=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I, Wakkomaster, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete for the Imperium a 5-man Hellblaster Squad and a Primaris Lieutenant by month's end.

P 20200605 230312

As usual:

- paint gold, black and parchments again

- more and better highlights

- base

- decals

This will be the last batch from last year's ETL to go through the revamping process

Updating my vow.

Dark Angels - Feirros Conversion to a Dark Angel Techmarine. Might be a GK tech-marine though, depends how I feel. Also vowing a Deathwing Champion (pictures coming this week).

Grey Knights - 2 GK apothecaries  as well as that captain from last month.

Edited by Skywrath

Brother-Captain with Dark Angel color scheme and weaponry as well as the apothecary complete. Not particularly pleased how they turned out, however this was my first attempt at magnetisation, and it turned out *reasonably* well. Also this was to test whether the 'ardcoat varnish had an impact on lighter colored armor such as silver - to which it did. The addition of it was mostly positive, however it does have a tendency to obscure some lighter details. Pictures in spoiler.

ZeGXCAh.jpg
JBleu1R.jpg
iWMeHfu.jpg
JzTeQtY.jpg
1X3BQZh.jpg
y1CQXfB.jpg
9FAVsGw.jpg
ekeRmZl.jpg
5iO8XaO.jpg
Ad3A6qg.jpg
YK201IF.jpg
5IxuWUY.jpg
6lz1ILF.jpg

Also providing picture of the Grey Knight tech-marine sculpt (waiting for glue to set), Deathwing Champion sculpt should be soon, when the halberd arrives.

19vDj38.jpg
qho2hps.jpg

Apologies for the double post, Grot, but the GK techmarine is complete! Probably my finest work, however my phone camera does have a way of exposing the worst instead of the best.. Still need practice doing eyes, but overall pretty happy with the miniature. Picture in spoiler.

Fr2Tnwk.jpg
Np7isLM.jpg
5SX6aNu.jpg
yA9LXol.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

A WIP of my female cadians and how I do them.

wnOPjPa.jpg

The heads are from Statuesque. The balds are to have regular cadian helmets.

2K9mqZQ.jpg

I clip of the top of the heads. File the top and ears to make the helmet fit. Just above the eyebrows seem good. I often have to remove a bit of the back of the head as well.

Then glue the helmet on. Use green stuff if something need to be filled.

bxZAzFQ.jpg

Finally use green stuff at the neck to fit the head. Remove excess and let the rest dry a bit before smoothing out. 4 with helm and 3 without done. The last three will have to wait till tomorrow.

It has been a long, long time since I posted in here, this is partly due to forgetfulness with taking starter pictures and then it was because my hobbying time got rather taken up with being pregnant and then having a small baby to look after. Other than painting a bit of scenery recently, this is my first project since our little boy came into the world in November, and I've only got this photo because my husband (Rogue) thought to take it for me.

So here is my pledge - a unit of 5 Sicarians (Infiltrator Princeps/2xInfiltrators/2xRuststalkers) to balance out a previous unit that I had made up with Kill Team in mind. This picture shows what they looked like at the start of the month and the plan is to have them completed by the end of June. (For the Xenos faction, as I when I play anything other than Kill Team, I double with my husband's Cult army)

sicarians

Edited by roguechaplain

It has been a long, long time since I posted in here, this is partly due to forgetfulness with taking starter pictures and then it was because my hobbying time got rather taken up with being pregnant and then having a small baby to look after. Other than painting a bit of scenery recently, this is my first project since our little boy came into the world in November, and I've only got this photo because my husband (Rogue) thought to take it for me.

So here is my pledge - a unit of 5 Sicarians (Infiltrator Princeps/2xInfiltrators/2xRuststalkers) to balance out a previous unit that I had made up with Kill Team in mind. This picture shows what they looked like at the start of the month and the plan is to have them completed by the end of June. (For the Xenos faction, as I when I play anything other than Kill Team, I double with my husband's Cult army)

Nice to have you back :tu:  Looking forward to those AdMech

GK apothecary 2 done! Sword is magnetised, so he can be equipped with any nemesis weapon. Definitely my finest work, hopefully this is my ticket to the artisan award this month. Pictures in spoiler.

For Titan and for the Emperor! We are the Hammer!

cWW7YMK.jpg
fqyaYVS.jpg
ZYP0QG5.jpg
B1vU5xy.jpg
Qgzq3yO.jpg

.Finished my vow of 6 more cultists:

85E8WIc.jpg

Here are closeups of 3 of my favorites:

fXuNGA2.jpg

8YCsxjI.jpg

bokkWQn.jpg

And although the other 4 were a previous vow, here is all 10 of the squad together:

8DzV9P5.jpg

I'm really happy how they've come out and despite being genestealer cultist models with only the odd head swap and chaos stars, and even with using purple as a highlight colour (which is a common genestealer cultist colour), they don't jump out as genestealer cultists.

Including my body of the Deathwing Champion (halberd still coming) and fixed the areas of the GK apothecary. Ironically forgot to shade the recesses on him the first time, whooops! That's been fixed though. Pictures in spoiler. Sorry again for the double (or triple) post. 

Uk9ynzn.jpg
rSkTDdX.jpg
O6kq1xd.jpg
mhooGzZ.jpg
HVFMhPC.jpg
MoYn2uV.jpg
Edited by Skywrath