Task Force Gothic Serpent

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice Squishy, wheels look great too. I'm keen to get to my Primes but might need a small break from painting red... :P Does this mean we have a Valkyrie coming up next? :)

Have run out of valkyries to paint! Need to get one from somewhere in this Lockdown... Still have 40 odd Scions to do, 3 more tauroxes, an Armiger moirax for my admech/Knights and a few nids bits

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, have got a load more Scions and another Taurox finished off over the last few weeks. Starting to get there now! Just 20 more infantry and characters to go, another Valkyrie and 2 more Taurox Primes

h2YENLs.jpg

1QItVDy.jpg

WDH0QCM.jpg

Edited by ImperialSquishiness

• 1 year later...

Managed a first game with the Scions the other week. Still not quite at 2k,so took an assassination force to bulk out the remaining points. Felt so good to finally get them on the tabletop! Ran out 72-59 winner over another guard list

orxDndz.jpg

Well done on the win, great to see them out and in action :tu: Were there any particular takeaways from the game?

My full version of the list drops either the vendetta or the vulture for a 2nd valkyrie as you can only have 2 flier slots. After this game, I think the vulture is probably the better bet to be dropped as the rest of the list has high ap anti infantry firepower all around. My full list will have either 5 or 6 Taurox primes and 5 or 6 5 man squads. I didn't get turn 1, lost the valkyrie toting all the melta and plasma goodness, but the vendetta did work. The squad in there, along with tempestor prime and officer of the fleet got out without issue in my opponent's back line, obliterated a mortar squad, master of ordinance and basilisk, then the infantry all charged and tagged a russ tank commander, taking 0 casualties...

As it was guard v guard, I took Engage, assassinate and Grind them down. The planes are great for Assassinate, although having the assassination force really helped. Think I maxed out Assassinate in 2 turns!

Edited by ImperialSquishiness