Imperial Fists - Stalwarts of Court 182

Greetings Fraters,

Moving to a new city opened the opportunity for me to dip my toes into the Heresy side of the hobby. I had been eyeing the Heresy community from a distance ever since I started to read stuff online again when I got back into the hobby some 18 month or so ago.

I went for the siege as a setting because I like the idea of being able to basicly field anyone and everyone. My rough idea for my force is that they are a loose formation tasked with defending a larger courtyard area within the outer reaches of the palace.

Since I am playing templars in 40k I wanted to do something different and have lots of shooting in my army for 30k and possibly psykers. So I picked the psyker hating legion, bought sigismund and built a squad of templar brethren to basicly play my 40k armies greatgranddads.

Today I could finally be bothered to take some pictures, sadly my phones camera isn't exactly good, but I do have a little bit more than 750 points painted:

Forgelord Ludwig with Servitors, currently equipped with Rad-Missile launchers, but magnetized. Also only 3 are equipped with missile launchers:

XUCzb3y.jpg

Tactical Squad 1 - Squad Ludolvus

CEg4RqA.jpg

Tactical Squad 1 - Squad Degenhardt

Y2Gu1Ec.jpg

Apothecaries Emil and Santiago

Pw9RyGI.jpg

Brother Hagen, Contemptor class Dreadnought

oFntxBM.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well a Leviathan is definitely on my list.

Currently I am toiling through infantry with Templar brethren on the Tablet right now. Depending in what my group wants to Play next I'll either add a tac Support Squad or a Land Raider next. Both are bought and ready to be built

I also had a Look at the legion organization chart to better map out who exactly my guys will be.

So here is my question: how where the fists organized? Is it the Standard legion/chapter/Battalion/company structure? I am fairly sure that there is households and cadres mentioned in Book III. Also I am fairly sure that the Templar brethren are described as the first company. Well first company of every Battalion? Or a specific one?

I mean I want to Field sigismund, because I love the Guy but I also dont want to build the super Elite whatever chapter. I just want to build a Formation tasked with defending a certain area, that fell und sigismunds (and by Extension dorns) general purview of command.

So yeah thats a ton of questions.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

Oh that was actually really easy. I took a pack of kromlech missile launchers, cut off the hand Holding them, drilled a hole into them and glued magnets in, now they are interchangable. Sadly one blister is only three launchers, so the 4th servitor will get a normal 30k missile launchers when I get around to buying MKIV Marines.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Had a (re)match against iron warriors the other day. His (iron fire) stratehy fell apart after my lr and my contemptor blew up his two medusas. Sword brethren picked apart his infantry and hqs, contemptor took out another predator and that was that.

MVP of the game was definitely my apothecary though.

TP2tbuT.jpgoMhk9lP.jpgOe4d9ou.jpg

• 1 month later...

More heavy support incoming.

I am unhappy with the dozer blade on the proteus. Its vallejos rust pigments and I feel they look like desert sand.

Might put some rust wash on (and buy the corresponding ak Product fort the next time I want to do rust).

In other news now I have two landraiders. I feel like I should build a third one at some point to complete the squad.

fsDhJ1Z.jpg

SppMmrK.jpg

I5hMmhh.jpg

JxkurBw.jpg

EVXzuRc.jpg

iQT7MT6.jpg

2RK2zfq.jpg

U1c0b43.jpg

qkd8CRN.jpg

Aaaaand, as seen in the loyalty and treachery thread, I am done with my second contemptor. That leaves one more to do at some point to fill out the talon. Also added some options to venerable brother Hagens arsenal:

K2ApjSR.jpg

fZFGmSr.jpg

tUXAVFt.jpg

TQcx0EF.jpg

rQOEFVg.jpg

EkrG5YD.jpg

oLPWpEl.jpg

And both of them together with all current options (just dug up a volkite arm...):

a82JY6S.jpg

Next up I'll be painting a Cataphractii squad. I decided to do them in black to take a little break from all the yellow I've been doing. (And to test my black recipe on minis to get ready to paint some more 40k black templars at some point).

Also I need some decision help: Plasma glow Blue or Green? Blue could be a very stark contrast to the yellow. Which could be nice

Also: I promise my new phone actually has a better camera than the old one. I just seem to be trash at getting it to work properly.

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily I didn't pledge these boys for L&T. But Heavy transports need heavy transportees and thus the Terminator Elite arrives.

I did two new things for these guys: A) I got kind of serious about tmm shading, it looks... okay I guess. Wetblending Ink with the metal color gold did not work like at all.

B) and this I am proud of: I did thee steel wool / baby wipe technique on their storm shields and thusly my dudes are carrying marble shields, which I like a lot.

jL6Fajw.jpg

EjkSUuv.jpg

lrV9mPp.jpg

I took the pictures outside on my balcony in a black Cardboard box. Tell me if they look better than my usual Lightbox setup.

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks for a squad seems to be my current pace. Okay fair enough. I can live with that.

I have finished my first Squad of MK IV tacticals. They are completely magentized meaning the bolters can be swapped for anything. I also painted meltas, flamers and plasmaguns for them. Shortly before being done I realized that I forgor 1 melta and 1 plasma. So theyll be done together with my second mk iv tac squad that I built yesterday and today. Since I am kinda unhappy with the Plasma OSL (I think I fudged it by making the last two highlights way to big which I guess comes down to shooting pretty diluted paint at a high psi through a small needle with very low distance to the model). So I'll repaint the first dark green coat again and redo the effect.

I wanted to do nmm on the sword but didn't manage to do it convincingly so I tried my hand at some TMM. I'm okay with it. The next sgt is getting an axe so I'll retry the nmm effect on that one.

IyrEwsg.jpg

QTlFhtz.jpg

Had three days off this week so these guys were done by thursday. Sadly I had to order new bases so I only completely finished them yesterday, but this puts me firmly at 40 Tacticals painted, 20 of which completely magnetized and equipped with melee weapons, so they can serve as veterans, normal tacticals or support squads should I need them.

Tried to pose my guys a little bit more dynamicly and also used Vykes' method for quick airbrushed faces which I really like.

I am now comfortably able to put 3k on the table with only the rhinos being proxied form my 40k templars, next up: siege weapons.

tmeZmbv.jpgFzhkmyp.jpgQoUqAJQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

57. Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron, 26. Legion rapid response force "The Thorns of Stone"

Returned to the soil of the homeworld by first Captain Sigismund and rescued off the arsenals of Mars these three tanks are anything but the venerable war machines of the great crusade they are seen fighting next to. What they lack in age the gained in edge in a very short time. The defense of the outer recratory districts around court 182 was a crucible opon which their machine spirits gained a penchant for rapid strikes into the backlines of enemy formations, always a thorn in the traitors' side.

z1xNfXM.jpg

gXtsRMf.jpg

Nz4JIB3.jpg

FNhY8tq.jpg