=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete for the Imperium a Space Marine Primaris Captain in Gravis Armour, by month's end.

And here it is as I left it last night:

P 20200501 171850

Not much left to be done to be honest, just some glazing on the power sword for the "power" effect, a few highlights on the metal parts, transfers and the base.

Oh yes, and glue it again...

++--++ Datafile Located: ++--++
++-- Authorising Access --++
--++ Acessing File OIT-3C-S1-3 ++--

gallery_46204_9220_9702.jpg
++--
Sister Naritha is one of the most experienced amongst her squad, with a history of borderline reckless courage in the face of death. Coming from a poor family in the feudal slums of Narrigoth, joining the Sisterhood for Naritha meant escaping a meaningless life of dirt and hardship, and gaining a cause worth fighting for in the process.

Naritha was earmarked as having a way with words early on in her career, and she is often chosen to act as an envoy to local populations, having a knack for relating to people coming from less fortunate backgrounds.

But like most sisters of the Iron Tower, Naritha's true duty is on the front lines, facing down heretics with nothing but her wits, her bolter, and her courage.

And she wouldn't have it any other way.

--++

--++ File Concludes ++--
++-- Praise The Emperor --++

I don't have the manual dexterity to paint faces properly, and I know it's letting the model down a bit. It always amazes me when people manage to paint eyes on a bare head! :sweat:

Equally, one thing I've managed to do really, really well (by my standards) is paint all the details on Naritha's torso armour - which is then promptly covered up by the bolter, exactly like sister Karinda before her. :laugh.:

Still, that is the second sister down.
These are truly incredible models to paint, and I honestly feel they were worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Just another eight to go!

Also more pics:

gallery_46204_9220_10459.jpg
gallery_46204_9220_3527.jpg
gallery_46204_9220_69028.jpg

EDIT: Missed a group shot pic in the spoilers.
I know, it's only two, it's not much of a group at this point. :tongue.: Edited by Ace Debonair

Thanks Grotsmasha!!!!! Lets start with BFG so. I will make multiples vows.

I, Mandaloriano, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of April pledge to complete for the Gods of Chaos 3 Sword Frigates for the Iron Warriors Fleet by month's end.

49856943406_f161738e1e_w.jpg

Finished my first may vow!!!! small and easy colours. 

I am choosing the next ships to make 1200 pts aprox fleets, because I want to assemble three different fleets, one of the Iron Warriors, another of the Death Guard and the last of the Iron Hands with some Imperial Fist, all of them from Horus Heresy

3 Iron Warriors Sword Frigates

49857580996_3f833364b2_w.jpg

--++ Accessing File OIT-3C-S1-4 ++--

gallery_46204_9220_53271.jpg

++--
Whereas most Heavy Bolter operators in the Order of the Iron Tower tend to gravitate towards sheer weight of fire to eliminate their targets, Sister Isumi treats each shot with the solemn dignity of a born sniper. Raised on Koruke under the weight of thousands of years of carefully orchestrated customs that stressed the importance of discipline over all else, Isumi is stoic and unflappable even in the face of such foes as heretic Astartes.

Her high skill at marksmanship and devotion to her duty has seen Isumi excel as her squad's heavy weapon operator, her Heavy Bolter punctuating the bursts of fire from her sisters with a steady beat, each shot placed with care and precision.

--++

--++ File Concludes ++--

Three Sisters down!
I have another day off, and this is how I've spent my morning. :biggrin.:
I don't get another day off until the next week now, though, so I'll have to sneak some paint in as time permits. :ermm:

gallery_46204_9220_54962.jpg

Thank you Gore Crow. BFG is a really good game. I like very much  the naval wargames......so naval wargame in space with space marines, is the best!!!!! :biggrin.: .

Here is another vow for may.

I, Mandaloriano, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete for the Gods of Chaos 1 Battlebarge, 1 Styx Heavy Cruiser and 1 Dominator Cruiser with Nova Cannon for the Iron Warriors Fleet by month's end.

Dominator Class Cruiser "Ferric Tyrant" and Styx Class Heavy Cruiser "Grand Megera"

49858382021_c1fd8ab8dc_w.jpg

Custom Battlebarge "Iron Skulls"
49858689752_e564425c02_w.jpg

Edited by mandaloriano

Had quite a hard time to strip the previous paintjob off the Lictor. In the end, I mostly painted over it. Luckily, the layer was not thick enough to obscure the details. And painting a metal mini once in a while is super satisfying!

sa2su3D.jpg

Now to imagine what had happened if the Iron Warriors had responded to the call for help from Murder. They may just have nuked the place from orbit ...

Now, for another random pick from my backlog table.

I, TPS, pledge to paint 8 Tactical Marines, to the defense of the Xenos, by month's end.

IsOAPgr.jpg

Well then, I;m finishing up a model I started 10 years ago for this month's Vow.

I, Brother Cambrius do solemnly vow to complete Chapter Master Oros Sirion of the Sons of Doom, clad in Terminator Armour and armed with the Pyre Claws for the month of May:

med_gallery_26154_4148_160479.jpg

I'm gonna be trying to redo the base to befit a Chapter Master and add the worn cloak you see, which originates form the Chaos Terminator set, to help add to the look of a Chapter Master. Plus, he needs a good once over with all paints, as the ones currently on him are 10 years old and not well applied.

Cambrius

For this month, I, Skywrath, vow to complete one Grey Knight Apothecary with the condition that it arrives within two weeks. If it doesn't, then I vow to complete a trio of Eliminators, painted in Dark Angel colours. (That's ok, Grot?)

For Titan, and for the Emperor!

Edited by Skywrath

--++ Accessing File OIT-3C-S1-5 ++--
gallery_46204_9220_33533.jpg

++--
Before joining the Order of the Iron Tower, Sister Safyl fought in the desperate defence of Tygan City on Narrigoth. The city had come under attack by a heretical cult leader calling himself the 'Herald of Atraste' and his rabid followers, using primitive cannons and catapults to bombard the stone walls of the city.

Then just a young civilian, when the walls fell Safyl helped defend her home, standing in the breach with spear in hand while exhorting her fellows to construct a barricade behind her.

The Order of the Iron Tower arrived mere minutes after, finding Safyl wounded but still fighting in front of a hastily constructed wall of rubble, two cultists dead at her feet, murmuring prayers to The Emperor as she tried to find the strength to make it to her feet.

Once the battle was won and her wounds were healed, the Order of the Iron Tower gladly inducted the willing Safyl into their training programs, and ever since she's continually proven to be as hardy and fearless as she was that day in the breach.

--++

--++ File Concludes ++--

Another one down! I don't think I'll be able to keep this pace up, though - Work's getting in the way again as of tomorrow. :sweat:

I think I'm going to do these sisters as two squads of five.
Which means it's a Sister Superior up next - I'm looking forward to this! :biggrin.:

Hello Grotsmasha, a quick question if I may. Do you have any guidance on counting bases as completions? Reviewing my models I see that I have a lot of daemons that have unfinished bases. Most have basing material and a base coat, others have basing material but that’s it, others still have nothing but bare plastic. As I have been able to resupply on paints I use for bases I wonder whether I could go over my old models and finish them properly.

Thanks

Hello Grotsmasha, a quick question if I may. Do you have any guidance on counting bases as completions? Reviewing my models I see that I have a lot of daemons that have unfinished bases. Most have basing material and a base coat, others have basing material but that’s it, others still have nothing but bare plastic. As I have been able to resupply on paints I use for bases I wonder whether I could go over my old models and finish them properly.

Thanks

Completing bases count, SufficientAnonymity completed, like 99 (IIRC) of them for January, so go for it :tu:

I. Givemead, hereby accept the 12 months of hobby challenge and vow to complete the bases on 10 Plaguebearers by months end for the glory of Grandpa Nurgle and the chaos faction.

jqgVxFj.jpg?1

And there's plenty more where they came from...

Edited by Givemead