2020 wishes

IMHO.

Fearless...

Castelan Axe and Spear : Rapide Fire 2 (for better basic saturation) or change for Assault 2. (For better projection on the table and saturation).

Castellan axe and spear : Melee Damage 2 not D3.

Vertus Praetors :

Melta Missile : Heavy 2 or heavy 1 but 3+d3 damage.

Flak Missile : Heavy 3.

New rules for Binding Oaths (Custodian Warden) Like Litany for Space Marines chaplain for example.

New rules like combat doctrine and shock assault to be at the level of space marines.

New stratagem and relic.

I think a shock assault style rule makes perfect sense for Custodes. If going into a fight with a Space Marine causes dread, imagine the terror of facing a being even better then that.

I imagine we'll get something along those lines, although I hope there are plenty more buffs to come too.

Let me start from the top.

1. Roll sisters of silence into the Custodes Codex already
2. Better Auras. Right now, we have 1 way to reroll to wound through Trajann

3. Improve current ruleset to give custodes a 5+ feel no pain against (ALL) mortal wounds, a 6+ FNP just doesn't do anything against the sheer volume of mortal wounds out there.
4. Some kind of shock assault style rule, or some kind of 'always strikes first' rule.

5. Re-Worked Relics and Re-worked warlord traits. Right now people always take the same thing, the others need to be better.

6. Improve CP costs of stratagems, and re-work stratagems which provide no value. (+1 to morale checks? Seriously?)

7. Spears go to flat 2 damage in melee
8. Axes and fists go to flat 3 damage in melee
9. Spears and axes become Assault 2.

I'm okay with the Sisters being rolled in as long as they can be run on their own as well. Which at minimum means an HQ, ideally a troops choice as well. Lazy way could be to move the Boltersquad to troops and leave the rest as Elites...but more choice would be nice. I have 60 of the ladies sitting around, gathered slowly through ebay and in various statws of unbuilt to base-coated. :p

I'm okay with the Sisters being rolled in as long as they can be run on their own as well. Which at minimum means an HQ, ideally a troops choice as well. Lazy way could be to move the Boltersquad to troops and leave the rest as Elites...but more choice would be nice. I have 60 of the ladies sitting around, gathered slowly through ebay and in various statws of unbuilt to base-coated. :tongue.:

This for me exactly. I want SoS to be more playable, so opening up the potential for them to join Custodes as Talons of the Emperor is great. But I'm more likely to use them with my SoB/ Hereticus forces, so I'd like to see new units which make that better. I mean, I can attach Inquisitors to Null Maiden Vanguards, but ever since GW made battalions and brigades the driving forces behind CP generation, they really made the game suck for subfactions that can only be fielded as Vanguards, Outriders or Spearheads. Especially when you're up against someone who believes the three detachment per army limit is a rule and not a suggestion. 

Reading through the Adepta Sororitas Codex has given me more wish-listing ideas. I would love to see more wargear available for Inquisitors as part of a multipart plastic kit (which, per GW's current modus operandi would be a sine qua non of ever having such options):

- Null Rod

- Rosarius

- Condemnor Boltgun

- Relic Weapons