Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2020 wishes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Ulfast

Ulfast

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 422 posts

Actually, a very sad but anyway a wish would be for GW to make regular space marines worse. They are so powerful right now. That would help us custodes even if it´s not a wish about our army.

Nemisor

Nemisor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 624 posts

I'd love to see Custodes get a mono faction bonus of 5+++ and maybe ignore -1 & -2 ap

also some new strats like an advance and charge or 3d6 charge etc would be nice

Edited by Nemisor, 20 January 2020 - 06:45 PM.

Alpha Legion Log

http://www.bolterand...ra-wakes-redux/

i1aQnlh.jpg?1

Aubéron

Aubéron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 169 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

IMHO.

Fearless...

Castelan Axe and Spear : Rapide Fire 2 (for better basic saturation) or change for Assault 2. (For better projection on the table and saturation).

Castellan axe and spear : Melee Damage 2 not D3.

Vertus Praetors :

Melta Missile : Heavy 2 or heavy 1 but 3+d3 damage.

Flak Missile : Heavy 3.

New rules for Binding Oaths (Custodian Warden) Like Litany for Space Marines chaplain for example.

New rules like combat doctrine and shock assault to be at the level of space marines.

New stratagem and relic.

gallery_62972_10568_30745.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei05.gifETL_Medal_02.gif

NKirkham24

NKirkham24

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 64 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Deathwatch

I think a shock assault style rule makes perfect sense for Custodes. If going into a fight with a Space Marine causes dread, imagine the terror of facing a being even better then that.

I imagine we'll get something along those lines, although I hope there are plenty more buffs to come too.

Armies: Ultramarines, Deathwatch, Custodes, Imperial Knights.
For the Emperor!

MustertheCustards

MustertheCustards

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
Fearless would be awesome!

BaconCouch

BaconCouch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 66 posts

Let me start from the top.

1. Roll sisters of silence into the Custodes Codex already
2. Better Auras. Right now, we have 1 way to reroll to wound through Trajann

3. Improve current ruleset to give custodes a 5+ feel no pain against (ALL) mortal wounds, a 6+ FNP just doesn't do anything against the sheer volume of mortal wounds out there.
4. Some kind of shock assault style rule, or some kind of 'always strikes first' rule.

5. Re-Worked Relics and Re-worked warlord traits. Right now people always take the same thing, the others need to be better.

6. Improve CP costs of stratagems, and re-work stratagems which provide no value. (+1 to morale checks? Seriously?)

7. Spears go to flat 2 damage in melee
8. Axes and fists go to flat 3 damage in melee
9. Spears and axes become Assault 2.

40k Armies I Own

Necrons (10,000 Points)

Custodes (3000 Points)

Space Marines (3500 Points)

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 518 posts
Yeah, shock assault. 6+ fnp. Access to higher damage melee weapons (even if only as relics/ ‘master crafted/ artisan of war)

And sisters of silence!

Edited by dice4thedicegod, 24 January 2020 - 06:44 PM.

sairence

sairence

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts
I'm okay with the Sisters being rolled in as long as they can be run on their own as well. Which at minimum means an HQ, ideally a troops choice as well. Lazy way could be to move the Boltersquad to troops and leave the rest as Elites...but more choice would be nice. I have 60 of the ladies sitting around, gathered slowly through ebay and in various statws of unbuilt to base-coated. :P
gallery_30308_9518_8251.png

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

I'm okay with the Sisters being rolled in as long as they can be run on their own as well. Which at minimum means an HQ, ideally a troops choice as well. Lazy way could be to move the Boltersquad to troops and leave the rest as Elites...but more choice would be nice. I have 60 of the ladies sitting around, gathered slowly through ebay and in various statws of unbuilt to base-coated. tongue.png

This for me exactly. I want SoS to be more playable, so opening up the potential for them to join Custodes as Talons of the Emperor is great. But I'm more likely to use them with my SoB/ Hereticus forces, so I'd like to see new units which make that better. I mean, I can attach Inquisitors to Null Maiden Vanguards, but ever since GW made battalions and brigades the driving forces behind CP generation, they really made the game suck for subfactions that can only be fielded as Vanguards, Outriders or Spearheads. Especially when you're up against someone who believes the three detachment per army limit is a rule and not a suggestion. 

• Noserenda likes this

Oxumus Prime

Oxumus Prime

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
5 plus FNP army wide for custodes, strategems for forgeworld units and maybe increase the transport capacity of current transports
  • noigrim likes this

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,873 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition
I don’t play Custodes but I feel they should really be the best of the best on the tabletop not just fluff. So I’m good with all these wishes provided they come with an appropriate price.
Lord Inquisitor Soulis' Ordo Hereticus Strikeforce: WIP Thread (update 21/01/20 Four new =][= Stormtroopers complete)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nicodemus Doloroso

Nicodemus Doloroso

++ LEGIFER EXLEGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,873 posts
  • Faction: Inquisition

Reading through the Adepta Sororitas Codex has given me more wish-listing ideas. I would love to see more wargear available for Inquisitors as part of a multipart plastic kit (which, per GW's current modus operandi would be a sine qua non of ever having such options):

- Null Rod

- Rosarius

- Condemnor Boltgun

- Relic Weapons

Lord Inquisitor Soulis' Ordo Hereticus Strikeforce: WIP Thread (update 21/01/20 Four new =][= Stormtroopers complete)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users