=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I, toaae, for the glory of the Xenos faction, pledge the following models for the month of April:

Canoness

Imagifier

12 Battle Sisters

So, I did not get all those sisters done. I did make sure to finish one of them, however:

med_gallery_14776_16207_192376.jpg

As a follow-up, I'll be finishing the remaining vow.

I, toaae, for the glory of the Xenos faction, pledge the following models for the month of May:
Canoness
12 Battle Sisters
med_gallery_14776_14614_692629.jpg

Wow. Love that Sororitats colour scheme, toaae!

Perturabo's sons are normally not known for their speed, but these are an exception.

Kjm2obN.jpg

And since there's a lot of month left at the end of the Marines: I, TPS, vow to paint a Legion Praetor and redo an old metal Lictor (ebay rescue), to the defense of the Xenos, until the end of May.

1vRZm7y.jpg

Edited by TPS

Hey Grotsmasha, can i vow some battlefleet gothic ships for the may vow? I have found some 30k horus heresy rules, i have some ships to repaint.

You can paint anything that is board appropriate, so BFG i all good :tu:

Last year, I failed.  My zeal and inner fire proved insufficient to the task.  I failed the God-Emperor, and I failed all of humanity.  NO MORE! The Praetorian Crusade returns to scour the foul Chaos and Xenos filth.  For the Emperor!  For Dorn!

I, Crovan, pledge for the month of May to complete an Intercessor Sergeant, Castellan with Power axe and combi-melta, High Marshal Helbrecht, Chaplain Grimaldus, three Cenobyte Servitors, and The Emperor's Champion in the name of the God Emperor by month's end.

IMG 20200502 105400

Edited by Crovan

12MoH April Finish

Well, 3 of 12 is still better than zero of twelve.

I realized that I do not yet have the skills or tools to properly do the desert base I want to for the sandcrons, so they're on hold for a while.

Never before in my long hobbying career have I hated and loved models so much at the same time. With a crappy cluttered pic I declare my late April vow complete:

gallery_36568_16061_6086.jpg

Photo is rather washed out but I just need to declare them done and move on as they are doing my head in. My lack of decent paint brushed that actually last more then one or two models is driving my mad as well but I will survive.

Now to decide what to do for May. I am also needing to figure out what I am doing for the Iron Gauntlet Challenge the Second as I don't want to paint something I intended for that. To add a further challenge GW is still shut down in Aus so no access to Mechanicus Standard Grey spray which is what I base most of my armies with.

Hey Grot, would the two Thermic Plasma Conduit sprues that come with Conquest count for a seriously? I am trying for one every month.

May

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 1x Space Marine bike, 1x Tactical Marine, 1x Terminator, 1x Contemptor arm, 1x Predator autocannon to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_823558.jpg

To do:
~ Bike needs stripping further, new armament, re-basing, fixing, painting to full

~ Terminator needs re-basing, painting to full

~ Tactical needs re-positioning, painting to full

~ Contemptor arm needs a magent, painting to full

~ Autocannon needs painting

Brother Argent, those sisters of silence turned out nice given the short timeframe.

SufficientAnonymity, great work on the Zephyrim. How easy was it to make them work with the ruins on their bases and how stable are they?

I, Trokair , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete a number of Tau XV15 Stealth Suits by month's end.

gallery_29932_13461_58987.jpg

A few years ago I striped and painted 5 of my XV15 for a Kill Team game series. For this month I hope to finish the last guy in the unit and if I can find the time do another unit of 6. The paint scheme was also fairly simple from what I recall (even with the gemstone effects on various parts) so that’s a boon as I think I will be pressed for time this month and still need to do a good chunk of the Iron Gauntlet Challenge 1 before the deadline.

SufficientAnonymity, great work on the Zephyrim. How easy was it to make them work with the ruins on their bases and how stable are they?

Thank you. They're very stable on the bases, surprisingly - I guess the Sisters are such fine models that a big chunky lump of scenery is enough to balance them. It was really quite straightforward to put together. I did the backpacks and banner as separate subassemblies but otherwise they were painted exactly as-is. There isn't even any pinning in them.

As promised yesterday evening, pretty photo:

rOyIV2y.jpg

---

MAY VOW: I, SufficientAnonymity, in penance for my hubris in April and near-failure of my vow, pledge nine Sisters Repentia for the Order of the Iron Veil.

PN92f5l.jpg

A few years ago I striped and painted 5 of my XV15 for a Kill Team game series. For this month I hope to finish the last guy in the unit and if I can find the time do another unit of 6. The paint scheme was also fairly simple from what I recall (even with the gemstone effects on various parts) so that’s a boon as I think I will be pressed for time this month and still need to do a good chunk of the Iron Gauntlet Challenge 1 before the deadline.

Could anyone fill me in on that Iron Gauntlet thing? I keep reading about it in this thread.

My first day off in a new month; time to kick things up a notch. :happy.:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete Nine (9) Battle Sisters of the Order of the Iron Tower to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

I've got to get plenty of work done in the next month or so, after all. :ermm:

Here's my 'before' pic:

gallery_46204_9220_15021.jpg

Kind of a long way to go, I'm sure you'll agree! :sweat:

I reckon I'll only get one sister done this evening, but every stroke of the brush is a step forward.
Onward to victory!:happy.:

EDIT: This sister specifically, if all goes according to plan:
gallery_46204_9220_152964.jpg

Edited by Ace Debonair