=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Back to sorting out my half-painted models.

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of FEBRUARY vow to complete 3 Blood Angels Scouts to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.
med_gallery_105306_14251_711355.jpg
2 dudes on the right will help me fill out a second 5-man Bolter squad while the knife/pistol one will help flesh out a choppy Scout squad

Great job everyone! :) You're a massive motivators for me!

Edited by Majkhel

Lookin' good, ladz. I've been in the mortal realms since returning from LVO, but I'll make sure to get something done this month for 40k. Probably a Blood Angel. Either Mephiston or finish a unit of Sanguinary Guard that have been languishing in a half-done state for almost two years.

Apologies to Grotsmasha and everyone for failing my October vow. It's still not done - RL and all - but there is a new project to get done now.

I, longjohnsilver, vow to paint at least one Imperial Guardsman up to a maximum of the five models shown for the 12 Months of Hobby challenge, in defence of the Xenos faction.

LsEiQvZ.jpg

Edit :

@ Grotsmasha - can I just take photos of my tauroxes and chimeras in the boxes or do you need to see the bare sprues for my Slow Burn project? It's just that the chimera boxes are nice and tainted as they were from the GS Armoured Claw boxed sets.

Edited by longjohnsilver

Mate you're on a roll :tu:

With 2/3rds of the month left, do you think you've got 1 more model in you? It'll earn you a Seriously Badge...

+++++ REQUEST FOR REINFORCEMENT ACKNOWLEDGED +++++

+++++ SCANNING ASSETS +++++

+++++ REQUEST GRANTED +++++

+++++DEPLOYING RESEARCH SPECIMEN 27-E-571 +++++

gallery_48561_7422_514679.jpg

Edited by Sabadin

Apologies to Grotsmasha and everyone for failing my October vow. It's still not done - RL and all - but there is a new project to get done now.I, longjohnsilver, vow to paint at least one Imperial Guardsman up to a maximum of the five models shown for the 12 Months of Hobby challenge, in defence of the Xenos faction.LsEiQvZ.jpgEdit :@ Grotsmasha - can I just take photos of my tauroxes and chimeras in the boxes or do you need to see the bare sprues for my Slow Burn project? It's just that the chimera boxes are nice and tainted as they were from the GS Armoured Claw boxed sets.

Photos of boxes is fine :tu:

Mate you're on a roll :tu:

With 2/3rds of the month left, do you think you've got 1 more model in you? It'll earn you a Seriously Badge...

+++++ REQUEST FOR REINFORCEMENT ACKNOWLEDGED +++++

+++++ SCANNING ASSETS +++++

+++++ REQUEST GRANTED +++++

+++++DEPLOYING RESEARCH SPECIMEN 27-E-571 +++++gallery_48561_7422_514679.jpg

Nice one :tu:

Wow, I cant believe how many frater have taken up the call and how many completions have been made already. It's only the 11th! Well done all.

Well I best make sure I join in....

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of January pledge to complete 6 aeldari storm guardians (Mymeara craftworld) to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_237127.jpg

Well, time passes and I have some progress to report on my Ancient:

med_gallery_26154_4148_19768.jpg

I'm free-handing the fist emblem alongside the other details, which is a good challenge for me as I haven't free-handed a banner for a very long time indeed, especially a Company Standard.

The fuel silos are nearing completion as well, in need of a drybrush and detail work alongside transfer application.

Cambrius

Finished painting my musical acolyte, and was so excited I wanted to show him off without even basing him first.  I'm really happy how he turned out - but man was he a grind (each leg, for example, took more than an hour and his guitar has gone through 3 different versions (one green, one dark purple, and the last as above) and his "hair" 2 (the first version was light pink).

CWBXeM0.jpg

I'll show off different angles of him and once I have him and his speakers based.

Nice pred, you'd never know it's a rescue! Also I hate you because I cannot paint black that looks decent to save my life. (my Death Company have defeated me three times now)

Thanks - it was in fairly decent condition when I got it. The sponsons are magnetised, which made things easier, but one was a bit damaged hence the optics and lascannon on the right (from the tank's perspective) side not lining up straight. Also, the turret was glued down making things a bit harder to work on. My partner had to keep telling me off for cursing about that!

As for the black recipe, it's really simple. Basecoat with Abaddon Black, thick highlight with Eshin Grey, fine highlight with Dawnstone. If you're feeling lazy you can drybrush on the Eshin Grey (I did this with all my tanks up until now) but it looks better when actually painted on properly.

Yeah, double edge highlighting black marines is where I fail. it either looks like someone's gone at it with chalk, or barely visible and just looks really flat. Tried multiple schemes. I also hate edge highlighting generally as I have a small hand tremor now (age catching up with me!), though I can single edge-highlight other colours OK (normal BA red and my death guard both have light edge highlighting). Also tried airbrushing highlights so no need for edging, but not had great success with that either. 

Will probably do Death Company attempt number 4 at some point this year...

Yeah, double edge highlighting black marines is where I fail. it either looks like someone's gone at it with chalk, or barely visible and just looks really flat. Tried multiple schemes. I also hate edge highlighting generally as I have a small hand tremor now (age catching up with me!), though I can single edge-highlight other colours OK (normal BA red and my death guard both have light edge highlighting). Also tried airbrushing highlights so no need for edging, but not had great success with that either. 

Will probably do Death Company attempt number 4 at some point this year...

Whilst I'm young, my hands weren't that steady until I started doing something different with my hand positioning - I try to make sure my wrists are always touching when painting as it locks my brush hand still given my elbows are on my desk, and I can roll my brush hand wrist over my model hand wrist to get smooth movements.

A bit more bits box diving, and I've been able to throw together another Lieutenant, this time with a Power Sword in a fencing pose. I'll vow him along with the other, who'll be called Emmerich and Iorek respectively.

YjCZwnc.jpg

Some great completions in here! So I'm a little late on my vow, but here it is:

I, gaurdian31, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of FEBRUARY vow to complete 1 Demon Prince of Nurgle to the defence of the CHAOS Faction by month's end.

Demon Prince

Edited by gaurdian31