=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

After the disappearance of the 4th Expansion Sphere of the Tau, splintered remnants of the Ghostwalker Colony Defence Force have turned up in strange places, at strange times, all across the Ultima Segmentum.

These oddly-displaced Tau are always fearsome opponents - often arriving out of nowhere and rushing for any supplies they can find or use, with no limit to the amount of lethal force they are willing to employ in what appears to be a desperate bid for survival.

So far there only appears to be one constant in their appearances. Each time the Ghostwalker Colony Defence Force arrives on a world, they are always glancing over their shoulders, as though expecting pursuit.

Given the Defence Force's reputation for steadfastness before the collapse of the Expansion Sphere, one can only imagine exactly what they're running from.

--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

gallery_46204_9220_80040.jpg

Vow complete! :biggrin.:
I have had far too much fun building and painting these - the crisis suits more than make up for how draining the Fire Warriors felt to paint.

I may have to get more at some point...
But there's still plenty left in my pile of shame to get through for now. :sweat:

Below (if the spoiler tags are working) are a couple of extra pictures, including one with the first crisis suit from my last vow, whose feet are now the right way around. :laugh.:

He's had to tilt forward slightly thanks to the repose, but his two colleagues are doing the "aim down sight" thing better than he was anyway, so I suppose it's no huge loss.

gallery_46204_9220_207899.jpggallery_46204_9220_49495.jpg

So after writing the lore for Legionnaire Khallorg, I couldn't resist going back and giving him a hazard stripe to mark him out and give him a bit more Iron Warrior flavour. This followed after finding a decent recipe for a gritty hazard stripe I used on the second squad of Iron Warriors.

49690745703_9372151d13_c.jpg

In game these guys act as a mostly standard bolter + plasma squad, but I can have a bit more fun kitting them out in Kill Team. The guy on the far left is the least individualized model in the squad, so I didn't write fluff for him.

Close behind the heels of the Third Squad of Eighth Company, the veterans of the First Squad of Fourth Company have arrived. Fierce rivals, the Fourth and Eighth Company legionnaires regularly compete for infamy in the VIIth Grand Battalion, a cruel echo of honour challenges that once bound the VIIth into a cohesive force.

49691590297_111074cdb4_c.jpg

Honoured Sergeant Pyrrhus is among the oldest of the legionnaires in the VIIth Grand Battalion. A warrior hailing from old Olympia, and who had fought alongside the Triumvirate Warsmiths of the VIIth, Pyrrhus still wields the combi-flamer and power fist with which he assaulted the walls of Terra itself.

49690745958_5c91805e45_c.jpg

Legionnaire Rahm is the butcher of First Squad. A killer most at home the thick of melee, Rahm is prone to an intense expenditure of ammunition - covering his own advance against his targets, or willfully expending ammunition to force himself into the bloody fray, it's unclear. His disregard for tactical order is tolerated only by the grace of his skill, that has seen First Squad through many of their engagements.

49691590177_9505220dc2_c.jpg

Although neither the butcher nor the consummate veteran of First Squad, Honoured Legionnaire Bhull is the right hand of Pyrrhus, and a fearsome presence on the battlefield in his own right. His helm and weapon marked in hazard stripes, and the sigil of his legion on his shoulder, Bhull has carved a bloody path through countless enemies. Where Pyrrhus is experienced, Bhull is intuitive. Where Rahm is brutish, Bhull is precise. Having fought on Olympia, at Phall, Terra, the Iron Cage, and a dozen other storied engagements besides, Bhull is among the most lethal of the VIIth - and even more so when Pyrrhus unleashes him as a lone operative.

49691281401_f85c6f524b_c.jpg49691589992_2d94a2b609_c.jpg

Legionnaire Krawl is among the most loathed warriors of all the VIIth Grand Battalion. Although his predilection for proselytizing the beneficence of the dark powers has been blamed by many brothers for his foul afflictions, his brothers in First Squad know the truth, and suffer him for it. His mutations are not the marks of favour of a willing preacher, but a punishing agony that tortures his psyche. Once the most fervent opponent of anything straying from the Imperial Truth, his daily prayers are now the only means for reprieve from agony.

49691286236_d886214db0_c.jpg 

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

I, Gore Crow, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of March pledge to complete eight dirty-traitor-titan crotch-flags to the defense of the Imperial Faction by month's end. May they turn the tide.

ywqYK1xm.jpg?2

(Do these count?)

March vow finished 

Edit: and I guess I managed to find four more?

MTtggkMm.jpg

And applied to my dudes:

4iyGdV0h.jpg

Edited by Gore Crow

2 Months down, 10 to go! I'm impressed I have gotten this far and earned an Artificer mark too, which I'd never have expected or looked for. My thanks, Grotsmasha!

So, onto this Vow:

I Brother Cambrius, do vow to complete 1 Techmarine and 1 Captain of the Vanquishers before the end of March 2020:

med_gallery_26154_4148_89716.jpg

Cambrius

Well it's been a tumultuous time for me in the past 2 weeks courtesy of COVID, but yesterday after my morning Radio Show I managed to break out the paint pots on my day off to finish up only my second ever Techmarine in 13 years of the hobby!

Thus we have Techmarine Horal Perron of the Fourth Company:

gallery_26154_6860_330177.jpg

"The blessed war-machines shall never tire in the face of the enemy whilst I still draw breath."

Only took me 9 years to finish him after stripping them from their thick paintjob prison from an eBay lot.

Still got my Captain to complete, but depending on Boris' 3 week lockdown and how it affects my work, I might be more busy or less busy...

Cambrius

A harsh, juddering grind of rusting gears punctuated the low rumble of the treads tearing the ground apart, as the mortar rose steadily into position. A dull, wet thud echoed from the barrel, its deadly payload soaring towards the ruined Hive in the distance. As the engine ground onward, the sickly  sound of unnatural decay could be heard faintly in the distance, as another region of the planet became utterly inimical to life. The daemon confined within the engine felt nothing, its long confinement having reduced the once jovial being to naught but an age-worn tool to be used by its master. The gears slowly ground into motion once more, another shell loaded to continue the bombardment as the forces of Chaos advanced under the darkness of night.

12 Months - Vow 5 - 1

The engine continued its inexorable advance, leaving a blackened, rotting trail in its wake.

(Vow Complete)

Also vowed for the March of Machines and wish to make that a fourth vow for the month:

If I am not too late for entering this competition:

I, Brother Argent, vow on the honour of my Chapter, the Iron Heralds (long estranged scions of Ferrus) to paint two (2) Space Marine Lieutenants; one with master crafted boltgun and the other with twin lightening claws and jump pack to a total of 151pts by the 31st of March. I will not fail.

gallery_36568_16061_26989.jpg

Edited by Brother Argent

A week later and my Incursors are getting closer to completion. Definitely not Speed Demon-performance :P
They are all at the same level now as this guy here:
med_gallery_105306_14251_715388.jpg

Which means I still have at least one more highlight for the edges of the armour, highlights of the leather straps and pouches, some touch-ups on the metallics, eye lenses, scope lenses, all the other lenses.... grenades, occasional purity seals and then bases. Oh, and decals, and squad markings.

Cheers guys, stay safe and don't let the virus affect your minds! :)

So many great paintjobs and cool models in here! Hard to comment on them all individually, but really great work everyone.

Completely agreed - I haven't seen a painted model in this thread that didn't make me go "that's pretty cool". :happy.:

We're knocking it out of the park here, brothers. Let's keep it up! :biggrin.:

EDIT:

Left a word out again. This is becoming a bad habit of mine! :sweat:

Edited by Ace Debonair

Vow complete.

czIZKO6.jpg?1

Not super pleased with these in terms of the quality of the paint job but the idea was just to have a play with Contrast paints.  I'd like to know which you lot think is the better scheme to use on my Fleshhounds.

Vow complete.

czIZKO6.jpg?1

Not super pleased with these in terms of the quality of the paint job but the idea was just to have a play with Contrast paints.  I'd like to know which you lot think is the better scheme to use on my Fleshhounds.

I think the darker ridges and horns will suit the Flesh hounds :tu:

- Place the mine, Angio and let's be gone from here - voxed Brother Sergeant Temiel on squad's internal frequency and and then switched to command - Delta-T to Red-Dawn, objective secured, resistance neutralised, no casualties. Advancing towards secondary Kappa.
- Acknowledged Delta-T. Angelspeed!

He does indeed, thought Temiel signalling for for his brothers of the 5th squad to move out.

Red-armoured forms emerged from the gloom of the cave stepping over the still twitching mauled forms of the traitors dispatched barely a minute ago. They moved quickly south and towards their target designated Kappa under the tormented sky.

I declare my second vow completed :smile.:
5 Battle Brothers of the Blood Angels 5th Company, 5th 'Temiel' Squad Incursors

gallery_105306_14251_373985.jpg

Edit: excuse the still wet decals :)

Edited by Majkhel

Vow complete! Just have to add I HATE edge highlighting!! Whoever invented that needs a kick in the nads. Anyway enough moaning here’s my Silver Templar & Howling Griffon of the Deathwatch.

WDjuWTml.jpg

9a9TpLDl.jpg

XK76Cn0l.jpg

Since taking these pics I have tidied up the rim of the bases. 

Roll on next month. 

I, Wolf Guard Einar , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of March pledge to complete 9 Imperial Knights, 2 Cerastus and 1 Poly to the defence of the Imperium Faction by month's end.

Yup this is a redo of all I have done so far....

Porphyrion is complete...

Pic of all my knights redone... I will do the transfers and stuff in the next few days.

And with the Porphyrion complete so is my vow for March.

I, toaae, in the month of March, for the glory of the Xenos faction, vow to paint to completion one Adepta Sororitas Retributors squad.

med_gallery_14776_14614_777033.jpg

It took longer than I expected, but I present the culmination of a 12-year dream, my first, plastic, Sisters of Battle unit!

gallery_14776_16207_605101.jpg