=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

And because I couldn't control myself, already finished one :laugh.:

imXv0xb.jpg

2 hours and 3 minutes :laugh.:

Dang that looks very nice, awesome work there.

Agreed! I didn’t think I’d like hazard striping on Intercessors, especially across a smooth chest plate, but it looks great!

I nearly did it again; there I am, plodding away with my Plague Marines that I almost forgot to vow into the challenge. :wallbash:

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of February, I pledge to complete Two (2) Plague Marines of the Hollow Knights warband to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

Here's a picture I took this afternoon:
gallery_46204_9220_132264.jpg

And this evening, after a fruitful couple of free hours:
gallery_46204_9220_254423.jpg

Finishing these will bring me to a whole combat squad of Plague Bois , four bolters and one Dirty Great Axe.
Considering I only had one painted at the end of last year, I'm pretty happy about this. :biggrin.:

And because I couldn't control myself, already finished one :laugh.:

imXv0xb.jpg

2 hours and 3 minutes :laugh.:

I love the look, but I do have one small suggestion. Masking tape would make it much easier to get straight lines on your hazard stripes. Tamiya do a variety of low tack ones in various widths, and modelcraft do some really narrow ones. (low tack is useful as it means it won't remove existing paint)

Paint the yellow, let dry, then use two parallel pieces of tape with a gap in between. Paint that gap (gently, in the direction of the tape rather than across it), and the paint shouldn't go under the tape. Let the paint dry completely, Peel off, and you'll have a nice straight edged black stripe. Repeat, and job's a good un. With the narrower varieties, you can potentially mask up several stripes in one go. Just don't layer the black on too thick, or it can leave a little ridge where it was up against the tape.

You can of course do yellow stripes over black, but it's a lot easier to paint black over yellow than the reverse...

Edited by Arkhanist

Apologies to Grotsmasha and everyone for failing my October vow. It's still not done - RL and all - but there is a new project to get done now.

I, longjohnsilver, vow to paint at least one Imperial Guardsman up to a maximum of the five models shown for the 12 Months of Hobby challenge, in defence of the Xenos faction.

LsEiQvZ.jpg

Edit :

@ Grotsmasha - can I just take photos of my tauroxes and chimeras in the boxes or do you need to see the bare sprues for my Slow Burn project? It's just that the chimera boxes are nice and tainted as they were from the GS Armoured Claw boxed sets.

Hey bud, welcome back to the challenge :tu:

++--*--++ Message Received ++--*--++
==--==-- Transmission Code KH7-TGNR AC 001004 --==--==
++ Accessing Message...++

gallery_46204_9220_7648.jpg

Honoured Riftmark,

The followers of Nurgle you sent me are surely the most vexing creatures under the Gods' dominion. They appear incapable of following even simple orders, beyond "kill and eat this target".

Subtlety is paramount in our activities, and yet these imbecilic mutants have no grasp of this. They are as mindless drones, blind and stupid and useful only as grotesque cannon fodder.

As foolish and easily swayed as the average Imperial Citizen is, even our most devout converts cannot look upon the Hollow Knights and feel anything but immediate revulsion and horror.

There is no use for the Hollow Knights as tools of conversion, which is - correct me if I am mistaken - the entire point of sending me to this backwater planet in the first place.

Please, instruct me as to the wisdom of reinforcing me with such an obvious handicap to our plan.

Praise be to the Great Gods
Dark Apostle Thuridias

--==--++ Composing Reply ++--==--
==--==-- Transmission Code KH7-TGNS MK 006024 --==--==

Thuridias,

I took you for an intelligent man until I received your most recent transmission.

Had the Great Gods gifted you with any wisdom, you'd send the Hollow Knights into the wilderness, away from the cities. Allow them to feast on the wildlife, but instruct them to spread their Flesh Hunger Plague in the fauna that the cities hunt for food.

I trust I don't need to tell you to use the resulting outbreaks of flesh-eating animals as a sign that The False Emperor laughs with scorn at their plight, nor to use your own men to eradicate the outbreak.

I further hope I don't need to tell you that if hunger is all the Knights seem to care about, then you should use that to motivate them. Nor do I hope to be required to instruct you to let the Hollow Knights eat the corpses of the slain afterward. Feasting gives them strength, and you will have need of strength to uproot the Imperial bastions that govern the 'backwater world' you've been assigned to, which we will need secured and devoted to us in order to stage further operations around the Tygarian system.

Thuridias, never again presume that mere distance makes you immune to my wrath, and remember that your tenuous grasp on the power you currently wield is dependent on my extremely limited patience. Do not pester me again with another infantile outburst.

Perhaps I was mistaken when I thought the Gods had marked you for greatness.

All praise to the Great Gods
Riftmark Kaliburn

--++--++ Message Concludes ++--++--

Vow Complete! Here's my two newest Plague Marines, ready to slay and consume in the name of the Plaguefather.

I've included a couple of cheeky bonus pictures in the spoiler below:

All of my Hollow Knights so far: gallery_46204_9220_234071.jpg
And following on from that, all of my TMOH completions so far - Three Plague Marines and Terry the Confused (but apparently happy) Tyranid. Terry's had a slight addition to his swords and claws - fresh edges are bone-hued to break up the 'red slab' look they had going on.
gallery_46204_9220_161694.jpg

That's four bolter guys down, just three to go.
Feeling pretty good about this so far.

EDIT:

Suffer not the typo to live!

Edited by Ace Debonair

<Edit - forgot the group photo of them based>

5HJg5Sb.jpg

Based my apostle and disciples - sorry about the photo dump, but I'm really proud of them.  The apostle is one of the best models I've painted, I think - though I really need to improve painting OSL.

BVn3zl4.jpg

This one is to show of the quartered paint scheme... other than my knight last ETL, I've never tried it before.  Turned out well and not as hard as I feared it would be.

mK7nxnW.jpg

uYY2upF.jpg

And this one is to show off the saucy tail on the one disciple.... the second is there because my camera didn't focus properly otherwise.

FYRxyF5.jpg

Oh, and I pledge 3 more cultists for February.  This is the 1st of my 13 or so models in my Badab kill team.

Ee3y10J.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

It is a great work Dr_Ruminahui :)

For the future, with the OSL, there is one thing we should always remember: the source of light should be brighter than the light reflecting from other surfaces. It's a little thing really, but it increases the effect tremendously.

Keep up the good work!

And February is done.

command squad

Less models this month, but it means I have a bit of time to strip down the last squad, clean them up and stick them back together again before March, hopefully. Brood Brothers done and dusted by Easter is still on.

One Lieutenant down, one to go. Fancy photos to follow once I've done both. This is the best I've ever painted - I'm trying to build up to doing something awesome when I truescale Grimaldus (but that will be my March vow).

vnZuOmo.jpg

I got an idea for another entry I'm going to put in, probably not this months depends on how long I keep procrastinating on finishing these 3 Aggressors and Battle Leader. But I've got a Terminus Ultra built just collecting dust in my closet, thinking this would be the perfect time to actually paint it. Last time I painted an Ultramarine tank was like the late 90's lol. I got some blue spray paint for the base, I don't have any other Ultramarines really. Was pretty young then wasn't sold on an actual army to go with so was just painting different chapters try to find one I like to go with more, ended up with Space Wolves. But with the whole detachment thing can have a small UM force and actually use it even if its not the meta for them, I just think the model itself looks really cool I literally had to build lol.

Awesome job!

Edit: Decided to stop procrastinating and do some painting this is what I got so far, the Primaris Battle Leader is barely ready waiting for the base to dry atm. Then do some touch ups can see more spots to do when you enlarge it with the picture editor. I got my base coat color on all 3 aggressors, try to start on those and maybe have them done later today hopefully unless I get side tracked lol.

I found a page with all the different markings and colors for each class, Wolf Guard was yellow and black with triangles and such on the shoulder so I did my best freehand of the markings. I wanted his helm to be different than what the other basic marines were so I added yellow to it, been nearly 20 years since I've done some Space Wolf stuff forgot how much fun they are to paint!

Primaris Battle Leader 4

Primaris Battle Leader 3

Primaris Battle Leader 2

Primaris Battle Leader 1

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

I have a question. If I have a vow in-progress, can I make another vow for the same month?

I have technically finished what I vowed to do on my lychguard, but my GW manager introduced me to something I think I’d like to do, but it requires an additional paint I won’t be able to grab for a few days. I do, however, have a fresh. NOS space marine hero series two terminator and a half-painted series one tactical that I could work on...would this be allowed?

Would be a great help if it was, as I’d have some material to work on between now and whenever I make it to the shop.

First February vow complete.

7gyjJ1l.jpg?1

I have a group shot of these guys plus the first 5 in my blog.

I, Givemead, for the month of February, vow to paint 3 chaos cultists, for the glory of the Chaos faction, by months end.

BZ6TCPD.jpg?1

Edited by Givemead