris and have final say.

FeMarines welcome here.

Just don't do it and do it badly.

That of course means it's going to be hard; but, as we all are so often told, anything worth doing is going to be difficult.

To avoid the flame bait lock out sword of Damocles hanging overhead dropping just yet...

Perhaps each of us should weigh in on how, if at all, we'd like to see it done. If not, that's fine as well; GW reads the B&C, if anything, leaving it as an option for each player to say, "I have the option to use FeMarine heads on all my Astartes / Primaris, and am not required to do anything!" is perhaps the best option of all in this regard.

You think introducing female marines will more than double the customer base for Space Marine armies? Please explain your reasoning.

Do you think there would be a similar (more than) doubling of the customer base for Sisters of Battle if male sisters were introduced?

It wouldn't, and it won't. It's utterly asinine to think "well, if there were female Space Marines, women would play this game more!".

Women play this game. That is a fact, and well-known by now. They don't play an army because they have a need to play females. Female Space Marines would basically mean 30+ years of lore has to be retconned, because it's stated that the geneseed flat-out doesn't work on women.

If this discussion is going to happen again, and I’m not even sure it needs to, it’s going to stay focused on the wolves.

Play nice and respect others’ opinions even if you disagree.

*primes the helfrost pistol

Edited by PeteySödes

Yes please keep this focused specifically with the interaction that I posted about earlier. This post is designed to discuss the information provided by Black Library about the possibility of Space Wolves inducting females to bolster their numbers. It seems as if even the Primaris injection, according to Ashes of Prospero, only helped so much and that the Space Wolves are still in a state of alarmingly low numbers.

Edited by Aothaine

Male sisters of battle, you mean Black templars ? they are quite popular on these forums.

Female space wolves would be awesome, but, they dont need to be marines, heck, I think space wolves shouldnt be "marines" either. I think creative oppurtunities/liberties are missed by GW to not disconnect space marine as the defining factor from some of their space marine armies. (wich their chaos equivalents have to some extend.)

So take space wolves, and basically divide it into a "marine" factor, a mortals factor and a "daemon" factor

Mortals;
Space Vikings, male and female combined.. tech/armor somewhere between the rogue trader troop and scions, but still obviously space wolves. Maybe a space wolves specific elite Sisters of Silence unit to fill a Shield maiden/valkyrie like role (jetpacks?), Battle ready navigators too.

Marine;
The usual/expectable Marines with runes and pelts and some wolf decoration.. but in a functional/natural way, not the standard marine army troop for each weapon type, but more flexible in equipment to mix or cater for the specific needs. Wolfguard is the agressor/terminator big armor type.. but of their own design instead of just gravis with pelts.

Daemon;
all the (ex)wolfey elements; wulfen, fenrisian wolves, TWC, add some ex-wulfen ( so the same lack of armor/use of salvaged armor parts), but no mutation apart from a slight higher savagery and still bigger than a human (and have them or wulfen ride TWC instead.)

each with the option to work stand alone or combined as each player sees fit, allowing the creativity to represent stuff as the Wolfblade & House belisarius to totally wolved up 13th company warbands from the eye of terror.

Imho this kind of approach would actually empower the supposed eliteness of space marines as well, especially with the current size differences.