=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Wasn't a great time last month but hey, once more unto the breach (but with an easier vow :P )

I, Aeternus, for the month of May vow to finish off half of the previous failed vow - 5 mostly completed Chaos space marines! 

After that I'll see but might expand a bit and try some more...loyal things. 

@Ace Debonair: really liking the sisters, usually don't see green involved but it's going nicely with the steel armour

Here are the Tacticals!

nTUEVZl.jpg

Now to find a place and an opponent to lay siege to! I could really do with some gaming ...

Got another week of vacation in sort-of-lockdown, so plenty of time to tackle more miniatures.

I, TPS, vow to paint my Grey Knights backlog (2 5-man Strike Squads, 1 5-man Purgation squad and 2 Paladins), for the defense of the Xenos, by month's end.

2TxTpRe.jpg

Hello Grotsmasha, a quick question if I may. Do you have any guidance on counting bases as completions? Reviewing my models I see that I have a lot of daemons that have unfinished bases. Most have basing material and a base coat, others have basing material but that’s it, others still have nothing but bare plastic. As I have been able to resupply on paints I use for bases I wonder whether I could go over my old models and finish them properly.

Thanks

Completing bases count, SufficientAnonymity completed, like 99 (IIRC) of them for January, so go for it :thumbsup:

Yup, 99 bases for my Templars - mostly just rims, razor wire and clump foliage, but six of them got fancy ruins.

I've learned my lesson and am working on my bases right after finishing the model working on my Sisters!

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Oh this seem like a fun challenge and I need another 1000points painted so why not.

I Etheneus, hereby accept the 12 months of hobby challenge and vow to complete 2,5 Heavy Weapon Squads by months end for the defence of the Empire of Man.

Here is a wip from a few days ago. Will finish all expect mortars for now. My missile launchers are almost done.

XWVqgsv.jpg

@Ace Debonair: really liking the sisters, usually don't see green involved but it's going nicely with the steel armour

Thank you kindly! :biggrin.:

I have to admit I wasn't 100% sure how good they'd look to start with, but I'm very happy with how they're progressing. :happy.:

Speaking of which, it's back to the painting table for me...

EDIT:

++--++ Datafile Located: ++--++

++-- Authorising Access --++

--++ Acessing File OIT-3C-S1-1 ++--

gallery_46204_9220_34041.jpg

++--

The Order of the Iron Tower can boast a lengthy history of war with heretics, but the Order as a whole has little chronicled conflict with xenos.

Sister Superior Lenadra, then, is something of an outlier, for she harbors a fell and terrible hatred for the alien within her.

Shortly after passing the qualifying tests and becoming part of the Adepta Sororitas, Lenadra's home city of Dorum, on the shrine-world of Nothoc, was raided by the Kabal of the Shattered World. Amongst those taken by the Drukhari were Lenadra's family - her mother, father, and two younger sisters.

Bringing the elusive Kabal to battle is a difficult task indeed, but should the Order of the Iron Tower ever find themselves in open war against the Drukhari, Sister Lenadra will surely be at the forefront of the conflict, eager for vengeance.

--++

gallery_46204_9220_19150.jpg

Finally, a shot showing off the brown leather body armour I've been painting - although this one doesn't have any fancy gold buckles or other details like the rest of the squad.

gallery_46204_9220_61729.jpg

Group shot: Naritha, Isumi, Lenadra, Safyl and Karinda.

I think I'm going to have to try re-painting Naritha's face again - I've managed to completely wash out all the detail, which is really obvious when compared to Lenadra or Safyl.

--++ File Concludes ++--

++-- Praise The Emperor --++

I did me a paint! :biggrin.:

By which I mean, I finished another sister. :sweat:

That's four from this month's vow down, five to go.

I'm also waiting for a Canoness and some Seraphim to turn up, but I'm honestly not sure when they'll get here. Hopefully soon!

Edited by Ace Debonair

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 5 aeldari guardians (Mymeara craftworld) to the defence of the Xenos Faction by month's end.

sml_gallery_141590_15861_405639.jpg

Hey Grot, I'm nearly done with my plodding along vow. If I get that done will I be eligible for more CP if I pledge another plodding along vow to get done in the last half of the year?

I've finished the bases on the Plaguebearers.

cCvx0VY.jpg?1

I enjoyed these so I'm going to carry on doing basing.

I, Givemead, hereby accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to complete the bases of 11 Plaguebearers by months end, for the Glory of Nurgle and the Chaos Faction.

zNAKa9L.jpg?1

--------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone help please?  I'm looking for a head for the space marine hero in MkIV armour that cam in Betrayal at Clath that I want to use as a Word Bearers Dark Apostle (pic in my log).  I am after a bare head with an open mouth.  I want something that I can either get from a bits site or is part of a kit that will give lots of other conversion material, so probably not loyal space marines of any kind.  If anyone has ideas I'd like to hear them.  Thanks.

Can anyone help please?  I'm looking for a head for the space marine hero in MkIV armour that cam in Betrayal at Clath that I want to use as a Word Bearers Dark Apostle (pic in my log).  I am after a bare head with an open mouth.  I want something that I can either get from a bits site or is part of a kit that will give lots of other conversion material, so probably not loyal space marines of any kind.  If anyone has ideas I'd like to hear them.  Thanks.

All of the basic Tactical Marines in the Space Marines Heroes set 1 come with both a helmeted and a bare head, several of which are yelling. Definitely Brother Garius and Gaium do. I'd send you my spares but AusPost has restrictions in place that make postage more prohibitive than usual.

If the Apostle needs to have crazy hair, you could use Space Wolves heads. I found some in my bits box and used them to make Noise Marines with extra glamourous hair.

Thanks to you both Grotsmasha and TPS for your suggestions.  I hadn't thought about the SM Heroes at all, so that is a great shout.  I had thought about the Space Wolves heads and actually have a shouty one, but I was thinking of less hair.

Turns out I had a suitable head all the time!  There is a bare, hairless head in the MkIII armour kit, which has an open mouth.  It's maybe not as shouty as some heads, but I have it so I can finish the conversion.  I may well do it as my next vow.

2 Strike Squads, a Purgation Squad and two Paladins are ready to banish the Daemon. Grey Knights backlog successfully cleared.

wEOxLmD.jpg

Still another week of vacation to go.

Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time!

I, TPS, vow to paint my Tyranids backlog (Old One-Eye, a Carnifex, 8 Genestealers, 12 Termagants, 3 Ripper bases) and do the base for the Tyrannofex, to the defense of the Xenos, by month's end.

XyELj2a.jpg

So, my PopGoesTheMonkey order FINALLY showed up, so I can finally start these:

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of May pledge to complete 5 Cataphractii Terminators of the Dark Angels, as well as Mephiston the Lord of Death, 10 Incusors, 3 Eliminators and 3 Suppressors of the Blood Angels to the defence of the Imperium by month's end.

B3QiFCA.jpg

rG4crHq.jpg

The Blood Angels are an outstanding Commission I need to finish for a friend. Might as well finish them now :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

So halfway done. Three missile launchers, one autocannon and finished the lascannon that only needed the base.

Dv7tNxR.jpg

Back of the tyranid. Thanks to CatgutPainting for paintscheme although my son chose the colours.

T0GRlui.jpg

I wanted two kneeling guys in my inf squads so had to make a gun without crew. This is the result.

YANVqdx.jpg

Lastly finished this base and the extra guy.

8UA6h37.jpg

A quick little progress update on the Repentia - four down, five to go. I've done two Latina and two Black in this group, and the next group are going to be a selection of Caucasian and Asian skin tones.

rY11zu4.jpg

I'm declaring my plodding along vow complete.

gallery_141590_16070_72718.jpg

I've also made a cheeky vow for the Nurgle's plague hobby challenge in the raven guard forum.

I Dwango of the Shadow Haunters vow to complete a Helix Adept by the 28th June. For the glory of the imperium and the God Emperor.

First time poster in the Raven Guard forum. My plan was to start a small successor force next year but this event was too good to pass up! Plus it allows me to practice a new colour scheme, base scheme and (hopefully) some weathering techniques. med_gallery_141590_15861_503258.jpg

Current WIP - Add this to my current vow (of an apothecary) if you can, Grot?

DA inspired brother captain - cloak was a real annoyance to get on, but eventually it fit reasonably well. Personally very proud of the Spear of Caliban kitbash to a nemesis halberd mix, thinking a bit of paint should fix the glue "edge". Likewise pretty happy how the Iron Halo turned out on him (took the tip of a nemesis warding stave and glued it on). Also surprisingly the drilling went smoothly as well - no issues whatsoever. 

lWo3K2y.jpg
wvX6dyp.jpg
22iZf27.jpg

Apothecary - another attempt at magnetisation
JaWLXcO.jpg
ZJUNK1R.jpg

Ancient 
qYqD5Eg.jpg
QoMx1Yc.jpg

2x Paladins
fP3TVZ5.jpg
F4y3jRU.jpg