=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Rolled more dice and 'found' more things to paint!

Another Invictor, 5 Incursors and an incindental Dreadnought (not in the Salamander team, but forgot to move him aside before taking the picture, therefore painted he gets), done by end of June, for the glory of the Xenos!

tlJod02.jpg

You are a painting machine :)

Here's my own June vow complete - six more acolytes for the Xenos cause:

acolytes

And I'm sneaking in one more model this month - it's a tech-priest (who's the last piece of my brood brothers regiment; he's there to look after the Russ squadron). 

techpriest

I, Rogue, commit to painting one techpriest by the end of June, in the furtherance of the Xenos cause.

Sorry for my continued absence these last couple of months Brothers, life suddenly needed a lot of attention. :sweat:

Today's the day though - time to get my Lockdown Challenge model finished!

I, Acemund Debonair, the Hawk of Talhon, hereby embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of April, I pledge to complete One (1) Canoness of the Order of the Iron Tower to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

gallery_46204_9220_132422.jpg

Throne help me, I might even have a go at painting the eyes this time.
I expect this to be a disaster waiting to happen! :laugh.:

Can’t believe I’ve only just discovered this thread - Grotsmasha this is a genius idea to have the challenge start with any unfinished model - this can help me get those half-finished models over the line. I will definitely pledge for July.

Have spent all my likes on the awesome work here so keep it up frater.

Status on my Plodding Along project: A bowl of delicious resin soup! Cleaned up all the parts and gave them a good scrub with an old toothbrush to remove any sticky surprises Forgeworld may have left.

H1Y03yQ.jpg

I also found the soup's small cousins that could do with a paintjob. I vow to paint a pair of AT Warhounds by month's end, for the glory of the Xenos!

TATpCCt.jpg

Edited by TPS

In the end utterly trailed off last month's vow (leading to the second next month badge in a row) when uni exams came round, but now after a few weeks they're all done and I have some time before I'm heading back to London from Notts, so figure lets give it a go again!

Though with something not in power armour at first, since those previous Night Lords are starting to give me angry glances at how long they've spent on the desk not being completed...

So, I, Aeternus embark once more on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of June, I pledge to complete one Vaskarti Oathed (chaos cultist) for the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end. 

If it goes well then there's another 9 from his squad and 6 subjugators to be done, along with maybe a sneaky fabius, but I've learned not to pledge them all at once :P 

IMG-20200624-023933-01.jpg

Vow complete !!!!!

gallery_100232_16466_775060.jpg

They're so cute! Great job on their armpit shields.

I'll try another vow for June, though I likely won't finish it this month - 5 1 ft x 1ft terrain tiles.

[Edit] It seems I accidentally deleted my picture of the tiles - here it is:

rqaYNUu.jpg

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Vow complete !!!!!

gallery_100232_16466_775060.jpg

They're so cute! Great job on their armpit shields.

I'll try another vow for June, though I likely won't finish it this month - 5 1 ft x 1ft terrain tiles.

[Edit] It seems I accidentally deleted my picture of the tiles - here it is:

rqaYNUu.jpg

Thanks man! Are those tiles store bought or DIY?

Thanks man! Are those tiles store bought or DIY?

They are store bought - they are from Secret Weapon miniatures: http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=125_128

I'm painting them for a friend who got them through a kickstarter.  After these (which are the last of his 16 forgotten city tiles), only 16 (he also has the junk yard tiles) more to go!

EDIT:  If you want to see what they look like painted, here is a link to 4 I had painted previously: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357278-super-mega-terrain-discussion/?p=5441964

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I, The_Chaplain, commit to the following plodding along vow in allegiance to the Xenos faction for this 12 month of hobby event:

60 Choppa Boyz:

50044546896_fb8554ebb7.jpg

5 Stormboyz

50044805122_1857c11ddb.jpg

6 Nobz with Power Klaws

50043985033_1d95e856bb.jpg

Skrak's Skull-Nobz (5 nobz with rules in white dwarf 454)

50044546881_e555dd8ac4.jpg

Kromlech Nob with Waagh Banner

50043985023_a221267172.jpg
Edited by The_Chaplain

So, with four days left, I'm thinking I might not be able to finish all the models I vowed, or at least not finish them all to the standard I usually do. Because the vehicles I vowed, aside from the Repulsor, weren't built by me and were assembled in kind of a bad manner.

So those might just be "tabletop ready/3-colour minimum", sadly.

So, with four days left, I'm thinking I might not be able to finish all the models I vowed, or at least not finish them all to the standard I usually do. Because the vehicles I vowed, aside from the Repulsor, weren't built by me and were assembled in kind of a bad manner.

So those might just be "tabletop ready/3-colour minimum", sadly.

It's all good, one model is enough :tu:

Gaurdian31, oh the nostalgia of a metal Dread, nicely done.

TPS, good luck with the big and little ones.

I had time to spray earlier in the week and have made a little more progress since the below, so I should get some of the below done this month, the rest will probably be next month.

gallery_29932_13153_45119.jpg