=] 12 Months of Hobby 2020 [=

Grotsmasha

Little update, the first three moriaxi are nearly done.

20200714 220055

Just need to do the shoulder armour markings. After that I'll get on the second set.

As a side note, the weapons are all magged as i planned to have four of each weapon option for these and the other three.

A little bit later in the month than I usually peldge, but here's my July pledge - three Eliminators for my Black Templars "Witchfinder Squad Pulsifer" and two Priests/Missionaries/Preachers for my Sororitas, Fathers William and Paul.

iapwztl.jpg

Are they shortening their name from Witchfinder Squad Thou-shalt-not-commit-adultery Pulsifer then? Too long for tactical briefings? Edited by Aeternus

Are they shortening their name from Witchfinder Squad Thou-shalt-not-commit-adultery Pulsifer then? Too long for tactical briefings?

But of course. Tactical briefings were starting to delay the purging.

Declaring my last Suppressor finally finished :smile.:
med_gallery_105306_14251_752975.jpg

and a group shot

med_gallery_105306_14251_434171.jpg

EDIT:
Follow-up:

I, MAJKHEL of the Blood Angels, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of JULY vow to complete 6 Intercessors to the defence of the IMPERIUM by month's end.
med_gallery_105306_14251_1058831.jpg

Edited by Majkhel

Last trio of Aggressors painted. Images in spoiler. Looks like, Grot, my GK's have to wait until next month to be completed - they are still somewhere in Imperium Nihilus battling Nurgle's plague. But I got a few models I acquired, on my painting rack, that should be sufficient, I hope.

gsGcclN.jpg

Edited by Skywrath

I think I should complete the squad of golden guardians. My local gaming group plans to do some Crusading from next month on, and I intend to bring the men in gold and black to battle. Bonus points for a warm coat of paint! I vow to paint 2 Custodian Guard, to reinforce the Xenos forces, by month's end.

5J1iRuD.jpg

In the last couple weeks, I've been plodding away HARD and have done some transformative work on my pile of resin.

Left to do: build and magnetize the weapons, various detailwork on the armour panels and some weathering. The engine has learned to stand upright and the crew is currently running the final pre-walk tests.

sEpbnhb.jpg

z5uCQLL.jpg

TPS, Nice work on the Reaver head and the crew.

Majkel, those suppressors look like they are actually doing their job instead of hanging weirdly of flying stands.

Focslain, more Armigers. How many is that now?

Arkhanist, that slim looks amazing!

I have made good progress so far this month, finished off one canoness for the Lockdown challenge and am on track of finishing all of the below for the middle of next month for the Iron Gauntlet, with hopefully at least half by the end of this month.

gallery_29932_13153_61264.jpg

@Trokair - For the main house? 13 of the planned 18.

In general I have... 22 table ready and 6 more left to do before my planned break from knights. That and one more questoris.

That's a lot of armigers! I'd love to see a picture of the shelf (or whatever you use for storage) with all those knights standing there!

July vow progress update: both preachers/missionaries/priests completed, test model for my Eliminators done (and I'm happy with the scheme), remainder of the Eliminators well on the way to completeness.

I need to do their highlights, freehand insignia and camo, and basing, but all the basecoats and shades are on, and I've done their lenses and screens too. Fingers crossed I'll have them all done by the end of the week in time for my copy of Indomitus to turn up at the weekend. With a spot of luck, I'll be vowing 10 Assault Intercessors come August.

@Trokair - For the main house? 13 of the planned 18.

In general I have... 22 table ready and 6 more left to do before my planned break from knights. That and one more questoris.

That's a lot of armigers! I'd love to see a picture of the shelf (or whatever you use for storage) with all those knights standing there!

I have a set of plastic storage shelves that are getting full of the 4" foam trays I use for this army. Each tray holds 1 knight or 3 armigars.

I planned to take a picture of the horde once I take my break from knight construction. By my count I'll have 9 full squads, so 28 armigars if I include the freeblade warglaive for my SM crusade force.

Course that's not the end of the line as I have two more lances that require another squad each that is past the planning stage. There is a good chance that I'll hit 40 armigars by the time I call this knight house project finally complete.

Calculating how many full sized knights I'll need will take longer, but estimate is near the same number as the armigars or just under.

Ok, going to ATTEMPT to get this finished this month, a second Knight for the Iron Gauntlet,

gallery_48988_16024_78376.jpg

I've also started on my Plodding Along vow, and at this stage I'm aiming for a Praetor and 5x Heavy Support Marines for month's end.

Edited by Grotsmasha

Not happy how my GK librarian turned out. Very happy that the Lexicanum Varus conversion to a GK worked out well, but overall, painted pretty poorly. I think I'll end up stripping him in the foreseeable future. I'm expecting some comments to the tune of "Why would you deface a rare miniature like that" or something to that effect..

Gr2WWiI.jpg
fX1ekQ2.jpg
rDqp6eT.jpg

vUXcOZb.jpg
Edited by Skywrath

For the love of the Omnissiah, don't strip him!

Why don't you give him another pass first? Salvaging a paint job you don't like is a learning experience and an adventure on its own, and you might just find something amazing at the end!

Remember the Salamanders I've done last month? That glorious green was the result of me salvaging a paintjob gone wrong.

I don't think I can give him another pass, because as the picture pointed out, there are areas where his paint is too thick and he's already got an 'ardcoat layer on him. Assuming the 'ardcoat layer still allows the paint to set on top of it, I could probably go over it with a small brush and clean him up. If not, then I'll strip the paint of him and give him another go. Also the fact that it's a rare model is why I'm willing to go with that effort. 

July vow complete: two Preachers/Missionaries/Priests for my Order of the Iron Veil, and three Eliminators "Witchfinder Squad Pulsifer" for my Black Templars.

OxvAmaZ.jpg

FL8hU1s.jpg

v3kDZ0E.jpg

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

Two more glorius Custodians done - vow complete!

Here's the full squad:

LPJKY9d.jpg

I don't think I can give him another pass, because as the picture pointed out, there are areas where his paint is too thick and he's already got an 'ardcoat layer on him. Assuming the 'ardcoat layer still allows the paint to set on top of it, I could probably go over it with a small brush and clean him up. If not, then I'll strip the paint of him and give him another go. Also the fact that it's a rare model is why I'm willing to go with that effort. 

You should be able to paint on top of the varnish without problems.

OK, time to get my hands on the new rulebook. Weee!

Edited by TPS