=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 7 harlequin players and a re-vowed shadowseer (Masque of the soaring spite) and 5 mymeara guardians to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

sml_gallery_141590_15861_119774.jpg

sml_gallery_141590_15861_824157.jpg

sml_gallery_141590_15861_45098.jpg

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete for the Imperium a Deathwatch Terminator Captain and a Deathwatch Terminator Librarian by month's end.

P 20200707 231522

They need basing for sure, but I'd like to tweak the higlights as well. Should be ready in no time.

Managed to finish my shadowseer this morning. I've not had chance to post before the 24 hours were up for the speed daemon, will it still count Grot? Rudely work got in the way!

gallery_141590_16070_197462.jpg

Also completed my vow for the badab event

So my vow is complete. The Delphian and Lileath's awakening. gallery_141590_16070_555549.jpg

Edit: managed to get a group shot Edited by Dwango

Cheers rogue! I both love and loath doing the diamonds in equal measure! The gun is an attempt at an crystal effect but with something other than blue. Not sure I've achieved it but hey, it looks OK!

Managed to finish my shadowseer this morning. I've not had chance to post before the 24 hours were up for the speed daemon, will it still count Grot? Rudely work got in the way!

gallery_141590_16070_197462.jpg

I've been allowing a little wiggle room for Speed Demon :tu:

Also, when is the month summary for June going to be up?

Now, June Summary :tu:

I will not be finishing Ghazghkull in time. I'm actually very close, but I still have some touch-ups to do, a wash, and then the last layer of weathering and I don't want to rush such a glorious model. Lockdown-malaise has really effected my productivity.

On the upside, my vow for July will be very quick, after the holiday :smile.:

I, toaae, for the glory of the Xenos faction, pledge for the month of July to complete Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

med_gallery_14776_14614_538310.jpg

And I finished him, finally!

gallery_14776_14604_1405029.jpg
gallery_14776_14604_183114.jpg
gallery_14776_14604_946695.jpg
gallery_14776_14604_330335.jpg
gallery_14776_14604_934411.jpg
gallery_14776_14604_589330.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I need to nab that Speed Demon :)

I got totally absorbed doing those dark armour panels and spent all day happily painting away, with a short break to get food and securing an Indomitus box from my FLGS. Can't wait to get that thing near my brushes! Vow complete!

PQwWBFS.jpg

LDgQRY3.jpg

5BZNxYA.jpg

Test scheme for my plague marines done! Just need to do bases now! Going to do a new scheme there too, the old one was a bit bland under normal lighting.

All done with Contrast, apart from metals, weathering and edge highlighting. Really like the 50/50 mix of nazdreg yellow and militarum green - I've dubbed it 'plague green'.

http://i.imgur.com/pdsC25Pl.jpg

Daemon-worshippers destroyed, armaments repurposed, IVth ready to ruin any fortification's day. Vow complete!

yBHdEOz.jpg

Love the paint job here! Out of curiosity, why the blue-ish coloured right pauldrons?

@Grotsmasha, a question for you - are we able to vow the application of varnish to a model? I picked some up recently and need to coat my collection.

I wouldn't vow to varnish models I've already painted in this challenge, even if I could that would feel wrong, but can I vow to varnish other models previously completed?

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

Love the paint job here! Out of curiosity, why the blue-ish coloured right pauldrons?

They are survivors of the first invasion of Paramar V. After their retreat, they altered their colours, to remind them never to trust a traitor (especially an Alpha Legionnaire) again.

It also looks nice when I 'borrow' the Siege Tyrants via the Coils of the Hydra RoW. :)

They are survivors of the first invasion of Paramar V. After their retreat, they altered their colours, to remind them never to trust a traitor (especially an Alpha Legionnaire) again.

It also looks nice when I 'borrow' the Siege Tyrants via the Coils of the Hydra RoW. :smile.:

Great idea! and great way to tie in the lore!

A little bit later in the month than I usually peldge, but here's my July pledge - three Eliminators for my Black Templars "Witchfinder Squad Pulsifer" and two Priests/Missionaries/Preachers for my Sororitas, Fathers William and Paul.

iapwztl.jpg

Hey folks! RL got me pretty roughly last month so only now I'm able to get back to the hobby.

Gonna start late with the Suppressor that was not finished last month:

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JULY vow to complete 1 Suppressor to the defence of the IMPERIUM by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_996107.jpg

Great stuff everyone! It's good to be back :)

Pledge of two Death Guard complete. I really like how these bases turned out on the first attempt - definitely not bland! Next set I think I will try and add some bubbles to the slime. Overall though, really happy with these and think I've finally found a scheme that looks nice in normal lighting as well as under my painting light, and isn't insanely hard to do. Now I just need to paint up the rest of the army...

http://i.imgur.com/SZAfJCqh.jpg

Doing the diffuse light to get the minis lit well means you don't see quite how slimey they look IRL.

UYjwRUth.jpg