=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Alrighty guys, March's Summary is up, I'll be updating the PM's shortly :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update.

Just for clarity, as I did not see it marked as completed, my completed March vow also completed my Loyalty and Treachery Vow.

I forgot to update those too, I'll get to it :tu:

Okay Grotsmasha, got my plodding along vow done (self isolation and bouts of insomnia make for quite a bit of time at the painting table)

Gorkanaut:

49738140891_7242a0fabc.jpg

Ork Trukk:

49738143346_3c37b0470c.jpg

Ork Trukk with Enclosed Cab:

49738476907_7bfe0e4c44.jpg

Ork Half Trakk:

49738156791_effedf442c.jpg

Ork Big Trakk:

49737601568_caf7193866.jpg

Chinork Warkopta:

49738153721_a0292b82ea.jpg

That said, I'm going to pledge another plodding along vow consisting of:

Artel W Warboss in mega armor:

49738509432_d01531fa66.jpg

Artel W Mek with Kustom Force Field:

49737637728_1d6d9c2ef5.jpg

Artel W Painboy:

49738511537_ccd3904a63.jpg

Artel W Weirdboy:

49738185131_d605a2517e_w.jpg

And the following vehicles- Ork Battlewagon with supa kannon, Grot mega tank, 4 grot tanks, 6 deffkoptas

49738513142_6a93eb13ff.jpg

on or before December 31st, 2020 in support of the Xenos faction!  WAAAAAGHH!

Edited by The_Chaplain

I, Oshikai, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete at least one Long Fang Lascannon and one Grey Hunter Pack Lrader to the defence of the Sons of Fenris. For Russ, for the Allfather! Fenris Hjolda!

WiabMaT.jpg?1

Edited by Oshikai

Repledging the same models from my failed March vow :

I longjohnsilver embark on the 12 Months of Hobby challenge and pledge to finish my Imperial Guard patrol detachment before the end of April, for the defence of the Xenos faction.

yOHyzbx.jpg

I, Gore Crow, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and for the month of April pledge to complete ten skitarii vanguard in defense of the Imperial Faction by month's end. 

9sXeTzTl.jpg?1

Reinforcements procured: en route from Agripinaa. April vow complete.

gQe1Hyyh.jpg?1

Edited by Gore Crow

Finished assembling my landraider as part of my plodding along vow - which finishes my first Spring Cleaning vow.  I intend to finish the plodding along vow by painting it for ETL.  

dLEHHmp.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Not meaning to pick but I think my second vow for last month should have been a Speed Daemon. Double post on page 21. May have been missed with my barrage of other pics. If not also good just thought I would mention it.

As is my Haywire Mine on p24.

Mentioning this as you have listed it among my vowed models :)

Finished assembling my landraider as part of my plodding along vow - which finishes my first Spring Cleaning vow. I intend to finish the plodding along vow by painting it for ETL.

dLEHHmp.jpg

:Wub:

Was she easy to put together?

Not meaning to pick but I think my second vow for last month should have been a Speed Daemon. Double post on page 21. May have been missed with my barrage of other pics. If not also good just thought I would mention it.

As is my Haywire Mine on p24.

Mentioning this as you have listed it among my vowed models :)

All good guys, I'll fix it up, in the mean time grab that badge :tu:

:wub:

Was she easy to put together?

Wasn't too bad, though the instructions provided with it were almost "draw the rest of the owl" bad (https://ballmemes.com/i/how-to-draw-an-owl-2-1-draw-some-circles-d0fa55d5fbbb421f8c381462d4f7a11d) and you will need to work out on your own how many of the pieces go together.  Do lots of dry fitting before gluing!  Fortunately, there aren't a lot of pieces and for most it is fairly obvious and intuitive where they go and how they fit.

I detailed my some of my experience with it in this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/363058-land-raider-proteus-help/?do=findComment&comment=5503176

I was lucky in that my cast was very good - little flash or parts warping - which meant it went together fairly smoothly.  I would advise taking your time, especially with the tracks and the side sponsons - my assembling of the tracks definitely benefited from dry fitting them 3 or 4 times first to determine where the various tracks had to rest on the model to have them all fit correctly.  As for the sponsons, they are quite fiddly and really need your whole attention and not rushing them (which was my problem - they were the last things I assembled, and I guess I just wanted to get the model done - mine turned out okay, but it was more work as I had to pin one of them after I accidentally trimmed off a peg that I shouldn't have).

Oh, and Grotsmasha, my earlier post gave the impression that I had completed this plodding along vow - I haven't, as I also vowed to paint it.  I've edited it to be clearer.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

@Gederas: the completed squad look ace man! the aethermatic blue worked well and the more I see the PGtM shoulder pads the more I like them!

@The Chaplain: Some brutal and kunnin' looking orks ya got there with some sweet paintjobs all round. Especially liking the Trakks, and been a good few years since I last saw a Chinork haha

@Focslain: Solid looking air-wing you got there, the blue contrasts nicely with the flight green/grey

@Gore Crow: Beauty of a squad of skitarii, always love a darker scheme than the usual red/cream robes and you've nailed it. Plasma coils also look quite crisp

@Arakos: Good looking dread there, ya do have a thing for those walkers it seems :D Have ya considered giving a go at drilling the multi-melta to really bring it together?

Gonna try and do more WIP posts this month what with the larger vow rather than the single end of month completion post :) hopefully tomorrow will have a termi and a marine just about done, but for now just finished up the main body of the chaincannon and finally sorted out a good scheme/method for the knight (plodding along) armour panels pre-weathering/verdigris! Especially happy with the latter, have a kytan and castigator lying round that I never got to but think the mottled red should work well on them too. 

IMG-20200408-010233-01-01.jpgIMG-20200408-010237-01-01.jpgIMG-20200408-011458-01-01.jpgIMG-20200408-011516-01-01.jpg

@The Chaplain: Some brutal and kunnin' looking orks ya got there with some sweet paintjobs all round. Especially liking the Trakks, and been a good few years since I last saw a Chinork haha

Yeah they dont produce the chinork anymore, snagged one on ebay a few months back. They actually dont produce the half track anymore either (no longer on the website). Thanks for the compliments on the paint jobs

Well, time for my vow for April:

I Brother Cambrius do solemnly pledge myself to complete a 5 man kill team of Sons of Medusa, as part of Back to Badab before April's end, for the glory of His Imperium.

med_gallery_26154_4148_1250188.jpg

Gotta bit of salvage work to do on these boys, as the green paint really didn't apply itself well when I tried a while back prior to this event. Might need a strip, or possibly trying to drybrush a paler green on top to see how it goes.

Cambrius