Task Force Gothic Serpent

So, I haven't done anything with Guard (or even played my guard!) in a very long time!

This army has been months in the planning and buying stage and is now about to take off.

This is my Black Hawk Down themed Guard force, AKA Task Force Gothic Serpent.

Here is my Vendetta Gunship completed!

a9TYUuU.jpg

mElcdrH.jpg

AQFfNuf.jpg

Edited by ImperialSquishiness

Got a vulture up next. It should do! I've been in a bit of a hobby funk for the last couple of months, and struggled to find the motivation to do all my other projects first. This will hopefully rekindle that a bit!

Still need to buy 2 valkyries and wheel kits for the 4 Taurox Primes before I have everything, plus kitbash an officer of the fleet and Primaris Psyker

Nice job, how about some slight weathering? Make some oil (use ivory black or lamp black oil paint diluted in odourless white spirit and use a syntethic brush, not your nice kolinsky sable brush) streaks behind flap hinges. Also sponge on neatly some pitting on the front face of the wings and fuselage.

You tube and tonnes of weathering tutorials for oilpaint weathering of flyers.

Nice job, how about some slight weathering? Make some oil (use ivory black or lamp black oil paint diluted in odourless white spirit and use a syntethic brush, not your nice kolinsky sable brush) streaks behind flap hinges. Also sponge on neatly some pitting on the front face of the wings and fuselage.

You tube and tonnes of weathering tutorials for oilpaint weathering of flyers.

I will be weathering them at some point. I was likely going to wait until all the planes are done and weather them in one go.

Good job. Will the task force have heavy vehicles- Leman Russ battle tanks, Chimera transports, etc.- to correct a noted weakness of its real-world counterparts? Or will you limit it to Tempestus Scions and Taurox Primes as analogues for Rangers and up-armored Humvees?

Good job. Will the task force have heavy vehicles- Leman Russ battle tanks, Chimera transports, etc.- to correct a noted weakness of its real-world counterparts? Or will you limit it to Tempestus Scions and Taurox Primes as analogues for Rangers and up-armored Humvees?

It's basically going to be scions, Taurox primes and planes. The only non Scion parts are Lord commisar, primaris psyker and officer of the fleet.

I have a whole guard army anyway

I've always wanted to do this. Vets for rangers and scions for delta company. Let's you bring some heavy weapons in the vet squads. Too bad we dont have any small flyer transports.

I highly recommend the victoria minis gamer edition wheel kits. I picked up 2 sets at adepticon last year.

I painted my guard tan and black but it just looked bad on the table so I went with a more traditional tan/green.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

By the way, what will you put under the Lord Commissar's raised foot when you decorate his base? A dead xeno? Dead Chaos worshiper? Hopefully not a dead but loyal (if not as brave as the Lord Commissar demanded) guardsman.

Just the rock that comes with the base. Nothing that exciting.

Lord Commisar now done.

pac4iu1.jpg

Fuselage and base for the vulture now done barring weapons. Might come back and add some proper weathering later but will probably do all the planes at the same time.

oeXlNZi.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice work, great to see them together Squishy :tu: What's next - more Stormies perhaps? :)

Got wheels coming for some tauroxes, still need to grab another valk. Also need to source alternative plasma guns, which may be a little difficult now...

Just started on a floaty boat for my admech

Edited by ImperialSquishiness