=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Having found myself a little demotivated to paint, I got out my Conquest pile of shame and got to assembling. As I was doing so I realised I'd made a mistake (in regards to consistency) in how I was treating terrain for the Campaign. I'd been awarding them as a Seriously, but for Attack / Defense I hadn't bothered to count exactly how many models had been painted. If I'm counting a base good enough for 1 Attack / Defense then I should be counting a barrel, or ammo crate as 1 Attack / Defense too. 

I'll be going through all three strategiums and allocating them the proper Attack / Defense, and will make sure to do so continuing forward :tu:

Is it possible to pledge additional models for the month? There's still plenty of backlog left.

As many as you like.

Nice painting!

Thanks!

In that case: BONUS STAGE!

I, TPS, pledge to complete 8 Genestealers, to the defense of the Xenos, by month's end.

9quLSuM.jpg

Been doing little bits here and there on my Simulacrum Imperialis in coffee breaks this morning to finish her off - now just the Superior to go, then hopefully there'll be some nice fancy completion photos of my first ten members of the Order of the Iron Veil (plus their creepy vat-grown cherub hangers on).

Still freehanding the Ultramarine symbols/debating another horrible attempt at using transfers for them, but calling the 7 Ultramarine Tactical Marines complete! Brings me to 19 models of my vow complete, with another 2 Lieutenants, 5 Chaos Terminators and 8 Chaos Space Marines left.

49798755193_b4518d623e.jpg

Won't have the full weekend this week to paint them up, so not sure if I'll make it before the end of the month - but I'm optimistic the 8 Chaos Space Marines will be faster. I already have them rebased from when I vowed them, and just need to redetail them like the other Iron Warriors.

Just out of curiosity when does ETL roll around? 

Also I’ve managed to acquire at least 1250 - 1500 points worth of Harlequins, can I make a plodding along vow this far into the year once I have them all in my possession? 

Just out of curiosity when does ETL roll around? 

Also I’ve managed to acquire at least 1250 - 1500 points worth of Harlequins, can I make a plodding along vow this far into the year once I have them all in my possession? 

Typically May 15th, but there would've been an announcement by now.

My first ten Sisters and two Cherubs are finished :biggrin.: I'll take some pretty photos for a proper vow completion post for my social media at lunch.

EDIT: photos as promised

87ezPsy.jpg

YhbyVMR.jpg

WkckIzJ.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Well, I'm starting challenge Two of the Iron Gauntlet, and I see no reason not to add some sisters to my already ...eclectic hobby squad for this year! :laugh.:

, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete One (1) (for now) Battle Sister of the Order of the Iron Tower to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_11415.jpg

It'll be the one with the green robe, to start with - time to see if my planned colours look as good in reality as they do on the painter! :biggrin.:

Okay folks, got my second plodding along vow finished.

Deffkoptas:

49802508898_84b1769a33.jpg

Grot Tanks:

49803061441_fcd4a810fd.jpg

Grot Mega Tank:

49803366407_3d1fea21ae.jpg

Ork Battlewagon with Supa Kannon

49803061451_93b9d4c3f3.jpg

Weird Boy (Artel W)

49803061386_aaa47b64a7.jpg

Artel W Painboy

49803061421_213f882c4f.jpg

Artel W Mekboy with Kustom Force Field

49803366387_090d20f1ce_w.jpg

Artel W Warboss

49802508973_ea963620e1.jpg

Need to take a break from painting for at least a few days before figuring out what my next vow is gonna be. 

Edited by The_Chaplain

@TPS - I'm with you on the masks and use helmets whenever I can across my army.

Unfortunately Incursors do not have helmets at all - you have to make them.

I have been making mine in two ways - from the infiltrators' helmets and as a cross between Incursors' masks and a regular helmet. This latest Incursor has the second type.

Details for anyone interested:

gallery_105306_14251_372068.jpg

The one on the left is an Incursor regular mask with mohawk and added antenna. I;m not using those, but Incursor kit has about 2 of them and if you fiddle with the mohawk to make it look like a crest on the regular marine helmet and remove the studs, you can just paint this head as a helmet - the easiest way.

The middle one is a lower part of the Incursor mask with a closed visor and then the top from any regular marine helemet - Primaris or Firstborn. It has a bit of GS/miliput at the back to make a seamless transition. You need to file quite a bit of the helmet top from the front as well as helmets are longer than masks. There is generally quite a lot of work involved with this one, but I'm happy with the results. The helmet is big and actually looks like it could contain a proper head inside :wink:

There are only 6 of closed-visor masks in the Incursors set, so you can only make as many with this method unless you obtain addional ones.

The one on the right is an Infiltrator's helmet with the scope from Incursor's mask attached in place of the antenna. Cutting off the scope is easy and parctiaclly no damage is done apart from removal of a small cable which is totally insignificant. This is my preferred method and across 15 of the planned Incursors at least 10 will have it. Remaining masks will be used on scout bikers or other such units.

I have never used the first option, but the others I have and they look good:

med_gallery_105306_14251_43639.jpgmed_gallery_105306_14251_1381557.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Majkhel

++--++ Datafile Located: ++--++
++-- Authorising Access --++
--++ Acessing File OIT-3C-S1-2 ++--

gallery_46204_9220_55975.jpg
++--
Hailing from Sagitar's World, Sister Karinda is very much a typical Sagitari recruit; keen of eye and steady of aim, with an affinity for machines of many stripes.

Amongst her squad, Karinda takes the most pride in the maintenance of her arms and armour - a sentence that can be taken somewhat literally considering her bionic arm.

Karinda lost her arm to a heretic cultist who had fashioned some kind of crude Power Claw during an uprising in the city of Affior. In spite of having her arm shattered and cut away, Karinda fought for long enough to shoot the offending heretic in the torso with two rounds from her bolt pistol before passing out.

In the aftermath, Karinda has fully embraced her bionic arm with some pride, claiming it to be suitably "Iron-strong".

--++

gallery_46204_9220_85917.jpg

--++ File Concludes ++--
++-- Praise The Emperor --++

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=
Vow complete!
That's one down, brothers, nine to go - if I get chance to do any more painting this month. :sweat:

EDIT:

Pretty happy with how my planned colours turned out.

The green looks a good deal richer than I originally expected, but I'm not displeased with it!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Another vow completed

P 20200423 202810

I don't know why, but I'm getting worse and worse at applying transfers, though I haven't changed anything in the way I do it. I apply them using Micro Set, than a couple layers of Micro Sol and they're still quite wrinkly. I'm considering moving to sculpted shoulderpads once I'm done with these easy-fit models.

As a matter of fact once I'm done with these Ultramarines I wanted to try Imperial Fists or White Scars using contrast paint. We'll see, still have plenty of blue models to finish