Valerian and Aleya - thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm unsure how these celebration-events work. Are the models only available on that day or will they just become generally available things from that point on?

Meaning, if I can't make it to a store that day, am I just out of luck?

According to Faeit they'll be on pre-order this weekend. So you should be able to get them via the regular web shop.

They’re not appearing on the NZ site for pre orders this week. Seemed a little strange that they would be released before the dice and other things, so seems to make sense that they don’t appear yet. Another week to wait!

They go up for pre order on 22nd but don't come in stock until next weekend.

They’re not appearing on the NZ site for pre orders this week. Seemed a little strange that they would be released before the dice and other things, so seems to make sense that they don’t appear yet. Another week to wait!

It’s the 22nd in NZ....

It’s the 22nd in NZ....
We don't know what time on the 22nd.

It’s the 22nd in NZ....
We don't know what time on the 22nd.

Seems like there's no preorder today. The community article states, that they will be available starting next week, on the celebration itself.

EDIT: 40€? Although I like the characters in the books, I'm not willing to pay that price for the two unfortunately rather unimpressing sculpts. Too bad. :(

Edited by Kenzaburo

GW aren't doing a pre-order, but a lot of third party suppliers will. I wouldn't worry about missing out on the models as Eisenhorn is still available on the UK site, so they should be available for a fair while after release. Although I suspect these will be slightly more popular if they open up options for a SoS HQ.

Is there a source that confirms they are both HQ choices? I know Valerian is a Shield Captain and Aleya is rumoured to have got a promotion, but I haven't seen anything absolute as of yet.

Will be waiting outside the Warhammer shop next Saturday either way.

GW aren't doing a pre-order, but a lot of third party suppliers will. I wouldn't worry about missing out on the models as Eisenhorn is still available on the UK site, so they should be available for a fair while after release. Although I suspect these will be slightly more popular if they open up options for a SoS HQ.

Is there a source that confirms they are both HQ choices? I know Valerian is a Shield Captain and Aleya is rumoured to have got a promotion, but I haven't seen anything absolute as of yet.

Will be waiting outside the Warhammer shop next Saturday either way.

img_2102.jpg

Yeah it not being on GW has confused the heck out of me, ordered em off Lvlup in the end as i cant guarantee getting into town. Though i did debate the "Free" book v saving a fiver for a while lol

I’m more intrigued by the fact that the box states „Talons of the emperor“. Maybe they will finally be in one list as it is supposed to be...

I don’t want „cheap battalions“ with SoS but I’d like to have them as one full army which complements each other.

$42.50 on Amazon, I appreciate they're plastic but I don't like the poses so I'll just look for the rules online.  Please be in a single army list, please be in a single army list, please be in a single army list...

I swear to god if they don't make SoS troops instead of Elites I'll cry.

I don't mind if they're not troops, I just want them in the book.  If they're troops then I think most players would try using them as MSU spam instead of an elite anti-pskyer squad.  I feel like Custodes should be the meat and potatoes of a Talons list with Sisters supporting rather than the other way around.  

Edited by Fajita Fan