=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

it's time to do my ebay rescue Predator. ... but unfortunately the turret was glued down.

There's always the freeze and lever trick to break superglue bonds; stick it in the freezer for an hour or two which should weaken the bond quite a bit; you should then be able to twist it apart. I've also found biostrip 20 does a good job of weakening superglue when I'm stripping paint.

It looks to be (a lot of) plastic glue. It arrived unpainted - I based it when there was some good weather, so thankfully no stripping needed.

" Ultima to Dominion, do you copy?"

"This is Dominion, your vox is clear,"

" Ultima has secured the supply cache as ordered,"

gallery_36568_16061_15393.jpg

" This is Dominion. Confirmed, stand by for further orders."

"Dominion this is Ultima. Objective is far greater then first realized. Requesting support."

" ...."

" Dominion, do you copy?"

" .... This is Dominion, request copied and granted. Further support enroute"

gallery_36568_16061_43213.jpg

JANUARY COMPLETE - Excusing really bad photo as I figure my new camera out.

For February I vow to complete the next set of Munitorium containers as well as 2x Hell Blasters, 2x Intercessors and 1x Inceptor.

Oh, and this happened:

gallery_36568_16061_12630.jpg

Base is supposed to match the trench warfare bases I am attempting for my 13th New Eden Rifles Imperial Guard Regiment, as thats who it will deploy alongside mostly.

Heres is the Febraury vow.

I, Mandaloriano, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Febraury pledge to complete for the Gods of Chaos 5 Grave Warden Terminators, and finish the bases of  3 Deatshournd Temrinators and 1 Death Guard Terminator Consul by month's end.

Deatshournd Terminators and Consul

49472855602_dd90ef5afc_w.jpg

49472146163_8dcd4d0b65_w.jpg

Grave Warden Terminators

49421323646_fb04106826_w.jpg

Oh boy it's February already, time for the second round!

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete for the Imperium 1 Grey Knight  Librarian, 3 Grey Knight Paladins and 3 Grey Knight Terminators by month's end.

Lots of models! But here's the catch: they're almost done.

P 20200201 155517

P 20200201 155824

P 20200201 155856

They all need to be based, but it's not just that. A couple of pieces went missing, like the Aegis shields on the terminators, and I'd like to replace them. Then I'll have to touch them up or repaint a few things so they match the Captain I posted last week, like the Nemesis Force weapons that now I paint in metallics and glazes (instead of nmm blue/white).

Whoa, so much already voted for February! :D

I gladly join the fray with a rescue job of my own

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of FEBRUARY vow pledge to complete 1 Techmarine to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_162337.jpg

Need to repair his servo-harness and possibly magnetize a servo-arm option. Then a proper paintjob and we'll see what else.

Edited by Majkhel

Sorry for the last minute January completion post, the twins both have heavy colds and are good at spreading around how little fun they're having. Plus my French wife and I both woke up with significantly less rights than we had when we went to bed but extra anxiety about the future, so it's not been a great day if I'm honest.

So, somewhat appropriately - the masters of decay, despair and disease.

Brother Tetanus stood and looked into the marshes.

The stable warp rift had been opened to this world through great pain and dark sacrifice of the unwilling, and the vanguard of the Blighted Host had moved swiftly to secure the breach. He felt the buzzing of the local insect life lightly brushing his skin and crawling into the dark rents in his armour, drawn to the sickly sweet pus that oozed from him. As they drank, he could sense their infinitely small flickers of life flare far brighter, the viruses and plagues infesting his rotting bulk starting the transformation of their new hosts into forms more pleasing to his Grandfather. Something small and noisome dropped away and plopped into the muddy waters, seeking out a new plaything of its own.

It was a very long march ahead through difficult terrain to reach the enemy lines. If Tetanus' face hadn't long since melted into his helm, he would have smiled.

January 2020 vow complete - 5 Death Guard Plague Marines, inc. champion w. plasma gun.

http://i.imgur.com/ivpeu7dh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VOFJ7krh.jpg

Several new techniques in these guys, so hopefully I can refine things a little with the next batch.

Edited by Arkhanist

I, Givemead, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 5 chaos cultists for the greater glory of Chaos by month's end.

xJeDQi6.jpg?1

These are the remainder of the traitor guard from the Servants of the Abyss box as well as the rogue psyker from the box that I have finished converting.

+++ Message Incoming ... +++

+++ Decrypting ... +++

+++ Priority Transmission: Legio IV:VII Grand Battalion +++

+++ Authority: Alpha +++

"Erasmus Arruk, your reports are noted. I did not expect the Imperium to mass in such numbers so soon. Harry them, reconnoiter the terrain, and continue to gather intelligence. Do not attempt direct assault until further reinforcements have arrived. We have dispatched forces that are en route, and expect other warbands to draw close to the Imperials. Don't expect to ally with them, they have agendas of their own. The smell of blood draws so many scavengers."

"Fortify your position. When we have gathered strength, we shall strike the hammer blow."

I, Llagos_Tyrant , pledge for the month of February to complete 1 Contemptor Dreadnought, 10 Tactical Marines, 1 Chaplain, (all Ultramarines) and 10 Chaos Cultists to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

+++ Message Ends +++

+++ Message Signature: Warsmith Tullaris +++

49479995612_c1cdfceab8_c.jpg

I, Spazmolytic, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the Plodding Along Pledge pledge to complete for the Glory of the Alpha Legion/Chaos the commander of the Effrit Stealth Squad by years end. (he's been sitting in this pile for at least 6 months)

49480431673_8352bc2cb4_b.jpg

Edited by Spazmolytic

Just a small update from me - I've magnetised my Techmarine's accessories apart from the bolter. At first I could not find the missing smaller servo-arm, so I magnetized the plasma cutter to act as one for the servo-arm bacpack. Then I found the missing part and magnetized it also just for fun to honor the Omnissiah.

High above the rain-washed plains, Brother Kadmos worked meticulously deep in the forges aboard the 'Chalice'. His brothers has already gone to wage war against the heretic and the xeno weeks before. That did not trouble him. He didn't need his enhanced calculation and logic capabilities to know that he wold join them soon enough. War was his purpose just it was theirs. And war was never far. One might say, that In the grim darkness that surrounded and permeated the Imperium of Man there was only war. That did not trouble him either. The task at hand was taking all his focus right now.

Completing the latest adjustment he connected the power cable and canted a short binaric tune that borne with it an encoded status/test querry, a benediction and a welcome for an old friend. A familiar machine spirit of his servo-arm answered eagerly. Kadmos was pleased.

gallery_105306_14251_58374.jpg

Also, thank you very much for the Artificer recognition :)
And congratulations Jolemi for the January Favourite! The Librarian indeed was really cool :)

Edited by Majkhel

Well done everyone on January's efforts!

Now to dive into February's vows:

I, Brother Cambrius do hereby swear to complete 3 fuel storage tanks and 1 Ancient, before the end of February 2020.

med_gallery_26154_2874_1143574.jpg

These covers for Johnson and Johnson cotton buds/q-tips are fantastically versatile for custom terrain pieces, whether it be fuel tanks, capable of a scale for Adeptus Titanicus, or as smaller fuel dumps in standard 40k scales. I also plan on using some more for bunker/turret emplacements in the future too, as these fuel tanks will be donated to the brand new Warhammer gaming club starting in my area this week. :biggrin.:

med_gallery_26154_4148_27912.jpg

And here is Veteran Brother Paedhar Luman of the Vanquishers' Fourth "Resilient" Company. Never have completed a banner before, I have an old Sons of Doom one nearly finished form years ago, so I might vow that one in the near future.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

JANUARY SUMMARY

First and foremost, thank you everyone for joining up to the 2020 Hobby Challenge, and I have to say I've really enjoyed the fluff pieces that have been included with vows and completions, well done :thumbsup:

2020 is off to a great start with 35 Frater taking up the challenge, and pledging to complete a total of 267 models. Of the 35 Frater, we had 34 Complete their tasks, and 259 models. Excluding last years ETL, this the highest output the challenge has seen, so well done to everyone.

As always, lets award some badges,

gallery_48988_15094_1684.png

Coming off of a strong finish with the 2019 Favourite, Jolemai's Old Skool Cool Librarian grabs my January Favourite.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ohmy.: Seriously? Thanks! :wub:

Finally found a few hours to sit down and hobby at things, so here's my February vow:

I, Rogue, take up the Hobby Challenge gauntlet for February, and vow to complete a brood brothers command squad by the end of February, for the ongoing glory of the Xenos faction.

Slide1

Slide2

Slide3

Finally got the grenadiers reassembled, and the icon bearer cobbled together, and then got most of the main base colours down.

February

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1 x Dante to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_2095.jpeg

To do:

~ pin axe, green stuff nubs for the wings

~ re-do the gold to my current standard

~ highlights, base, wings, details, etc

Edited by Jolemai

I, Arkhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 1x Lord of Contagion & 10 poxwalkers to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

nIet7fmh.jpg

I'm having some trouble getting a good cast of an assembled blight launcher (plagued by mold slip and/or one side losing detail so far, those damn negative spaces) so I'm bumping my blight launcher plague marines to a later month when I'll try it with an unassembled one. I have a unit of poxwalkers that have waited at their initial stage for uh, a couple of years, so I'm going to finally give them some love. The slimy, boil-infested, tentacley love that Papa likes. Plus some more basing experimentation, as I'm not entirely happy with the first batch.

Two suits ready for combat.

Yf29final

Vf31jfinal

I, Focslain , embark on the 12 months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete a Tempestus Prime, 6 Scoins, a Leman Russ Battle Tank, a Riptide and two Cadre Fireblades to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

Edit: Here are the picts:

Febwip2

Febwip1

Edited by Focslain