Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bringing some of the brutal awesome of Sigmar over?

Chaos

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,180 posts

So. I'm sure a lot of us have taken a look at the Age of Sigmar sculpts for Chaos and thought they looked neat. Sigmar has Chaos Mount cavalry as par for the course, far more impressive and brutal melee weapons... they even do Khorne bunny ear helmets better. How have you, as a player, converted your 40k models to bring over some of that awesome?

• Tipsy Techpriest and Bruce Malcom like this

"All power demands sacrifice and pain. The universe rewards those willing to spill their life's blood for the promise of power." - Sindri Myr

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_15465_989.pnggallery_48988_15465_2505.pnggallery_26154_15777_2719.png

"There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder, we kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE is mindless!" - Azariah Kyras

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,268 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

I've used the old chaos warriors to make my CSM and noise marines (http://www.bolterand...dren/?p=5067816 - if you scroll lower on that page, I have a tutorial on how I did them) and I imagine the new models would serve just as well.

I know the khorne CSM players on B&C have made good use of sigmar models, in particular in updating their berzerkers.  Another model that I've frequently seen ported over in conversions is the slaughter priest, though he's huge in comparison to most other models in the 40K chaos range.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui, 23 December 2019 - 11:04 PM.

Drudge Dreadnought

Drudge Dreadnought

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,688 posts
  • Faction: Chaos, Dark Eldar

I'm just hoping we can get Chaos rules that are as interesting as the AoS ones.

• Bruce Malcom likes this

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,556 posts

Krautscientists excellent Slaughterpriest - Angron Conversion

• Drudge Dreadnought likes this

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 525 posts
Blood warriors for berserkers
Blood reivers for cultists
Khorgoroth for daemon prince
Khorgoth khal as a master of executions

1039314_sm-.jpeg

1021402_sm-Berserkers.jpeg

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,474 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

I'm planning to use the chaos warriors for something, not sure what yet though...

All I can say is that the art and model style from 3rd & 4th ed had a lot of furs and such on the models it feels...

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

MaliGn

MaliGn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,153 posts
I have always raided the fantasy/AOS setting for parts. Be it flagellants for cultists, chaos Knights (the horse kind) for assorted weapons, heads, pauldrons etc. Also lots of things to use as icons to create variety on that front.

Most recently grafting blood warrior torso fronts onto raptors (requires a bit of trimming). Up next? Who knows but there will almost certainly be something.

MadEdric

MadEdric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,144 posts

I loved the Blood Warriors box. It was very easy to add their weapons and heads to even the new chaos models. 

I used the parts for bezerkers and it really is far better than the old bezerker kit.

I used the glaive to create a Lord of Executions, the cestus I've been using as counts as chainswords/ccw.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,340 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I have always raided the fantasy/AOS setting for parts. Be it flagellants for cultists, chaos Knights (the horse kind) for assorted weapons, heads, pauldrons etc. Also lots of things to use as icons to create variety on that front.

Same, even used parts of the Chaos Warriors as a basis for my Space Wolves, cant wait to get my hands on the newer sculpts for another squad of Wolf Guard, or Berzerkers (Wulfen). 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Filkarion

Filkarion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Sublime Sound Seekers

I missed this! The great thing of 40k in general and Chaos in particular is that you can freely add any bits from fantasy and be OK with it! Undead, and Chaos can provide some really good bits/base miniatures, and new ranges of AoS bring new possibilities.

Aside from the well known "Better Berserkers" from blood warriors (they even appear on WHCommunity) Stormcasts can be used to get some "terminator-frame" very different models. They fits well with terminator's arms (especially 30k terminators, I have to say) . Currently I am working on a lord discordant created from the "Stormcast general on drake-thing" from the old box.

Khorne suff from that same set (now aviable as start collecting) is in progress of providing me some bare chested chaos space marines, a Slaneesh Demon prince on foot and a Slaneesh lord.

All that stuff is currently on my WIP post  (Yes, I am advertisingteehee.gif )

I also have some ideas for Warp Talons with a Vampire feeling, but I am still thinking about it (and would be like the 9th open project... I will finish everything, eventuallysweat.gif )

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_2016_Medal_02_Primus_Inter_Pares.gifETL_2016_Badge_08_Badge_of_the_Hero.jpgETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_01.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Xenos_Tyranigallery_48988_15465_18674.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15808_16184.pngMy Sublime Sound Seekers Slaanesh army

The Skull Knight

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users