New unit wish listing.

Okay as it says on the tin. What do olyou want to see. Doesn't have to be a unit either. If you want it can be new, or old making a return, faction, or even a bespoke rule you would be cool to ad to an existing faction.

I'd like to see in no particular order:

-"Helblaster" variants. We won't sees Primaris units with "standard" weapon options, so I doubt we'll get heavy bolter or heavy flamer "hellblasters" but perhaps a unit of Primaris with onslaught Gatling cannons or frag cannons.

-A real Primaris assault alternative, fast moving, so jump packs or jet bikes with, power swords, thunder hammers, lightning claws that don't look like :cuss , looking at you Shrike.

-Proper weapon upgrades for Primaris Captains and Lieutenants, seriously why do sergeants have better wargear ootionts than higher ranking officers

-Plastic thunderfire cannon, with choice of Primaris and Firstborn gunners, even though I know the later is not going to happen. Also other guns on the same platform like some stupidly over powered mega grsv cannon or quad las or quad plasma.

-Plastic techmarine, both Primaris and Trueborn, even though I know the latter will never happen.

-Rough riders on some sort of alien/trade marketable/not a horse steed for IG.

-Outriders on bikes like GSC got for IG.

-Tyranid biotitans in plastic.

-Even though I don't really play them, updates to things like guardian defenders and work bois, basically anything really showing its age.

Alright, quick selfish reaction list for me that tops out at 5:  Not talking kits, simply units here.

-Chaos Space Marine Landspeeder in 40K (the lack of this bugs me, a lot)

-Chaos Space Marine jetbike/attack bike in 40K (again, the lack of these kinds of things bothers and bewilders me). 

-Saturnine pattern terminator armor in 30k/40K (I know it's not confirmed to be the old RT heavy bolter style Termies, but I'd love for an old kit like that to return)

-Imperial Guard heavy walker in 40K (I mean more Deredeo/heavy Sentinel style walker.  Quadruped like the dunecrawler would even be coo). 

-Imperial Guard Veteran-esque unit with Jump packs (close combat like the old days could be cool, or las rifles/shotguns would be neat too).  

There's almost certainly more, but it's late and my brain functions less well at this time of day/year than it should. 

Alright, quick selfish reaction list for me that tops out at 5: Not talking kits, simply units here.

-Chaos Space Marine jetbike/attack bike in 40K (again, the lack of these kinds of things bothers and bewilders me).

-Saturnine pattern terminator armor in 30k/40K (I know it's not confirmed to be the old RT heavy bolter style Termies, but I'd love for an old kit like that to return)

-Imperial Guard heavy walker in 40K (I mean more Deredeo/heavy Sentinel style walker. Quadruped like the dunecrawler would even be coo).

-Imperial Guard Veteran-esque unit with Jump packs (close combat like the old days could be cool, or las rifles/shotguns would be neat too).

There's almost certainly more, but it's late and my brain functions less well at this time of day/year than it should.

Cool ideas there mate. To ad to my list I'd also like maybe two chapter specicific Primaris units per chapter, one being a unique interessor squad for each chapter, so lizard loincloths for salamanders, blood drops and chalices for blood angels, and swords and robes for dark angels. And a chapter specicific unit for each chapter. For example pyroclasts (hellblasters with pyroclast launches is flamer/meltagun esqu combined weapons) Primaris sanguinary guard, and dread wing unit for Dark Angels (so lots of heinous rad type weapon equivalent hellblasters). Also I don't mind much that CSM don't get landspeeders and attack bikes, bit the should get whirlwiwinds and LRR/LRC or some chaotic equivalent of the latter. Oh and to ad to my original list, I hope that when WE and EC get their stand alone codeci I hope we see berserkers on juggernauts, terminator berserkers, noise terminators and some sick and twisted equivalent of of what palatine blades used to be.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants

Primaris stuff I'd like to see:

• Gravis Troops choice
  • Tacticus Jump Pack melee unit
  • JP variant for each HQ option, at least for the Blood Angels
  • Reiver Lieutenant that doesn't lose Grav-chutes
  • a unit with Shield options, ideally melee, ideally the Gravis Troops choice :P 

T'au stuff I'd like to see:

• Kroot Shaman
  • Kroot HQ
  • more auxiliary races of any kind except for humans (really don't care about those)
  • plastic Kroot Hounds, Krootox, etc
  • plastic sniper drones and firesight marksmen
  • named characters for other Septs than the T'au Sept
  • Shas'O Kais (the third of the trio around Farsight and Shadowsun)

<p>

Primaris stuff I'd like to see:

• Gravis Troops choice
  • Tacticus Jump Pack melee unit
  • JP variant for each HQ option, at least for the Blood Angels
  • Reiver Lieutenant that doesn't lose Grav-chutes
  • a unit with Shield options, ideally melee, ideally the Gravis Troops choice :P
T'au stuff I'd like to see:
  • Kroot Shaman
  • Kroot HQ
  • more auxiliary races of any kind except for humans (really don't care about those)
  • plastic Kroot Hounds, Krootox, etc
  • plastic sniper drones and firesight marksmen
  • named characters for other Septs than the T'au Sept
  • Shas'O Kais (the third of the trio around Farsight and Shadowsun)

Yeah I think tau auxiliary units would be cool, once long ago considered playing tau because I though auxiliaries were such a cool concept, but then 6th ed codex dropped and it became clear GW wasn't interested in going down that road, instead going for big robots left right and center to appeal to gundam folks. I differ in that I think human auxiliaries/ gue'vessa are such a cool concept. GW have explored imperial humans, chaos tainted humans and human infected by GSC, and I think a couple, if not one one gue'vessa unit, maybe infantry and roughrider equivalent would be cool to round that out. Also Vespid jetbikers would be sooooo cool. Also to ad to my initial ist, Eldar exodites.

Engaging my bias module, I am hoping for some Mechanicus units with some exciting, exotic weaponry (in other words I'd like a few less heavy stubbers). After falling in love with the flier that was recently revealed I feel my wishlisting prayers are already being answered. I hope the information suggesting heavy Skitarii with unique new weapons amounts to something and isn't concepts left on the cutting room floor. For my own sake I hope we see new Radium weapons so the new year can be bathed in an (un)healthy blue glow.

It's passed 'embarassing' that there is no plastic techmarine/master of the forge yet still. Get on it, GW!

Heavy assault units for Primaris. We got the sneaky sneak line done, we got the anti tank with the executioner and las fusils and what not. Heck we even got a light transport. Now go make us a proper shock assault component already!

Proper veterans for Primaris. No upgrade through CP bull:cuss. Proper veteran units. Don't argue, just do it!

Oh, and do BT right and give us our token character and upgrade sprue all right? Emperor allmighty, it can't be that hard!

Engaging my bias module, I am hoping for some Mechanicus units with some exciting, exotic weaponry (in other words I'd like a few less heavy stubbers). After falling in love with the flier that was recently revealed I feel my wishlisting prayers are already being answered. I hope the information suggesting heavy Skitarii with unique new weapons amounts to something and isn't concepts left on the cutting room floor. For my own sake I hope we see new Radium weapons so the new year can be bathed in an (un)healthy blue glow.

On a mechanicum note I'd like to see some Dark Mechanicum love, we've already got negavolt cultists and knights, so maybe some Dark and twisted tech magos who's gone done the path of techno heresy and worship of the ruinous powers, maybe some dark and twisted mechanical arachnid, and dark skitarii, even if the latter is only an upgrade kit.

New Tau Battlesuits - fast assault type, and a knight sized suit between the Stormsurge a Supremacy armor in size.

2-3 new Tau auxilla race units.

Jetbikes for primaris

Eldar Exodites

As for the tau, I u fortunately don't agree, as I've said in my earlier posts, I like the side of the tau where they're ONE empire of MANY races and would prefer to see auxiliaries over new battle suits. Also, from a fluff perspective, I see assault as a very un-tau like thing, and if the army was going to something that dangerous and barbaric, well barbaric buy tau standards anyway, some big, beastly auxiliary unit would be, what I believe they'd employ. I dunno, maybe some mentally enhanced ogryns, so they can better understand the greater good, with some sort of shock Barton's

Oh, and do BT right and give us our token character and upgrade sprue all right? Emperor allmighty, it can't be that hard!

Agree fully on the BT stuff

Also to the poster above you, just realized you mentioned tau auxiliaries, so half my point is moot.

<snip>

Please use the quote/multi-quote and edit functions. Double posts are really unnecessary and having to guess which post you reply to is twice as unnecessary. And yes those are available on mobile too.

Edited by sfPanzer

I'd love to see a completely New faction. Dunno, I am really at home in the Power armour area of 40k and for some reason most xenos dont do it for me in a way that I want to play them. Except for orks but I dont want to paint 200 boyz.

Also I'd love a Tank with a giant flipping Bolter for the heresy to go with my fists and maybe a leguon specific huscarl unit for them. And some model wise Updates for my bt but all of that is really just egoism on my part.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

For Primaris:

- Gravis assault and heavy support units. Assault variant with lightning claws or chain fists. Heavy variant with shoulder mounted heavy weapons like Garadon.

- Primaris Neophytes - essentially a Primaris scaled scout squad. Appearance would look closer to the original Rogue Trader era scouts than the current design. So, heavier but more primative armour, chain mail, mohawks - each one looking more individual (to contrast with the far more uniform Intercessors etc, representing the implantation process removing their former identities as it moulds them into weapons).

- Omnis (Suppressors) squads armed with either twin linked meltaguns as dedicated tank hunters, or paired hand flamers and grenade launchers as a shock assault unit.

- Assault squad in Tacticus armour, equipped with heavy chainswords and storm shields. Helms based on Mark 3 (just as current mark X is inspired by Mark 4).

Edited by Spaced Hulk

Personally would really just like to see kits we currently have reviewed and updated really.

Part of it would be adding options in (GW empolyees faint) such as the infamous Cyclic Ion Blaster for T'au (there is only one made, and that is the single one you get in the commander box) along with maybe expanding weapon options on some units (why can't tacticals take heavy flamers?)

Scouts could easily be one box and have their sprues massively updated along with other kits.

Then again that isn't Primaris so who am I kidding right?

Suppose Gravis is fruit hanging so low its a vegetable, would be nice.

Alright, quick selfish reaction list for me that tops out at 5: Not talking kits, simply units here.

-Imperial Guard heavy walker in 40K (I mean more Deredeo/heavy Sentinel style walker. Quadruped like the dunecrawler would even be coo).

Cool ideas there mate. To ad to my list I'd also like maybe two chapter specicific Primaris units per chapter, one being a unique interessor squad for each chapter, so lizard loincloths for salamanders, blood drops and chalices for blood angels, and swords and robes for dark angels. And a chapter specicific unit for each chapter. For example pyroclasts (hellblasters with pyroclast launches is flamer/meltagun esqu combined weapons) Primaris sanguinary guard, and dread wing unit for Dark Angels (so lots of heinous rad type weapon equivalent hellblasters). Also I don't mind much that CSM don't get landspeeders and attack bikes, bit the should get whirlwiwinds and LRR/LRC or some chaotic equivalent of the latter. Oh and to ad to my original list, I hope that when WE and EC get their stand alone codeci I hope we see berserkers on juggernauts, terminator berserkers, noise terminators and some sick and twisted equivalent of of what palatine blades used to be.
Saturnine armor for 30k.

In 40k saturnine is chaos Marines only.

Make it a supercharged Terminator.

Then primaris get a exterminus armor (primaris Terminator)

Both have 3-6 squad sizes are expensive.

Maybe saturnine has a2+ armor save, 3+invuln and a 5+ void shield. T6

-2x melee or ranged slots, +1 ranged slot (on top, can be another heavy weapon)

Exterminus 2+, 4++, 6++ t7.

-2x ranged or melee, x1 flecette defense system ( either fragstorm or flecette)

Edited by Triszin

There are a few things I'd like to see for the guard.

Regimental Storm troopers: Just like scions, except have with <REGIMENT>.  Cadians can get their Kasrkin. (Elite choice/ vets moved to troops.)

Lord General: A generic creed, one per army.

I would like to build up our rather light Fast Attack section.

Rough riders overhauled, perhaps with bikes

An expansion of the Hellhound platform: give them weapons like battle cannons, punisher cannons, auto cannons, missile launchers, etc.  They won't have grinding advance, but they would be assault weapons instead of heavy.

Perhaps both controversial and outside the scope of this thread but, Platoons. I don't mean the unit tax machines they were in previous editions, but an actual command structure that could tie together all of those infantry units and even less used things like voxes, standards, and medics.  You can have the company commanders (and lord general) give orders to platoons and the platoon commander can give orders to individual units.

Regimental Storm troopers: Just like scions, except have with <REGIMENT>.  Cadians can get their Kasrkin. (Elite choice/ vets moved to troops.)

An expansion of the Hellhound platform: give them weapons like battle cannons, punisher cannons, auto cannons, missile launchers, etc.  They won't have grinding advance, but they would be assault weapons instead of heavy.

Perhaps both controversial and outside the scope of this thread but, Platoons. I don't mean the unit tax machines they were in previous editions, but an actual command structure that could tie together all of those infantry units and even less used things like voxes, standards, and medics.  You can have the company commanders (and lord general) give orders to platoons and the platoon commander can give orders to individual units.

Simple way to do that:

Platoon Commanders have one order, as standard.

Company Commanders have one order, not two, but Platoon Commanders within range (or vox range) increase their orders to two (or three).

Regimental Storm troopers: Just like scions, except have with <REGIMENT>. Cadians can get their Kasrkin. (Elite choice/ vets moved to troops.)

An expansion of the Hellhound platform: give them weapons like battle cannons, punisher cannons, auto cannons, missile launchers, etc. They won't have grinding advance, but they would be assault weapons instead of heavy.

Perhaps both controversial and outside the scope of this thread but, Platoons. I don't mean the unit tax machines they were in previous editions, but an actual command structure that could tie together all of those infantry units and even less used things like voxes, standards, and medics. You can have the company commanders (and lord general) give orders to platoons and the platoon commander can give orders to individual units.

Yes definitely some Ksarkin, so scion unit with Cadian regimental doctrine. If I hadn't given up on the idea of guard, at least until I know what's happening with the range, was very much considering house ruling this anyway. Ad to the list new guard, both loyalist and traitor. Chimerax and Chimedon, which are both Chimera variants from Epic 40000, one with a turret mounted quad auto cannon, the latter with a battle cannon lite, like the LR conqueror or tuarox prime. IIRC both had a transport capacity. And as famoney epic goes, we've got the planes, we've got the knights and titans, and a serviceable full set in Apocalypse as a starting point. Read between the lines GW, it'd be a linsense to print money.

On second thoughts don't give me Epic or anything else for that matter, my broke :cuss and empty wallet can't keep track as is. I need a job where I can buy all the stuff I want at a discount and then spend all day painting it. You hiring GW?

-MORE TRAITOR GUARD MODELS!!!!

-Russ, obviously

-Primaris Terminators

-Primaris Grav-Bikes

-Melee Primaris with power weapon/Bolters or something.

-New Ork boyz and skarboyz (I don't even play orks but the new orks in those vehicles were stunning!)

Primaris chapter-specific units, to me the primaris are a call back to the HH with their mk 4 styling. So something like this

-Dark Angels - Death Wing Terminators

-White Scar - unique grav-bikers (like Golden Keshig)

-Space Wolves - Primaris Grey Slayers

-Imperial Fists - Terminators with SS and bolters (can't remember what they are called)

-Blood Angels - Sanguinary Guard or something similiar?

-Iron Hands - Terminators with Power Weapon and Bolter (Gorgons)

-Salamanders - Gravis armor with SS/Flamers (kind of a half firedrake half pyroclast)

-Raven Guard - Phobos with jetpacks and claws (Dark Fury unit)

*Edit: for those who seeing why I missed UM, I didn't. The UM already have their honour guard.

after all that

-MORE TRAITOR GUARD MODELS

Edited by Jarl Caldersson

-New plastic guard regiments done in the same manufacturing style as necromunda models (5 models per sprue, 2 sprues per box).

- Cadians, Armageddon, Vostroyans, Krieg, Valhallans, Catachans, Elysians, Tallarn (same number of necromunda gangs/boxes)

-New Ork Skarboyz (box of 10) and Recut Boyz (box of 20)

-Skitarii Heavy Infantry, Skitarii Artillery, Skitarii Commanders, Skitarii Heavy Support Squads

-Plastic Crusaders, Plastic Missionaries, Plastic Preachers, Plastic Techpriest + Servitor Box

-Plastic Cybernetica. All of them. Each and every one of the beautiful buggers.

A Palatine HQ for Sisters (Sisters equivalent to a Lieutenant, whereas a Canoness is a Captain) and a second Troop choice for Sisters. Whilst I'd prefer a second unit of Sisters, perhaps novice Sisters, I'd be okay with an Administorum unit too.

-Lightning claws for Reivers.

-Some sort of Primaris jump pack assault unit. With at least 2 different weapons options.

-Primaris bikes or jetbike. Particularly characters on them.

- Expand the Harlequins range a little.

- Update all the Aspect Warriors (I know this is likely happening, but I'm impatient.

- Chapter/Legion specific units for both Loyalists and Chaos.

- Infantry options for Knight lists. Household guards or retainers.

- Chaos cultist kit that has more than a handful of poses.