=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Been plugging away at my plodding along vow - finished a long trench, meaning I'm about half done.

qDI1TdW.jpg

Particularly happy about one of the shields, which is a modified version of my local Province, Alberta.

SWNUoD1.jpg

And for March, my first vow for Chaos is.... 3 ork bikers!  I guess they are mercenaries (really, they are for a friend).

acs0CyG.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Yep, safe :thumbsup:

Any outstanding vows have 9hrs or so left for Feb

....and I just realised I've completely missed the Stubborn Badge, for 3 Months.....

gallery_48988_16024_1740.png

• The Completed Badge is worth 1CP
  • The Seriously Badge, awarded for 5+ models completed in a month, is worth 2CP, It's worth noting, that painting 6+ models WILL NOT earn additional CP, their Attack/Defense rating however, will still count to your Army and Faction totals.
  • The Artificer Badge is arbitrarily awarded to models I find impressive each month, and is worth 1CP
  • The Speed Daemon is awarded for Completing a model within 24hrs, and is worth 1CP
  • The Last Minute Badge is awarded for Completing your vow on the last day, or two extention days of the month, and is worth 1CP
  • The Stubborn Badge is awarded for Completing a previous vowed but uncompleted model, is worth 1CP
  • The Favourite is worth 3CP

I've now updated the 1st post as I hit the image limit...

Edited by Grotsmasha

Great job everyone! Fantastic show of creativity!

Grotsmasha, that Spartan is a beast! Loving you mini-titans too :)
Spazmolytic, that marine means business!
Gore Crow, your dark Custodes look great! Really neat scripture on the Vexillum!
Longjhonsilver, your space guardsmen are something else! Such a simple conversion, but gives so much in return :)
Arkhanist, your pox-walkers are beautiful, I love the colours you've chosen!
DrRuminahui,

84448800_2510992205666261_55587687973068
;)
Seen some great cultists here too!

RL will be pushing me a lot this month, but seeing your efforts gives me a lot of motivation. I will definitely vow as soon as I sort things out :)
Keep it up :thumbsup:

New month, new batch of brood brothers. This is the last big squad, with just the officers to come in April. So:

I, Rogue, continue the 12 Months Challenge with a pledge to complete 10 brood brothers by the end of March.

brood 3

These are the most normal looking ones, as I've used up most of my spare neophyte parts repairing the more damaged and badly assembled models already.

So to top off last minute:

gallery_36568_16061_7200.jpg

Crappy pic and the models aren't to my standard (missing freehand and finished bases) but they are, quite honestly, all I can manage at the moment. I am hoping a change of pace with the last Munitorum containers and then Felthius and his boys this month might help me rediscover my mojo but there is a lot of RL stuff going down at the moment. Still, a finish is a finish. I'll come back to them in a later month to redo freehand and bases I think.

Edited by Brother Argent

Shiny things—First Necrons with Ardcoat

Shiny Things!
These guys are now based, and have 'ardcoat applied to all their armor pieces that are not their shields or their torsos. I quite like how it turned out, as it lends a sheen to the rest of the model that the basecoat spray adds to it. I think I'll be applying this to the other necrons i have, though I expect it will take quite a while. I have a lot of necrons!

I was not, unfortunately, able to finish the two marines this month though. Perhaps in march! One of them is nearly done anyway, but I messed up his lower leg and need to fix it before I would even let myself put it on a game table.

So for March I have a list I want to get completed by April. So for this month I vow to complete the following:

1 Scion
Leman Russ Punisher
Wyern

Knight Crusader
2 Moriax Armigers
Warglavie Armigar
Helverin Armigar
Tech Priest Enginseer

Tknightwip2

Talewip4a

Tknightwip1

March vow - going to finish these aggressors.

https://imgur.com/a/qDwwPyO

(How do you embed images on this forum anyway?)

Since you are already using Imgur, its really easy.  Go to the "images" page on the dropdown menu in the top right, click on the picture you want and copy the BBC Code (the second from the bottom).  Paste that in your post and that's it.

Alternatively, right-clicking on the image and "copying" it will allow you to "paste" it here too :thumbsup:

Xhg7p2B.jpg

Edited by Grotsmasha

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of MARCH vow to complete 5 Blood Angels Infiltrators to the defence of the IMPERIUM Faction by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_997915.jpg

I need to complete highlights (2-3, depending on the model), weapons, grenades, pouches and other thingies, 1 face, eye-lenses, bases and decals.

For my 1st Vow for March, I'll be re-vowing the 5 man squad I neglected to finish last month,

For my next vow I'll be painting 5 Assault-Bolter Intercessors, I'm going to do one to establish my scheme, then I'll worry about the rest,

gallery_48988_15094_986.jpg

Now, I did finish 1 marine, but have decided to bother myself with free-handing the Chapter badge for all of them, and as such I chose to not count him for Feb, and will keep him for March once his Chapter Badge is complete.

One down, 4 to go

gallery_48988_16024_120222.jpg

I've got a method and colour I'm much happier with, and my older models will be updated at some stage to this scheme

Congrats tonae on best of February - I was thinking this was my one shot to get it, but seems I lost out by a hair. :)

I don't know if it makes it better or worse, but it really was a hair....it took 25mins flipping between the pics of the two models to come to a decision. I've only ummed and ahhed over favourite choice for longer once last year...

I need to take a break from Plague Marines, so I've decided now is the time to finish my Tau off.

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of March, I pledge to complete Ten (10) Fire Warriors of the Ghostwalker Colony Defence Force to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

There's five on the sprue:

gallery_46204_9220_333184.jpg

And five who just need their shoulderpads, little antennae things that go on the side of their heads, and a quick touch-up on the backpacks where I completely missed one side out:

gallery_46204_9220_27567.jpg

Narratively speaking I have no idea how a bunch of Tau are going to wind up fighting alongside Plague Marines and a confused Tyranid, but completed models are completed models, and that's the real end goal! :laugh.:

...Also I'll get better pictures next time once my decent camera is charged again. :sweat:

gallery_48988_15094_4190.png

It was a really hard decision for the Favourite this month between toaae's superbly painted Mephiston, and Dr_Ruminahui's outrageously colourful Dark Apostle and Disciples. After quite a bit of flipping between the submissions, join me in congratulating toaae, this months Favourite.

Wow! Thank you! It's so cool to get recognized for a model I am so happy with. This is a real badge of honor!

Um. :ermm:

So I couldn't sleep, and thought an hour or so painting would help relax me enough to doze off.

That was five hours ago, and now I've nearly finished my vow already. :eek:

The only reason I haven't actually finished is that I'm waiting for the paint to dry so I can stick five of my Tau together, which will have to wait until later because now I've got a shift in work on the strength of about three hours sleep. :wallbash:

On the other hand, I finished the first five Tau:

gallery_46204_9220_119877.jpg