=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Thanks to everyone for your support!!!!

I join the long term vow!!!!!

I, Mandaloriano , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the year of 2020 pledge to complete a Chaos Warhound Titan to the defence of the Chaos Faction by year's end.

Also next month I will add some units of my L&T vow.

49440518842_8ee67e9ce5_w.jpg

49440521157_1ee1e0ebee_w.jpg

49440299121_daa5a4fd9c_w.jpg

Just to demonstrate I'm still alive, some progress!

I'm still waiting on some basing supplies, but should be arriving Monday or Tuesday; plenty of time to get the bases finished....

BJiUrMkh.jpg

So while I'm waiting, I'll try and sneak in this Chosen Champion too.

Y9F0gX2l.jpg

Edited by Arkhanist

Finished the Bonebreaka!

med_gallery_14776_14604_412125.jpg

It was nice having a fully painted army at LVO. I got a lot of compliments, a lot of random people stopping as they walked by to check it out, and even got my models shared on Forge the Narrative's facebook! So, it was well worth finishing the 20 grots and bonebreaka for the event.

Just to double-check something:

Even if I'm vowing my models for Chaos in this event, I can count entirely seperate stuff like, say, Tyranid Warriors as part of this challenge, right?

I'm only picking an example at random and am totally not about to paint me some rad-as-heck big bugs. :whistling:

Just to double-check something:

Even if I'm vowing my models for Chaos in this event, I can count entirely seperate stuff like, say, Tyranid Warriors as part of this challenge, right?

I'm only picking an example at random and am totally not about to paint me some rad-as-heck big bugs. :whistling:

Yup, your nids would count.

Heck I'm doing mostly xenos for this month and I'm pledging for Imperial.

Happy days! :happy.:

Now all I need to do is work out what to paint first. :laugh.:

EDIT:

I'll work it out as I go. Painting time! :biggrin.:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of January, I pledge to complete 1 (One) Tyranid warrior to the defence of the Chaos Faction (it's a very confused 'nid) by month's end.

Edited by Ace Debonair

++-- Message Incoming --++
==--==--==--==--==--==--==
Clearance Code: CN5-TT6-AMK-35-28
==--==--==--==--==--==--==
Decoding:
=

Master; forgive the tardiness of my report. Urgent news has required my attention.

There is a saying; "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

I do not believe whoever coined that saying considered all of the options.

Two days prior to my writing, the vile traitors called the Hollow Knights launched a raid on the new colony, up past the forests of Gisvael.

There were too few armed guards in the new settlement, and far too many casualties after the fact.

However, fate conspired to make things worse still.

Almost as though summoned to the slaughter, we found ourselves beset by a wild splinter of the Mad Hive Fleet, Goliandr. The frenzied monsters thereof threw themselves at the Hollow Knights, clawing and stabbing anything in power armour with a burning fury. The Knights, damn them, fought right back, guns booming and blades swinging with fevered energy.

It was a disgusting riot of killing and eating, both factions trying to outright consume the other.

Fortunately, both sides were so engrossed in their battle with each other that we were able to alert the Histian 7th and 8th regiments, who proceeded to bombard the area with artillery for six hours.

The handful of survivors on both sides continued to kill and devour each other until the infantry rolled in and finished them all off.

We cannot be sure this is the last we've seen of either the accursed Traitors or the thrice-damned aliens, but the governor is making an attempt to contact nearby systems to place them on alert.

I will contact you as soon as I have further news.

Yours in servitude;
Timareus

P.S. Enclosed is a pict-capture of one of the Mad Hive's servants, a brutish giant amongst the gibbering hordes. A leader or some kind, perhaps - we do not yet know enough about Goliandr's inner workings to be sure.

gallery_46204_9220_98102.jpg

--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==

VOW 2 Completed! :biggrin.:

You know what's addictive?

Painting 'Nids.
I started, and then just couldn't quite stop - I've been promising myself I'd go to bed any second now for the last three hours! :ermm:

I'd forgotten how much fun the bugs were to work with, and the Tyranid Warrior kit is easily my favourite one of the lot so far!
The hardest part was settling on a loadout - there's so many bits to pick from!

Oh yeah, I also tried my hand at a bit of a pattern on the back of the warrior, pics in the spoiler below:

gallery_46204_9220_90905.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_22597.jpg

Right, I think I've earned a night's sleep now! :laugh.:

EDIT:

Just realised I haven't finished the feet or the teeth - I'm one good agrax wash away from Big Bug being completely finished. :wallbash:

Not a problem, except I've just put all the paints away. :wallbash:

That's a job for tomorrow now, I think!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Well it has been a mad month of intense duties and responsibilities beyond this hallowed place and the hobby itself, but I think I might get this vow done before the month is out. Final details and sorting out iconography and I think I'll be complete with my first Primaris Vanquishers of 5th Squad, Resilient (4th) Company.

med_gallery_26154_4148_587627.jpg

Let's keep at it!

Cambrius

A faint whistling sound echoed through the hallways aboard the Will of the Phaeron, heralding the arrival of the Admiral Tanzer the Whistler to the flagship's bridge. Several lesser lords and Lychguard stood to attention as he entered the bridge, drawing their claws to their throats in the traditional Naculan salute. Tanzer idly returned it, slashing his voidblade across his neck, before turning to the command dias and setting upon the data-throne that commanded the flagship. He relaxed slightly, as data-probes connected to the base of his skull. Information flooded into his mind, telling him every minute detail and fact that the ship could tell him.

He began to parse the information, and paused on a file that Intelligence had flagged as important. He opened it, and blitzed through it with speeds unknown to any being but a machine. 'Interesting,' he thought. 'This must be communicated to the Phaeron as soon as is practicable.' Practicable, here, meant running through and dealing with internal ship datapoints and the like. It took him forty-seven point seven three seconds to read and respond to the other files and data, and four point three seconds later he was stood erect and walking off the throne dias to his ready room, one of the three that adjoined the bridge (the other two were reserved for the ship's Commander and the Phaeron himself, both of whom would take command as the tides of time and war swept them to and fro). Once inside, he sat at his data-lectern and opened the priority line to the crownworld of Seranon, where his liege-lord and master Sarnakh the Sunderer, Phaeron of the Naculan Dynasty, reigned supreme over his dynasty.

Seventy-seven point four seconds passed as he waited for the Phaeron to open the link on his end. When he did, a shimmering red holographic visage of the Phaeron appeared before Admiral Tanzer, who drew his voidblade to his neck immediately. The Phaeron returned the salute in kind with his own weapon before leaning forward and barking one word. "Report."

Tanzer spoke quickly and without embellishment. "MIlord Phaeron, I have news of an identified asset that may be of use to our allies in the Αυγή Λεπίδες, if you wish to act upon it. A crashed but mostly intact battlecruiser of some variety, I believe. A gift to our allies would go a long way towards ensuring their aid in the future, especially in this time of seeming galactic turmoil. Strengthening our pact is in both our interests."

The Phaeron was silent for a few seconds as he parsed the information. He gestured off-screen, briefly, then returned his attention to his Admiral. "Execute as you see fit, Admiral. You will have regal assistance shortly." With that, he saluted once more and signed off point oh three seconds after it was returned.

Tanzer considered his master's words. A royal blank cheque was nothing to scoff at. He had a chance to really do something interesting for once, after cycles and cycles spent battling Tyranids and overseeing the revivification of the Naculan fleet assets scattered across the galaxy, and maybe break something in person. And also maybe get Lady Zetak out and doing something productive for once, as opposed to sitting and whining that she was bored. Maybe he'd press-gang a couple of her crypteks and see if that motivated her to do anything....A sall rictus of metal approximated a smirk.
He wouldn't regret it one bit, no matter what happened. Court politics followed every Necrontyr. It was in their nature, and it had been far too long since he'd let that part of himself out to play.

I, Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch of the Dawn Blades chapter and Naculan dynasty, take up the banner of the Xenos faction and pledge myself to their cause for this year 20.M3. For the month of January, I vow to base Kani the Sentry, Heiress of the Naculan, by month's end.
Before pic to follow tomorrow morning.

Kani, Chronozak, and Destroyer Arrival

Only the overlord on the left, with the big warscythe. I forgot to grab a pic on the way out, but I did happen to have an old ETL progress pic that shows the base of the model I intend to finish.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

January's vow is complete - ten brood brothers, ready to join the Brotherhood.

brood brothers squad 2

That also takes me over halfway with my Guard repaintening, with 20 done and 17 more to go.

There will be a February pledge, but they need stripping down first.

Time for my slow vow:

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the PLODDING ALONG vow pledge to complete 1 Stormraven gunship to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by year's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_104072.jpg

Might not look like much, but it has been sitting in my cupboard for almost a year now and some parts are missing. I plan to complete building, magnetize weapon options and of course paint it. Right now I consider this primed as my painting scheme is different.