=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

I have completed my vows (did in about a week or so after I made them) but just haven't had time to photograph them.  Will try to get pics up before the deadline.  Been busy working on my plodding along vow but have hit a couple of walls with that.  Need decent magnets to magnetize the sucker and not sure how to magnetise the three hull weapons (stubber, melta and las) with only two mounts...

I, Etheneus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete one command squad with lieutenant, five snipers and a guardsman with a plasma gun by month's end

lYZQcPm.jpg

Yes, this iis a ragtag of troops but I haven't bought a single model from a store yet. The vox caster and two snipers was built and primed, two snipers and four command guys painted but some bits had fallen off. The lieutenant and one sniper I built myself.

I recently acquired some 30 ish Legionnaires from a friend (he's letting go his firstborn Marines in favour of the new and hot Primaris flavour - I was eager to take in anyone whose armour looked sufficiently ancient, so there's more HH stuff in reserve) to fuel my addiction for painting rust and hazard stripes.

Time to get to the task: I, TPS, vow to re-base and repaint (will also optimize some weapon loadouts while I'm at it) 19 Tactical Marines, for the glory of the Xenos, by the end of July.

iiMyznI.jpg

I will not be finishing Ghazghkull in time. I'm actually very close, but I still have some touch-ups to do, a wash, and then the last layer of weathering and I don't want to rush such a glorious model. Lockdown-malaise has really effected my productivity.

On the upside, my vow for July will be very quick, after the holiday :smile.:

I, toaae, for the glory of the Xenos faction, pledge for the month of July to complete Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.

med_gallery_14776_14614_538310.jpg

So just to rush these pics in with literally minutes to spare:

ORKS Done:

gallery_36568_16061_36343.jpg

Ruins done:

gallery_36568_16061_10894.jpg

And where I am at with my knight:

gallery_36568_16061_227573.jpg

I apologise for the cluttered and rushed pics. But pics is pics, so better then nothing.

For July what I vow will be dependent on what I buy/am given in the next week or two but I am currently trying to push through my knight as I had hoped to finish it before now.

I'm not sure why, but the Chaos Terminators have been really intimidating me to start after a few months away from consistently painting. I didn't manage to complete the full vow for June, but here is one Chaos Terminator.

50072600211_988e6b54a6_w.jpg50072599396_6bb4e45931_w.jpg50072036853_542896deb9_w.jpg

When I finish up the squad, in July, I will get better photos.

For this months' vow, I got quite the list.

Dark Angels: Ferrios Conversion to a Dark Angel Techmarine, 6 Aggressors (2 of them with Deathwatch shoulder pads), Ravenwing Apothecary, Deathwing Ancient re-painted and magnetised.

Grey Knights: Lexicanum Varus in GK colours and GK iconography. 

Note: This is vowed with the prefix that it arrives on time.

Aeldari: My friend is thinking of joining the hobby as an Aeldari Craft-worlds player. As I am fairly bad at painting things, he asked me to paint the Triumvirate of the Ynnari (talk about throwing me in the deep-end) ;p. Note: The above is said in good humour, plus it was his birthday gift.  

Pictures will be vowed when the items arrive. For the Lion!

Edited by Skywrath

Hey guys, I'm back, I hope!

I, Arkhanist, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 2 Plague Marines to the defence of the Chaos Faction by month's end.

I don't think I'm going to have the energy to rejoin the mighty empires campaign though alas.

M9oiNagh.jpg

So this is my 3rd attempt at a scheme for my nascent Death Guard, but while my previous one looks decent under very bright light, it's kinda dull and flat under normal lighting and I really lost motivation. I haven't touched a paintbrush for months as work plus looking after my kids went entirely insane due to the obvious, but this video really fired up me wanting to try and base a new scheme off it, and you've gotta go where your mojo takes you!

July

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete 2x Icarus lascannons, 2x Comms Array, 2x floor panels to the defence of the Imperial Faction by month's end.

gallery_62972_11196_1136173.jpg

To do:
~ Everything

I, LameBeard, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of July pledge to complete my XIIth Legion veteran sergeant (and maybe even the rest of his squad) by the month end.

gallery_93054_12142_550.jpg

This is my Lockdown painting challenge - you can see progress has been slow, so now I have double the incentive (I'm allowed to pledge in both right?). In Lockdown I am pledged to the Age of Darkness Traitors, so here it's for the glory of chaos? Now I just need the wind to die down for a day so I can spray those backpacks.

Edited by LameBeard

In addition to a re-vow of my Dark Apostle I didn't manage to finish last month I'm now vowing some metal raptors I found while on a search for some old dreadnought bits (that I didn't find!) -

CvzT3OY.jpg?1

I, Givemead, accept the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge and vow to paint 6 Raptors before months end for the glory of the Chaos faction.

I, Llagos_Tyrant, for the month of July vow to complete 4 Chaos Terminators and 8 Chaos Space Marines for the glory of Chaos and the Iron Warriors legion by months end.

Having already vowed these models in June and sharing a picture of them then, I don't think I need to share a repeat picture? I've already been painting a bit the last two days and am hoping to power through these and make a second vow to make a bit of a comeback in model count this month.

Edited by Llagos_Tyrant

Still not sure what I'm going to be vowing for this month - everything went a little bit to :censored: at the end of last month, with an order being very heavily delayed and me grabbing some stuff as a stopgap measure out of my planned sequence of work.

Fingers crossed I'll be able to vow a SoB Rhino, two Preachers and ten Sororitas this month, then start vowing Black Templars again from August - hoping to pick up Indomitus, plus I've got some Eliminators to convert, and after raiding my childhood hobby at the parents' place, a Predator and Venerable Dreadnought to strip.

@ Focslain-- do they give you the full sprues when you order those moirax armigers or are they missing components at all?

You get three of the four sprues. The armigar is made of four generally, body, legs, attachments (feet/arms/carapace weapons) and weapon/armour sprues.

The moriax is missing the weapon/armour sprue. Also it has a resin back which is only different in the fact that the top, where is connects to the carapace, is rounded.

As a side not the weapon/armour sprue is also the only difference between the warglaive/helverin.