=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Aaaaaaaaand done!

P 20200413 225151

The transfers came out too wrinkly, unfortunately, as I applied them one mm too high on the shoulderpads. I applied a couple coats of Micro Sol, I wonder if more coats might help, any idea?

Anyway, since I'm here...

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Aprile pledge to complete for the Imperium a Space Marine Primaris Intercessor Squad, made of 1 Intercessor Sergeant and 4 Intercessors, by month's end.

P 20200413 092020

Yes, another 5-man squad. What can I say, I'm getting bored with World of Warcraft, so I have plenty of time to paint!

I hope Ace Debonair doesn't mind me borrowing an axe from his nuttily heroic warriors. :smile.:

100% approved! :happy.:

The Hawks don't make the fanciest weapons, but then again I know the Vanquishers don't go in for 'fancy' when 'functional' is an option.

Whilst preparing to update the Strategiums, I caught another boo boo....

sml_gallery_48988_15094_16769.png

Ace Debonair - 5 Fire Warriors - 8hrs 55mins - +5 Fire Warriors - 17hrs 2mins, 1 Crisis Suit - 23hrs 28mins

My apologies Ace

I honestly didn't realise I'd done all of those that quickly, so no worries! :sweat:

-=-=-=-=-=

Some beautiful stuff on display here, brothers.

Very inspiring - I'll have to get digging through my backlog and see what else I can paint up before the month gets away from me!:happy.:

So over the last few weeks, I've been pathetically picking at my Nurgle bois, like a crow at a corpse.
What with the whole virus thing going around and being pretty ill myself (unrelated illness, I must add) I honestly just couldn't bring myself to do Nurgle any favours. :dry.:

But now I'm feeling better, and the Hollow Knights hunger...

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete Three (3) Plague Marines of the Hollow Knights Warband to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_200507.jpg

...It's time to get back to the feast. :wink:

I know it goes somewhat against the spirit of the competition, but in these exceptional times, can I unvow something?

I had initially pledged 10 Sisters and 5 Zephyrim for April, but given supply trouble (and literally having no models to paint beyond these), I'd much rather punt the 5 Zephyrim on a month so I have something to vow and paint in May.

I know it goes somewhat against the spirit of the competition, but in these exceptional times, can I unvow something?

I had initially pledged 10 Sisters and 5 Zephyrim for April, but given supply trouble (and literally having no models to paint beyond these), I'd much rather punt the 5 Zephyrim on a month so I have something to vow and paint in May.

You can, but there's no real reason to. The criteria for a Completion is 1 model, no matter how many you vow. Then, when you're able to paint them, re-vow them as a Stubborn entry to earn some extra CP :tu: 

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of APRIL vow to complete 1 Vanguard Veteran marine, 1 Scout, 1 Devastator marine and 1 Incursor to the defence of the IMPERIUM by month's end.

med_gallery_105306_14251_116888.jpg

I will probably be working on these for the rest of the month.

Keep up the good work guys! The miniatures shown here are excellent examples of the hobby :)

You can, but there's no real reason to. The criteria for a Completion is 1 model, no matter how many you vow. Then, when you're able to paint them, re-vow them as a Stubborn entry to earn some extra CP :thumbsup:

Ah, ideal. In that case, I'll leave my vow as is, though most likely will just finish off the remaining four Sisters of the squad I'm working on (six already done, plus two cherubs and some subassemblies). Zephyrim will get re-vowed and I'll go for a Stubborn in May.

So I'm laying the ground work for my next garrison knight lance, will explain later.

I'm using a warglaive to get the basic colour scheme before I do the full size knight.

Gkwarglaivewip2

Looking at a lighter version of the Green Knight from the codex. Debating on if I should add warpstone green lines to it.

I'm coming in late this month but I'm being a bit ambitious. I've done a lot of building lately and have a lot of to get through so I can power through a load of Heavy Support and Elite models next month, so ...

49779530677_ecf6729594.jpg

I, Llagos_Tyrant, continue on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete for the Iron Warriors and Dark Gods, 12 pieces of scenery/fortifications, 2 Ultramarines Lieutenants, 7 Ultramarine Tactical Marines, 5 Iron Warrior Terminators, and 8 Iron Warrior Heretic Astartes, by month's end.

If the pieces of scenery/fortifications don't count or count as fortification points for the map, that's fine, I just need this motivation to finally paint them and get them off my mind.

I'm also going to share an update on my Plodding Along Defiler at the end of the month.

New here! And I have plenty of things to paint!

I, TPS, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby challenge, and for the month of April, I pledge to complete Yvraine, her kitten and a Nemesis Dreadknight, to the defense of the Xenos by month's end.

08mxFrQ.jpg

I might also add in something to plod along later on, as soon as I'm done settling on which larger model to assemble next. My backlog is probabaly best described as 'super-heavy' or 'titanic' ...

I'm finally able to nab an award for speed.

49781678878_4fe88e5416.jpg

12 pieces of terrain painted up, and I managed to use the time to experiment with the new varnishes I got my hands on. Which is also making me think I need to go back and varnish all the models I've painted lately ...

In the background you can also see the Terminators are primed, and the lower half of the Defiler has been assembled and primed.

New here! And I have plenty of things to paint!

I, TPS, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby challenge, and for the month of April, I pledge to complete Yvraine, her kitten and a Nemesis Dreadknight, to the defense of the Xenos by month's end.

08mxFrQ.jpg

I might also add in something to plod along later on, as soon as I'm done settling on which larger model to assemble next. My backlog is probabaly best described as 'super-heavy' or 'titanic' ...

Welcome to the Challenge TPS, the Xenos gain some reinforements :TU:

Hey Grot, I noticed you didn't list my Cataphractii as completed. They are completed, just unable to be based because of the shutdown from GW

I know that it was, not sure what happened there....anyways, it's sorted now :tu:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Honour is a dirty word" - graffiti written in blood and oil on the broken doors of Fort Sezarris

It is easy to fall into the trap of thinking the Hollow Knights are mindless, or driven only by their hunger. In truth, they are every bit as cunning and capable as any other Chaos Space Marine, able to lay plans and ambushes to deadly effect, allowing them to break through an enemy line and feast on their foes. Even in sieges the Hollow Knights are far from helpless, firing corrupted munitions at enemy bastions or enacting rituals of decay to wither enemy fortifications. For truly implacable defences, there is always one final ritual: the cursed rite that unleashes the Hunger Plague.

Those afflicted are driven with the same nightmarish need to consume the flesh of the living that plagues the Hollow Knights themselves. Though, in a cruel twist, those blighted with the ritual are seldom granted the regenerative abilities the Knights have. This ritual is, however, seldom used by the Hollow Knights. Not only does it takes time to enact, use of the ritual deprives the Hollow Knights themselves of a potential food source by forcing the defenders to consume each other.

On the occasions that it is invoked, the Hunger Plague is used to weaken or disable key parts of an enemy's defences, allowing the Hollow Knights to break in and sate their terrible hunger. In open battle the Knights are relentless and reckless, rushing forward with a startling suddenness not normally associated with servants of the Plague God. They hurl themselves at their victims with wild abandon, knowing that when they feast on the slain they can recover from almost any wound.

gallery_46204_9220_65676.jpg

Vow complete! :biggrin.:

Here's some more plague lads for the plague party.
I've got a few more left, but honestly don't know when my next day off will be, so they might be some time in the making. :sweat:

There's a couple of extra shots in the spoiler tags below:

gallery_46204_9220_56143.jpggallery_46204_9220_3760.jpg