New unit wish listing.

Primaris techmarine in Gravis armour with massive servo harness, invulnerable save bubble for vehicles, and ideally a gaggle of servitors - GW have shown they can do that aesthetic well with Blackstone Fortress and lots of the AdMech range.

Wouldn't mind if he was Tacticus armor to differentiate him more from the IH character. 

This talk about primaris and transports brings up something that I think will be controversial. I want GW to reconcile this old marine vs primaris thing once and for all. It may not be in the next 3-5 years, but the old marines are on their way out, which will inevitably anger quite a few people. 

I want GW to completely side step the issue by giving primaris stat lines to old marines as well as eliminating all of these nonsense transport restrictions.  So +1 wound and attack with bolters getting AP-1 among other things.  This would also setup eventual kits for Primaris Tactical, devastators, Assault, ect.  This would basically be a true scale treatment and people won't have to worry about their armies becoming obsolete.

So I'll just leave this here, and go party.

Tau:

sept units:

- devil fish 2.0

- xv infantry artillary (airburst frag, long range, with a minimum range)

- xv infantry cqc (dual pulse carbines) *xv infantry do not have stealth, but do have flight

- Command and control Drones*

--Drones that you can give aura's to, so they buff different things. infantry, vehicles, suits,etc

--Large

- auxillarys, Kroot redone, Demiurg,

- Gunship diplomat should give "sept" keyword to any auxillary within 12" of the warlord.

- Build your own HQ!

--select armor, stealth, firewarrior, crisis, ghost, rip, tank

-- select load out, select support systems

Probably an unpopular opinion (and about as unrealistic as can be), but I'd pay good money for 6-12 months of releases without a single Marine kit. Lets see some love for Necrons, T'au, Orks, Tyranids, Aeldari, Drukhari, Harlequins, Ynnari, Exodites, Kroot, Guard, Traitor Guard, Dark Mechanicus, Squats and Fishmen. Don't care which of those get releases or what they get. New units, old models making it over to plastic or whatever. Just some more non-Marine variety to the release schedule would be nice.

Probably an unpopular opinion (and about as unrealistic as can be), but I'd pay good money for 6-12 months of releases without a single Marine kit. Lets see some love for Necrons, T'au, Orks, Tyranids, Aeldari, Drukhari, Harlequins, Ynnari, Exodites, Kroot, Guard, Traitor Guard, Dark Mechanicus, Squats and Fishmen. Don't care which of those get releases or what they get. New units, old models making it over to plastic or whatever. Just some more non-Marine variety to the release schedule would be nice.

I'd actually love this as a marine player, once they drop the PA books for the remaining Astarte's armies, as it would give me some time to breath, and have a break from the deluge that is current GW's release schedule. Also marines got a lot of stuff this year, would be good to see the love spread around a bit.

I'd actually love this as a marine player, once they drop the PA books for the remaining Astarte's armies, as it would give me some time to breath, and have a break from the deluge that is current GW's release schedule. Also marines got a lot of stuff this year, would be good to see the love spread around a bit.

To be fair 2018 up until the CSM release in 2019 was a pretty Marine-lite year. We had:

• Nurgle Daemons
  • Knights
  • Orks 
  • GSC
  • Rogue Trader
  • Blackstone Fortress
  • Necromunda

Of the top of my head I think the only major SM release in 2018 was Calgar? Although I do agree that 2019 was over-saturated with Marines. I wouldn't get my hopes up for 2020 either, since if the rumours of 8.5e are true we are bound to see a new Primaris release alongside it. 

But back on topic, the Sabbat Worlds Crusade has made me really want to see an Urdesh-Era Gaunt's Ghosts release for Kill Team.  

- xv infantry cqc (dual pulse carbines) *xv infantry do not have stealth, but do have flight

You do realise that's basically what Stealth Suits with Burst cannons already are, right? :sweat:

A long range fire support travis armored squad.

With the agressor ability to fire twice if they stay still.

A big two handed big brother to the assault Bolter as a primary something like heavy 5, str 5 AP-2 2dmg and a back mounted grenade or bolt weapon that can be replaced with something like the incursors have that lets the unit ignore cover and negative hit modifiers.

A jump pack Tacitus unit that is the equivalent of an assault/vanguard squad. With a rule called something like “vectored correctional thrusters” which allows the unit to move D3” extra when they deep strike.

For knights I would love to see a siege knight! Something with a knight equivalent to a demolisher cannon and a big ol’ shield arm with frag launchers.

For guard I would love to see a true veteran kit or any new regiment that is not cadian or catachan in plastic.

For eldar I want plastic aspect warriors that have not been done yet.

For chaos bring back Legion specific upgrades! And maybe a special unit per Legion.

For daemons I’ve always wanted more monsters. Not daemon princes or greater daemons but big hulking beasts... basically the daemonic equivalent of a carnifex.

For Tau I want them to get squatted

Chaos:

Emperors children corrupted palatine blades

Black legion specific bringers of despair (in Cataphractii armor)

Lost and the damned codex 

Space marines:

Melta version of Hellbasters (rapid fire 18 inch Melta?)

Primaris support squad: armed with a variants of the assault bolters that can be swapped out for a variety of other weapons depending on needs. Souped up rotor cannons, Volkite, etc... 

Edited by Laughingman

What I want isn't really new but I'd like the return of the Ork armoury options from the 3rd edition codex or the current or future codex. Unfortunately Orks have to pay out the nose for most of the options on that list but I would love it. Once again I could field a Nobz mob with a 3+ save and a 5++ caring big shootas and power Klaws or a War boss with a 3+ save and other options. Obviously a lot on that list would have to be reworked for a more modern edition but it's been a long time since Orks had that many options available. I haven't looked at that book in a few years now so I can't say how many options should carry over. I'd like a lot of things from that book back. the spikes and Blades vehicle upgrade was some times really amazing. any missed hots against a vehicle with that option was a hit against the attacking unit. Very Orky. 

Failing that I'd like 2 things one would be some kind of indirect fire weapon with lots of range, some kind of pulsa rokkit and..Better terrain rules for the game. 
Heck while I'm at it I want my Big mek with KFF back and a new Mega Armoured War Boss as well. 

What I want isn't really new but I'd like the return of the Ork armoury options from the 3rd edition codex or the current or future codex. Unfortunately Orks have to pay out the nose for most of the options on that list but I would love it. Once again I could field a Nobz mob with a 3+ save and a 5++ caring big shootas and power Klaws or a War boss with a 3+ save and other options. Obviously a lot on that list would have to be reworked for a more modern edition but it's been a long time since Orks had that many options available. I haven't looked at that book in a few years now so I can't say how many options should carry over. I'd like a lot of things from that book back. the spikes and Blades vehicle upgrade was some times really amazing. any missed hots against a vehicle with that option was a hit against the attacking unit. Very Orky. 

Failing that I'd like 2 things one would be some kind of indirect fire weapon with lots of range, some kind of pulsa rokkit and..Better terrain rules for the game. 

Heck while I'm at it I want my Big mek with KFF back and a new Mega Armoured War Boss as well. 

Something I'd like to see for Orks would be some rocket artillery, a bit like the Exorcist that spews a barrage of (pretty inaccurate) rockets down range. The Forge World Supa Kannon is cool and all, but I like to combine Boom and Dakka together rather than just one or the other. :p

Also, yay for Pulsa Rokkits too. :)

Whole new xenos army unrelated to Nids or Eldar.

Plastic Lucius Warhound

New HH boxset

Start Collecting Age of Darkness

Lost and the Damned codex (combining Traitor Guard, Cultists and Dark Mechanicum)

New Possessed kit

Fulgrim

Noise Marines

Sonic Dreads/Hellbrutes

Angron

Start Collecting Custodes

Loyalist Primarch (The Khan, please :( )

Plastic Techmarine (non-primaris)

SQUATS

Being as I am too fond of both IRL tanks and also FW's Imperial Armour, here's a trio of tank ideas. I'd actually rather these be FW rather than mainstream GW as I mainly thought them up as an excuse to exercise my undying love of interwar and early-WWII armour, and also these were thought up as fluffy units for the sake of variety rather than crunchy/role-filling tanks.

Stheno Heavy Tank:
A "second generation Baneblade" much like the Macharius and Malcador tanks, the Stheno is somewhat rare on most battlefields due to the expensive manufacture methods, rarity of parts and some inherent flaws in its design. The tank makes extensive use of cast components in its armour, and whilst extremely durable due to this, it is also slow and heavy. Most Sthenos are either mothballed for ceremonial use or are used as last-resort tanks, though they have on occasion proved their worth in combat, especially in city fights.

Effectively a 40K-ified Char B1 Bis, lovely rounded shapes and all. Armament consists of a hull-mounted Eradicator Nova Cannon, Demolishor Cannon or Conqueror Cannon, a turret with the option for a Lascannon, Autocannon, Heavy Bolter or Plasma Cannon and sponsons with the same options as the turret. Very tough but also rather slow, effectively a bigger, more durable and slower Leman Russ with the turret and hull reversed.

Pegasus Light Tank:
Another rarer tank on the modern battlefield, the Pegasus is a scout tank making use of a modified Ambithan-pattern Chimera chassis. Nimble and relatively tough for its size class, and able to bear reasonably heavy weapons, the Pegasus was undone by the demise of its parent Forge World. When Ambithan was overrun by an Ork invasion, the pattern for the unique Chimera chassis, and with it the Pegasus, was lost, and as many functions of the Pegasus relied upon features unique to that pattern of Chimera it is not possible to replicate.

A Chimera turned into a light tank, restyled after the SOMUA S35 (because of course) complete with slightly higher profile and more delicious rounded cast armour. As a light tank rather than an APC it loses the transport capacity but gains survivability and also heavier armament- no more lasguns but it keeps the hull options and can have the same turret options as the Stheno, making it a nice nippy little thing.

Doomsword Super-Heavy Tank:

An astoundingly scarce Baneblade derivative, the Doomsword features no less than four turrets, each bearing a weapon usually mounted as the main gun of a Leman Russ battle tank. Whilst in theory this makes it an incredibly versatile machine, in practice it is difficult to command and awkward to use effectively, and as such the tank was swiftly discontinued. It is still utilized by some regiments however, and in the right hands is a potent weapon. Worryingly, when used by traitor forces and corrupted by the ruinous powers it becomes a formidable opponent, as the foul daemonic entities that possess it enable it to overcome the inherent issues faced by mortal crews, and it becomes a nigh-unassailable engine of death.

The ever-versatile Baneblade chassis is ripe for conversion, and in this case it becomes the target of the dreadful (but cool) interwar fad of multi-turret tanks. Rather than the twin-turret arrangement of that one Solar Auxilia tank I've forgotten the name of however, it instead opts for a T-35/Independent awesome foursome of turrets, each with any of the guns available to the Leman Russ in any combination (though more irregular loadouts are more suited to Chaos vehicles) in addition to the usual sponsons. Of course, like those behemoths, commanding the bloody things is a nightmare and so loyalist Doomswords would have some kind of rules handicap to represent the difficulty of relaying orders to four turrets AND sponsons. Traitor Doomswords would get an optional upgrade allowing for them to ignore this, at a steep price.

...And this is why I will never work at GW. :D