Imperial Fists - Stalwarts of Court 182

Sigismund. The Emperors Champion, the Black Knight. First Captain of the Imperial Fists.

During the Siege of the Inner Palace the Themplar took command of many a theater. During the protracted defense of the recreatory districts many a traitor died benath the black blade.

FnV8YwG.jpg

SFfbwSA.jpg

Db5UL3u.jpg

uiRnb0U.jpg

LcsyaIM.jpg

DVveU9S.jpg

Nice job! They look good. As IF player your should consider building and painting 5-10 Terminators in Tartaros armour with storm shields. They are the main perk of IF and you will get good use of them in Centurion and Zone Mortalis games as wells as regular games.

I went for ten cataphractii, I do vastly prefer the way they look to Tartaros.

Might do ten Tartaros at a later time though. Currently I still have 10 Breachers, 10 Heavy Supports and 10 Phalanx warders planned in terms of infantry. None of which i strictly 'need' to play, which is a great feeling.

I built the breachers yesterday and layed down the black including highlights today, masked it off, sprayed some german rotbraun primer to lay down my yellows. Unsure how much I will manage to do next week, I do have time off from work right now, but I wont really be in town next week. And when I am here I will propably do some hiking and so on. So ironicly I'll propably be more productive when I go back to work in 10 days.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

• 1 month later...

During the dark days of the siege of terra many a batlle that would have brought planets into compliance in brighter days ended up as a small scale engagement of peripheral import to Bhab central command. Many a peripheral battle became a lynchpin of epochal importance and sank into obscurity mere hours after a decisive push was denied or a central commander killed.

One of those engagements were the battles of the outer recreational courts. Once a string of beautiful gardens home to ancient flora and fauna and resplendend in mosaiqs and masonry of the finest craftmanship. During the current dark times only the colourful floortiles and burst columns tell of its former glories.

The defence of what should be termed court 182 on legion tactical maps was given to void assault cadre 37 under the command of Castellan Götz Berlichus. A dedicated shipboard and station assault formation during the great crusade the warriors, later to be known as the stalwarts of court 182, adopted what they knew about void defense and assault to the twisting irrigation tunnels underneath the botanical masterworks errected above and turned the beautiful gardens into another facette of the indomitable fortress that is terra.

Impressed by the wild yet calculated fury demonstrated by their brethren in the V. Legion but knowing they were not made for that kind of war, the mechanized infantry and armoured columns of the VIIth adopted what strategies they could to turn the open grounds of gardens and fields into fire lanes, killboxes and prepared ambush zones. The traitor advance a ripe target for armoured coubter attack. Thus they fought calculated delaying actions and lightning-speed flank attacks against traitor forces in the open while more static elements redeployed to other parts of the defense lines. Thus opening up new fronts to fight what was termed a dynamic defense.

I had a bit of fluff knocking about in my head and wanted to ground my list ideas in it: zone mortalis elements, static defense elements, an armoured breakthrough list and mechanized infantry. My idea is that due to the nature of a garden district the fists were forced to employ some open field battles to delay the traitor advance while more static elemnts fell back to prepared positions to push the enemy off and later reclaim lost ground through counter attack.

Also maybe I want a small white scars complement in the future so I'd like to unite them in my fluff as warriors whose style of warfare deeply impressed the VIIth. They knew theyd never meet the keshigs speed and fury so they had to prepare the field and fight much slower but similar armoured hit and run engagements.

Alright after my last Post was only a bit of fluff thats hopefully not too terrible and mary sueish heres some more (quick n dirty) pictures.

I finished ten breachers about a month ago and held myself up on three completely magnetized rhinos for three weeks only to screw up what feels like 99% of the models by glueing in the tracks in the end. Those three chassos can serve as preds, rhinos or whirlwind scorpii and now I can field my fists infantry without proxxing my 40k vehicles which is great. I feel like another deimos predator squad is in my future so I can field two squads of three for an armoured breakthrough list.

hCgeI1K.jpg

ecaLx2h.jpg

OU3Yp1t.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

And now the primarch is done!

Next up some Terminator HQs

6zlwzTg.jpg

avIuzyH.jpg

Pretty happy with the model. Just highlighting the Bronze was kind completely worthless as the airbrushwork gets completely lost due to the reflectiveness of the metal paint. Maybe should have gone harder on the highlights.

Thanks!

Oh that was actually really easy. I took a pack of kromlech missile launchers, cut off the hand Holding them, drilled a hole into them and glued magnets in, now they are interchangable. Sadly one blister is only three launchers, so the 4th servitor will get a normal 30k missile launchers when I get around to buying MKIV Marines.

Those servitors look awesome, I'm stealing the idea but I ordered these guys as servitors:

https://wargameexclusive.com/shop/mechanic-adepts/kataton-battle-servitor-squad-28mm/

and put the kromlech missile launchers on them! Probably it will take ages before they get delivered.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks mate. I think more rhino chassis are needed. I wanne get two more mars rhinos and another deimos pattern. They will be magnetized to be Preds as well. Then I want three 3d printed alternate pred so i can run a 3 x 3 predator armoured spearhead list.

Also I have a leviathan I once painted for my 40k BT army knocking about. I am thinking of updating it a bit - some weathering, increase contrast a bit and get him some cc arms. Also want a drop pod and a deredeo friend for him.

Thank you my man!

It kinda got away from me and now there really is no end in sight. I think I'll hit the 10k points milestone rather rapidly this year at some point. Right now I am not as motivated to paint but thats just how it goes with the hobby.

High praise, thank you man!

I'll be getting 3 3d printed predator proxies this week. So thats gonna be the next project. Gonna do the inverted scheme like on my 2nd sicven on them since I feel its so much yellow currently :)

Still kinda burned out on infantry. But I want to do my 6th troop chouce and some more heavy support marines and my 2nd breacher unit at some point too.